Thundershowers and strong winds forecast for most of Thailand

webfact

Thundershowers and strong winds forecast for most of Thailand

By THE NATION

800_d6f29c8babb5c6a.jpg?v=1572570520

In its update on Friday (November 1), the Thailand Meteorological Department said that at 4am this morning, the remnants of the tropical cyclone currently bringing bad weather to Cambodia was 30 kilometres south of Surin province.

Downgraded from a category 1 storm to an active low pressure cell, it is moving in a northwesterly direction towards Buriram province and will affect the lower Northeast, the East, the lower Central area, and the upper South with thundershowers and strong winds in some areas. People should beware of possibly severe conditions and stay tuned to weather updates.

The affected areas are as follows

November 1, 2019

Northeast: Nakhon Ratchasima and Buri Ram.

Central: Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Saraburi, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Ranong and Phang Nga.

November 2, 2019

Central: Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Bangkok and its vicinity.

South: Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan.

A strong high pressure trough meanwhile is hovering over the North, the Northeast and the Central regions with cool to cold weather, bringing 3-5 degree Celsius drops in temperature. The Central region including Bangkok and its vicinity and the East will see temperatures drop by 1-3 degree Celsius with strong winds. People should take care of their health due to the changeable weather, and stay tuned for the weather update.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377954

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-01

3 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Beautiful here in south Surin both overnight and now - cool, misty, constant drizzle.

And no a/c so I should just about be able to afford food this month ...

hey you are in surin? Youever been to Sikhoraphum?

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

No, but have just checked it out on Google maps & with my b/f. Looks well worth a visit, and good for visitors. We have a young couple coming from Oz (via HK, Taiwan, & currently VN) some time over the next few weeks so will take them for a visit there.

32 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

prefer Prasat Muang Tham just over the border in Buriram (and of course Phanom Rung). Don't get me started on the 5 times more entrance fees for non-Thais!!!!  Opposite Muang Tham there is a reservoir with small shops and food stalls with a shady walkway you can sit and have some nice basic food.

8 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

prefer Prasat Muang Tham just over the border in Buriram

This place?31870422_Buriram10-19(56).thumb.jpg.080d3466aabc8d765c2b19b66130137a.jpg

10 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

Don't get me started on the 5 times more entrance fees for non-Thais!

I know. I squealed like a pig over the $5. My retirement is finished.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

This place?31870422_Buriram10-19(56).thumb.jpg.080d3466aabc8d765c2b19b66130137a.jpg

I know. I squealed like a pig over the $5. My retirement is finished.

Yeah, It is a nice compound area; simple but not spectacular but gives a nice feel of what most prasats would've looked like. Most importantly they have hammocks at the reservoir where the food is.

i said don't get me started on the fees. ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taichiplanet said:

Yeah, It is a nice compound area; simple but not spectacular but gives a nice feel of what most prasats would've looked like. Most importantly they have hammocks at the reservoir where the food is.

i said don't get me started on the fees. ????

Why? Cant afford the $5 (for two venues)? ????

if you look here you can see the circulation of the low pressure area. Sorry I am in Pattaya so no time for weather forecasts. :clap2:

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=himawari-8/southeast_asia_band_03&width=1020&height=720&number_of_images_to_display=24

Edited by NCC1701A

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

if you look here you can see the circulation of the low pressure area. Sorry I am in Pattaya so no time for weather forecasts. :clap2:

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=himawari-8/southeast_asia_band_03&width=1020&height=720&number_of_images_to_display=24

I have heard that it only takes one look at a girl from you and you can tell 'whether' or not.

????????????????????

• Haha 1