Big spending Indians - 5,800 baht a day - set to revolutionize Thai tourism!

webfact

I think your math is wrong. Because in two weeks the new Indians will come and replace the previous group. So let’s say 2 million Indians visit s thailand that would be 2 million times 5000 bht for 14 days

you can find the answer yourself. 
There between 300 million to 400 million middle class Indians and they have just started to travel. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Yuraj said:

I think your math is wrong. Because in two weeks the new Indians will come and replace the previous group. So let’s say 2 million Indians visit s thailand that would be 2 million times 5000 bht for 14 days

you can find the answer yourself. 
There between 300 million to 400 million middle class Indians and they have just started to travel. 

Again, it all depends on what you're trying to compare... 

The original post was about @NCC1701Aspending over 52 weeks 13.3 x what the average Indian Tourist will spend on a 2 week holiday

That's it, it's not about him spending more money that 26 Indian Tourists spending 2 weeks consecutively it's a like for like comparison (1 person spending 13.3 times what another person spends over a 12 month period).

When I visit with my mates I spend an average of about 20,000 per day (excluding hotels & flights), when I leave there will be somebody else coming to replace me who's spending 20,000 per day, it doesn't mean that I spend > 3.4 times the average Indian.  If I only visit for 4 days in 1 year I spend 0.985 of what the average Indian Tourist spends over their 2 weeks.

I actually visit approx 120 days per year & would say my average spend per day on a normal trip is more like 8,000 per day (excluding accommodation, rent a Condo in BKK all year round & flights) probably around 1.2Million per year including the Party visits, compared to back-2-back Indian visitors spending 696,000 THB over the same 120 day period.

18 minutes ago, Yuraj said:

I think the figure is wrong because I was in the Pattaya night club and they were spending 5800 per minute. 
see the link below if you don’t believe

I believe you, my 2 Indian mates spend a fortune when we're on a party weekend.

Reminds me of when I was working in London & once a month (Payday) one of the Indian Project Managers would get 2 bottles of Dom Perignon (It was approx £375 a bottle back then) & walk around all night topping people's glass up whilst sipping on his coke (He didn't drink), When I asked him why he did it, he simply said that he enjoyed doing it - Fair enough... 

On 10/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, Grumpy John said:

555  These predictions are getting funnier and funnier!  Sure there will be an increase of some sort if you pour lots of cash into promoting LOS.  But to present pie in the sky numbers as hard facts is assuming people are stupider than they appear.  We may look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!  Well most of the time.  BTW, when they get to the theme park or zoo will they be paying the farang price or the Thai price? 

So give us your numbers and evidence behind them please 

4 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

There are more millionaire in Indian than Canada and way more than in Thailand.

I'm in Varkala now, beautiful temp, around 25' don't even need a fan.

Swordfish dinner is $4. Kingfisher beer is better than chang.

Good luck in getting Indians to Thailand.

and girls ? 

16 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

and girls ? 

You can go to Sonarchi in Calcutta biggest red light district in the world. Or maybe Mumbai they have bollywood actress you can date. I think you can find prostitution everywhere in India if you ask a taxi drive. But it is not on my agenda so i don't really know.

Actually you see a lot of homely women come to India to meet men.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:25 AM, upena said:

6 guys sharing one bottle of water and all staying in the same hotel room equals 5800 baht per day? Sounds like TAT math.

What a load of crock. I stay near the Anantara riverside, seems like every second day  a very lavish Indian wedding, spending mega bucks by the looks of the decor. And private boat cruises on the river, very plush parties seem to be going on, with obviously Bollywood music.

17 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

What a load of crock. I stay near the Anantara riverside, seems like every second day  a very lavish Indian wedding, spending mega bucks by the looks of the decor. And private boat cruises on the river, very plush parties seem to be going on, with obviously Bollywood music.

And that’s 1% of the indians visiting ????, other 99% are haggling in 7-11 over 7 baht bottle of water 

On 10/30/2019 at 10:36 PM, BestB said:

When was last time and how often do you go? Once a year? Weekly.?

Well this topic is not about me. But since you ask. I am one of those tourist stuck to Thailand because of my wife.

We travel to Thailand once or twice a year. done so for the last 33 year. Not so often in the past when the kids went to school.

many in this topic talking like all Indian is poor people. Only renting 500 baht bedbug shack.

i think there is a large group of upper middle class people in India. And I have occasionally meet some in Thailand.
Well just my opinion.

On 10/30/2019 at 10:34 PM, BestB said:

Strange you would think Indian tourist spend more than 500 baht on a room and this 500 is shared by 2 man at the very least 

also In which universe thailand you found low hospital prices ? And since when thailand was a place for Indian medical tourists? When prices in India are about half of Thai 

Maybe you are right about medical tourism and India.

thailand is a destination for medical tourism at least. Popular for western women in plastic surgery. Something that bring in a lot of money. Much more on one of those tourist than the average barstool Brit.  

On 10/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, Nice Boyd said:

Ridiculous numbers, Chins spending where, 6400 b a day, paid to Chinese tourist company only

At first I had your sentiment. Until one of my Chinese friends visited Thailand with her parents. Upon returning she told me about how they went to a temple and got a her furtune told. Then were asked to pay 30000 baht. And how she said she maxed out her credit cards there in Thailand of about 40000 rmb which equaled about 200000 baht at that time. They were only in Thailand for a week and she returned crying at the money spent and owed to her bank. 

In the "Pattaya Halloween: The only scary thing was the complete lack of tourists” thread the 7 indian tourists i saw were all clustered round 30 baht food stands - I believe they are spending 5,800 baht each a day about as much as I believe tourist rates are up 10% on lsat year - If you dont want people to know the truth just lie to them and everything will be ok - much as the labour Party do in the UK!!

On 10/31/2019 at 11:12 PM, BestB said:

And that’s 1% of the indians visiting ????, other 99% are haggling in 7-11 over 7 baht bottle of water 

There's no point talking to someone with a closed mind. Try as I might, I'll never convince you, because you've already made up your mind. 

On 11/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, Marley01 said:

How many deodorant companies are going to go out of business?

You should be surprised

i don't know if the word has spread by internet about 

the curry flavor and the smell of sweat from the indian crowd

but actualy most of the indians i meet here in Pattaya seem to

make a large use of the perfume and they also made an evident effort

on the dress code compared at 2 or 3 years ago.

recent conversation with a management person during a visit to a condo site, whereby my wife heard the condo manager clearly stated not liking foreigners, when asked why, (they still rent condo rooms on daily/weekly basis) the answer quite surprised me but the explanation was, Thais prefer Chinese & Indians because their short stay (maximum 1 week) and no complains VS westerners stay longer (2-3 weeks) and complain all the time.... hard to believe but heard it

13 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Maybe they were missing a couple of toes.

All jokes aside,  the calibre of the current individuals from India doesn't raise the bar much.

Normally congregating along 2nd and the corner of soi buchao and klang or 8 in a baht bus. 

Blocking the roads and pavement.  

They are the new cheap Charlie's. 

7 hours ago, Mavideol said:

recent conversation with a management person during a visit to a condo site, whereby my wife heard the condo manager clearly stated not liking foreigners, when asked why, (they still rent condo rooms on daily/weekly basis) the answer quite surprised me but the explanation was, Thais prefer Chinese & Indians because their short stay (maximum 1 week) and no complains VS westerners stay longer (2-3 weeks) and complain all the time.... hard to believe but heard it

I can see this. The elderly Europeans that go to Pattaya because they can't afford anywhere else then complain about everything as though it should be European standard which they can't even afford Spain.

Archived