Thai Airways catering dept enters into agreement with farmer’s representative body

webfact

National airline’s catering department enters into agreement with farmer’s representative body

By The Nation

800_c69bd1097c1c1d0.jpg?v=1572403797

Thai Airways has signed a 5-year agreement with the Marketing Organization for Farmers (MOF) to buy vegetables and fruits for the catering department to produce food for 60 airlines.

Thaworn Seniam, Deputy Minister of Transport and Captain Thamanus Phrompha, Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives witnessed the signing of the agreement between the Ministry of Transport and the airline on the one side and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives and the MOF on the other. The agreement comes into effect this month.

Varangkana Luerotewong noted revealed that the Catering Department produces food to serve passengers on Thai Airways and more than 60 customer airlines. In addition, it operates food-related ground businesses including Yellow Orchid restaurant and Puff & Pie, which sells sandwiches, bakeries, salads and ready-to-eat food.

1572348724_1.jpg

The food producing process and service is certified by the international standards GMP, HACCP, ISO in Quality, Hygiene and Safety Standard and the department therefore only buys fresh produce and products that are safe and free from chemical residues and various contaminants. 

Under the terms of the agreement, Thai Airways will buy agricultural goods with certified production standards (GAP / Organic Thailand) as well as products that have received Halal certification. MOF will serve as the procurement operator and control the products in accordance with good quality and other standards. These include implementing and improving the quality of agricultural products, consumer products and others continuously and inspection of production facilities and sources to ensure adherence to the standards set by Thai Airways.

This is to ensure that Thai Airways customers can be confident that they will consume food made from only quality ingredients while supporting farmers who grow organic products.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377870

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-30

23 minutes ago, petermik said:

5 year agreement.....will Thai Airways still be in business by then  :whistling:

Of course it will, the govt will prop it up. Could you imagine the loss of face and damage to the national image if it failed! Face is a costly culture!

• Like 2

Worst food I ever had was on the SRT.  Then they stopped serving beer.  This sounds hopeful.  The guy sitting behind the flowers look nauseated, so their may be large amount of truth to the story. Guessing the profits may not be that high, or cha cha would be getting all the attention. 

They better not serve the passengers thai oranges...

PUBLIC HEALTH Ministry officials have been instructed to check on pharmacies and antibiotics manufacturers that may have distributed amoxicillin for farms – reportedly used widely in northern and central orange orchards – as it could lead to drug resistance or even fatal allergies in humans as well as contaminating the environment.

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30358806

5 hours ago, webfact said:

National airline’s catering department enters into agreement with farmer’s representative body

What a blessing this is. Management's prayers have been answered. Thai Airways has been saved by the farmers. 

All it means is the approved farmers will have to buy their "organic" certification from under the counter of the authorised certification establishments.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leeneeds said:

This business keeps giving its bottom line away, the board has zero common sense in its current financial situation

Reminds me of media TV spot some years ago, the Thai president was being pushed for comments about large numbers of complaints about cabin / cabin crew service.

His response, 'yes we are aware of complaints and we have an answer, we have decided to get new uniforms'.

The reporters all looked at each other then giggled. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Oh there's the daily troll. Yes you should tell them what's good for people to eat.

What?! I'm not telling anybody what's good or not good to eat. 

I like bell peppers. Heck, until last year I even grew them in my little garden. Haven't had time this year though. 

Some people like 'em on a pizza, I like 'em in a salad. 

I'd like to see them included in more meals as a matter of fact. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Thian said:

They better not serve the passengers thai oranges...

PUBLIC HEALTH Ministry officials have been instructed to check on pharmacies and antibiotics manufacturers that may have distributed amoxicillin for farms – reportedly used widely in northern and central orange orchards – as it could lead to drug resistance or even fatal allergies in humans as well as contaminating the environment.

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30358806

Amoxicillin for oranges?

I didn't know they could catch the clap.