"Dangerous" Brit taken off the streets of Thailand and sent packing

webfact

All good and well although continuous media portrayals of bad foreigners will give us all a bad rep.

When are they going to show that most foreigners are hard working good people contributing to the Thai economy etc..

..never is my guess

If a foreigner commits a crime in Thailand, trial here, if guilty, jail him first here,  BEFORE honoring a warrant from another country.

If found not guilty, deport honouring the warrant. After serving time in a Thai prison, it should be easy life in home country prison - if found guilty.

My opinion.

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Obviously you need to be well prepared with the correct tools

To save any further confusion I really think you need to complete my whole course of ram-raiding and unauthorized ATM removal.

I believe the common and effective method in the Uk for such a task was a JCB and just scoop it out.

Holton-Le-Clay-ATM-Theft.jpg

jcb-out.jpg

jcb-out2.jpg

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Obviously you need to be well prepared with the correct tools

To save any further confusion I really think you need to complete my whole course of ram-raiding and unauthorized ATM removal.

There were a few done with a pick up and chains in Pattaya a few years back.

5 hours ago, Maverell said:

I really find it hard to understand why they make such a big deal about a simple arrest.

It's simple. "Look at me. I am validated". The self-promotion and mututal gratification that goes on is quite comical. 

6 hours ago, Ketyo said:

In the UK knife crime is at an epidemic. Many youths think they can carry a knife and commit a violent crime and get away with it. It's about time the government started to tell them what will happen... that the vast majority of violent criminals are caught, jailed for a long time and their lives are screwed.

Just shoot them on the spot when caught...that will make the news. Free advertising. Won't even have to make up a poster board.

5 hours ago, edwardflory said:

If a foreigner commits a crime in Thailand, trial here, if guilty, jail him first here,  BEFORE honoring a warrant from another country.

If found not guilty, deport honouring the warrant. After serving time in a Thai prison, it should be easy life in home country prison - if found guilty.

My opinion.

He didn't commit a crime here in Thailand, he 'did a runner' from the UK and they came looking for him.

Thailand are unusually cooperative with foreign requests for extradition, hardly anyone actually gets extradited - they remove your permission to stay and then boot you out because you don't have a valid permission to stay.

19 hours ago, Maverell said:

I really find it hard to understand why they make such a big deal about a simple arrest.

This should answer your question...

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

• Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
  • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

11 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

What crime in Thailand did he commit? Was there an international arrest warrant out for this guy? If he broke no laws in Thailand, why would be be deported? Maybe I'm missing something here....

He was wanted in the UK.

The British Embassy were involved. 

Crossing a border does not absolve one and international cooperation, returning criminals is international law... except where Thai 'politicians' and 'hi-sos' are concerned. 

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I believe the common and effective method in the Uk for such a task was a JCB and just scoop it out.

Holton-Le-Clay-ATM-Theft.jpg

jcb-out.jpg

jcb-out2.jpg

Perfect 

Yours skills are being totally wasted on being a moderator.

i see a great future for you (PS i have some "used" JCBs if you need them )

Mr Charles Cochand, defending, apologised for his client having jumped bail. He said Taylor committed the ram raid at a time when he was in emotional turmoil because of the death of his father.

I guess lawyers have to think of something to excuse the inexcusable in their clients but it is hard to imagine the Co-op was somehow responsible for his father's death, causing him to take revenge in this way.

9 hours ago, Arkady said:

I guess lawyers have to think of something to excuse the inexcusable in their clients but it is hard to imagine the Co-op was somehow responsible for his father's death, causing him to take revenge in this way

Unless he was knocked down by one of their trucks. 

Archived