Many Thai products to lose GSP privileges in the US

webfact

Most Americans would be hard put to find something in their house/condo/apartment that came from Thailand. Ninety percent of frozen shrimp consumed in USA comes from Thailand, nobody knows or cares where their shrimp cocktail came from.  Besides, lots of shrimp farmers in America are getting a raw deal when they have to compete against slave workers without rights in farang lands.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Most Americans would be hard put to find something in their house/condo/apartment that came from Thailand. Ninety percent of frozen shrimp consumed in USA comes from Thailand, nobody knows or cares where their shrimp cocktail came from.  Besides, lots of shrimp farmers in America are getting a raw deal when they have to compete against slave workers without rights in farang lands.

Don't they have loads and loads of shrimps  in Louisiana?

16 hours ago, saengd said:

And social security, don't forget that, we want unemployment pay, pensions and what ever else we used to be able to get back home....and we want it now!

I know a Chiang Mai lady...a domestic for years and years. Now she be retired, over 65. She get pension....500 bht. one month....waddaya want?

I really hope Thailand doesn't cave. Those chemicals they are trying to use and send here are terrible. As an American I would not eat it and would do everything I could to find produce that was not sprayed.

Poison absolutely poison for the almighty corporate dollar

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

As an American tax payer I happy to see the end of all free rides and handouts being given to ALL COUNTRIES!!! It's about time the playing field was leveled. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an EQUAL trade agreement and I absolutely DO NOT CARE if you think otherwise!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, the guest said:

Hopefully EU will also follow suit, time to show Thailand that the world dissaproves the way it treats foreigners.

Except it has absolutely nothing to do with how Thailand treats foreigners.

US revoking the favourable way they have treated imports of Thai seafood would suggest (as they are saying) that it is all about labour practices and the human rights abuses in the Thai seafood industry.

Edited by pookondee
clarification
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TherealG said:

I really hope Thailand doesn't cave. Those chemicals they are trying to use and send here are terrible. As an American I would not eat it and would do everything I could to find produce that was not sprayed.

Poison absolutely poison for the almighty corporate dollar

There is nothing for Thailand to cave in to. The decision is not theirs. It's entirely up to the US. 

56 minutes ago, the guest said:

Hopefully EU will also follow suit, time to show Thailand that the world dissaproves the way it treats foreigners.

Not only foreigners, if the thai still use slaves and underpay employees it's time the EU knows about that.

My wife works from 9 am untill 2 am for 6 days in row now...also the weekend...she doesn't complain but i do.

4 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Most Americans would be hard put to find something in their house/condo/apartment that came from Thailand. 

They are still doing auto parts and electronics that end up in US. Tax 'em to the hilt I say, all of west, until Thais do what they always do, fold. Time to get the trade and immigration reciprocal.