U.S. lawmakers hear from 'corroborating' witness in Trump impeachment probe

webfact

1 minute ago, Boon Mee said:

In other words, this pathetic Witch Hunt goes on and on. Are we going to have to listen to this lame <deleted> until January 2025? 

Nope. Due process is being followed. Please tell us what is wrong with it.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

In other words, this pathetic Witch Hunt goes on and on. Are we going to have to listen to this lame <deleted> until January 2025? 

What happened to your trump Avatar did it get impeached?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Shouldn't there be due process first?

You're thinking of the trial phase (in which Mitch has power to deny witnesses.) Now we are in the investigative phase - like in a grand jury while seeking an indictment. That is generally secret so as to avoid giving away testimony between witnesses. For Nixon and Clinton, there were outside investigations of the charges - conducted by the Justice Department. This time AG/Consigliere Barr declined to investigate.

Since this is an impeachment, count on there also being a House controlled series of Public hearings so as to allow testimony that Mitch would seek to quash to be aired fully during the lead up to the vote on Articles of Impeachment. Yes, and during the public hearings, the same GOP House members (41 of whom are already members of the committees hearing testimony) will again be able to ask questions. I expect their questions will involve more grandstanding than during the closed hearings... thanks to TV cameras giving them a national audience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

The discussion we are having isn't about leaks. It's about due process. Obviously, you now get the points I made and agree due process doesn't start at the trial phase. I'm glad we agree on that and can move on to other topical points.

You wot?

53 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Donald Trump has the same First Amendment rights we all have, yes? Ergo, when Adam Schiff leaks testimony, Donald Trump is allowed to respond, yes? And furthermore, Donald Trump can defend himself as information against him comes out, yes?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

The discussion we are having isn't about leaks. It's about due process. Obviously, you now get the points I made and agree due process doesn't start at the trial phase. I'm glad we agree on that and can move on to other topical points.

The ‘due process’ is equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans sitting on the committees undertaking the investigations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

Nice diversion. - congress doing their duty and  following the rules that were established when the house investigated Sec. of State Clinton. 

You know that thing conservatives have given up on - the rule of law. 

You can not defend the orange cult leaders behavior..so you divert. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jm91 said:

Your spin on it is pure fox news propaganda. 

As pointed out congress is evidence gathering - like a grand jury or police interview. 

But nice attempt at spin. 

Specifically, what spin have I offered? Please note I will defer to you regarding what is said on Fox News.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The ‘due process’ is equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans sitting on the committees undertaking the investigations.

Yep. I'm not arguing against that. I would also add to that both parties are able to question witnesses. That's due process. It's also the point I made. It was someone else who alluded to due process beginning with the trial. That is obviously not true.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2019 at 8:13 PM, Crazy Alex said:

No, you're wrong. I was responding to a specific post. I stand by my response and note due process doesn't begin at the trial phase. For your reply to be valid, there couldn't be any rules to evidence-gathering. For example, questioning a witness then allowing cross-examination is a part of due process. Or is the House allowed to present secret witnesses and then not allow cross examination? These rules all along the way are what constitute due process.

There is no cross examination in the grand jury process. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

• Thanks 1