Video: Pattaya tourist police chief promises action on illegal guides after argument on Chinese tour bus

rooster59

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He demands angrily: Are you Thai or what? Do you understand what I'm saying. Where the hell do you want to go? Do you know what you are doing?

He was getting on my t*ts after a minute of that vid' so I off 'ed it .. 

What's his problem .. Needs to have a joint or a Samsong an' chill out abit whilst they decide where next .. 

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The argument took place at some traffic lights, reported Naew Na. 

.. Quite often they don't stop .. so in the grand scheme of things that could be viewed as a result .. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Many illegal foreign guides have been arrested in Pattaya in recent years, notes Thaivisa, though there is no indication of the nationality of the guides in this case. 

It's a bit like having your cake & eat it scenario... 

You want millions of Chinese tourists to come, but don't have the trained tours guides to show them around, so companies "arrange" Chinese guides to help out.... who are deemed illegal by immigration.
Hence driver has a Chinese guide who can talk the passengers through the day but can't communicate with the driver... the alternative which immigration/government want is Thai guides who can tell the driver where to go but can't tell the Chinese tourists "jack s**t"

Thai tourism 2019 what a mess!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, rooster59 said:

Many illegal foreign guides have been arrested in Pattaya in recent years,

Many more have been ignored and are allowed to park where they want;  many are allowed to ignore the bye-law about not using the bay to pick up tourists instead of Bali Hai; many vehicles are ignored by local police despite belching black smoke.

The police find it is more lucrative to concentrate on sticking up local motorists for made-up offences.

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, hotchilli said:

It's a bit like having your cake & eat it scenario... 

You want millions of Chinese tourists to come, but don't have the trained tours guides to show them around, so companies "arrange" Chinese guides to help out.... who are deemed illegal by immigration.
Hence driver has a Chinese guide who can talk the passengers through the day but can't communicate with the driver... the alternative which immigration/government want is Thai guides who can tell the driver where to go but can't tell the Chinese tourists "jack s**t"

Thai tourism 2019 what a mess!

Nothing new, I went on many tours in the 90s, and the Thai guides were mainly useless. Most could barely speak English on tours for English speaking tourists.

Judging by the 3 tours I went on in Chiang Mai a couple of years ago, not much has changed.