Win 10 updates causing problems.

giddyup

Do a wrb search and you will find a free tool that tricks windows 10 into delaying auto updates until 2099.

I got tired of their updates being shoved down my throat and leaving me to sort the mess.

I found and installed it a year ago and never bother to read about the botched update issues anymore.

Of course some may moan about not having updates against all the viruses and malware extant now. Fear mongering.

I decided their updates fall under that heading and I'd live dangerously and take my chances while maintaining strong apps against malware by myself. I'm sick of letting Microsoft dominate my computer life and make me sweat every two months.

If anybody wants more info then PM me.

On 11/3/2019 at 10:17 AM, FarangRimPing said:

I had the same issue. I fixed it by running DISM and then SFC.

To run DISM:

open a command prompt as administrator and run the DISM command:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Let it run until it shows 100% completion.

The run the command:

sfc /scannow

Completely fixed the problem.

Thanks wish I knew that before I reset  lol

22 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Do a wrb search and you will find a free tool that tricks windows 10 into delaying auto updates until 2099.

I got tired of their updates being shoved down my throat and leaving me to sort the mess.

I found and installed it a year ago and never bother to read about the botched update issues anymore.

Of course some may moan about not having updates against all the viruses and malware extant now. Fear mongering.

I decided their updates fall under that heading and I'd live dangerously and take my chances while maintaining strong apps against malware by myself. I'm sick of letting Microsoft dominate my computer life and make me sweat every two months.

If anybody wants more info then PM me.

You have a lot more control of the updates if you have Windows 10 Pro. It's the Home version that kind of forces you to update. 

On 11/2/2019 at 2:36 AM, katana said:

Did you check it's not just a hardware problem, by plugging in another monitor?

Also check the monitor cable is firmly pushed in at both ends or even try a new cable.

It's a Lenovo all-in-one, no cable.

• Thanks 1