tm 30 out here in the sticks

2 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I would suggest you create a check list of immigration forms...but the list would change before you could finish.

You could get one from immigration itself, although each desk has a different one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where do I stand, I own 3 properties all in different provinces. I'm on a retirement visa do I have to submit a TM30 every time I go for a short holiday. I've lived in Thailand for the past 20 years, married to my Thai wife for 16 years. I've never seen so much confusion, for tourists it's fairly simple.

4 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

Where do I stand, I own 3 properties all in different provinces. I'm on a retirement visa do I have to submit a TM30 every time I go for a short holiday. I've lived in Thailand for the past 20 years, married to my Thai wife for 16 years. I've never seen so much confusion, for tourists it's fairly simple.

The short answer I would suggest is to ask your local Immigration Office, as the requirement seems to vary between Provinces,

Where I live you are only required to lodge one after returning from leaving the country.

Last week we went across into Burma for the day and my wife lodged one the following day it was a fairly simple process but then we have a local Immigration Office.

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

I was waiting at the school and was taken back to my house to check on my visa even though I've got a non o visa based on marriage ...

Are you on an extension or do you do 3 month visa runs ?

I'm on a one year retirement visa. I have a Thai wife we legally married 16 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

I'm on a one year retirement visa. I have a Thai wife we legally married 16 years ago. 

do the tm30 for the address you use for the extension, as well as tm6 etc. don't think too deep and just don't mention the other houses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

Ok Thanks.

One disadvantage of being on an extension is that in order to get it you will have applied for it at your local immigration office. In doing this , naturally , they have your details on file and you are in their system and on their radar.

Unfortunately it's a bit like voluntarily mounting the gallows and putting your head through their noose .They have you where they want you when it comes to chasing up TM30 defaulters.

Edited by Denim

25 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

In your shoes, I would sell two of the properties - if that's possible. But then, I would not have put that much money into Thailand to begin with.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozz1 said:

I've got a multi entry non o based on marriage at savannahknet and do runs every 90 days but apparently you still have to report

Yes TM30 still required, if you leave the country or spend a night at another address, 90 day (address) reporting should not be necessary.

Bloody hell.  They are digging deep! They've found a money tree that keeps on giving. Our house is in Nongbualamphu province though somewhat off the beaten track. My passport contains a TM30 slip, albeit from Jomtien. I'm in Pattaya at the moment but when I go home I'll just have to tell anyone checking that I only arrived a couple of hours ago! I wonder what the powers that be will make of that?   

2 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

I've got a multi entry non o based on marriage at savannahknet and do runs every 90 days but apparently you still have to report

Thankyou,i do similar.

Seems a little silly if you have yellow book,pink id card and fill in the TM6.

I live 130 km's from Khon Kaen imm and they don't accept local police reporting.

Time to get the Mrs to fill out the app. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Technically required but if you are not visiting an immigration office inside Thailand, nobody will ever ask you for a TM30.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Technically required but if you are not visiting an immigration office inside Thailand, nobody will ever ask you for a TM30.

Its indeed correct that in 99,9% of the cases, TM30 is only checked when you visit a provincial IO for a service where they need your address (e.g. extension of stay, residence certificate).

But in this case it seems Immigration Officers are checking all foreigners in Nong Bua Lamphu as the OP experienced (including TM30 compliance).

Simplest way to avoid all the hassle is to register the address you are staying on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to file your TM30's online.  PM me if you need more info on how to do it as I don't want to hijack the thread subject.

• Like 1

I think they are trying to raise money  I wasn't aware as i go out the country every 90 days       but they were looking around for any farang just walking around they drive past and stop when they see a farang

7 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Thankyou,i do similar.

Seems a little silly if you have yellow book,pink id card and fill in the TM6.

I live 130 km's from Khon Kaen imm and they don't accept local police reporting.

Time to get the Mrs to fill out the app. 

Got my wife/landlord to get a password online, recently returned from overseas and stayed at another port/province when we arrived e.g. stayed there for a week, when we arrived in our province/home, we filled in the details online and it was over in 2 minutes.

Next will be the 90 day reporting online as I have been too lazy the last 4 years driving an hour 20 to immigration to do it, in less than 5 minutes, at least this way, only have to go to immigration once a year when renewing the extension. 

It is what it is and when we take it all in, it's a piece of cake, change is always hard for us older ones, not so tech savy, wonder why we retired in the 1st place, i.e. to get away from it all ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In your shoes, I would sell two of the properties - if that's possible. But then, I would not have put that much money into Thailand to begin with.

Thanks for your property advice but all up I'd be looking at no more than 4 million baht, when purchased the baht average was around 28-30 baht. I've moved on and thinking about now. I'm not a grub from Pattaya as my Thai wife is 63 years old I'm quite happy staying at home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozz1 said:

You mean you have to do a TM30 even for that? Of course you do, what am I thinking of. This is Thailand.