Healthcare may trump Brexit in battle for British vote

snoop1130

On 11/3/2019 at 10:39 AM, bristolboy said:

Yes you're correct. Is that significant, though?  Now wriggle your way out of this one: The US spends the biggest percentage of its GDP on health care out of any nation in the world. And not just as a percentage of GDP. In absolute terms the USA also spends more per capita than any other OECD nation. And unlike many OECD nations, it doesn't even offer universal coverage.

Indeed because it's manipulated and run by conglomerates.

On 11/2/2019 at 3:42 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Afraid not. Ask someone who works in the NHS. The problems in the NHS are totally down to underfunding by successive tory governments.

On 11/2/2019 at 3:42 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Afraid not. Ask someone who works in the NHS. The problems in the NHS are totally down to underfunding by successive tory governments.

Simplistic to say the least , the NHS has a number of problems. Labour have used the ' Not safe in Tory hands ' line for 30 years and its gotten old .Latest polls actually show Johnson with a 6 point lead over Corbyn in regard to the NHS

• Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 5:47 PM, edwinchester said:

I have a couple of American friends and they think the NHS is fantastic compared to the US option that can bankrupt you even if you're insured.

I'd never vote for the Tories as they'd sell it out to the US healthcare conglomerates.

they wont ,dont worry

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Can you enlighten us as to the source of your confidence?

I can give you two good reasons not to worry. Firstly , despite his bufoonery , Boris is no fool , he wants to stay at number 10 so is hugely unlikely to commit political suicide.

Secondly the Labour party has warned of Tory devastation of the NHS at every election I can remember , it has not happened .Time to change the script because that one has become Peter and the wolf on steroids.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I can give you two good reasons not to worry. Firstly , despite his bufoonery , Boris is no fool , he wants to stay at number 10 so is hugely unlikely to commit political suicide.

Secondly the Labour party has warned of Tory devastation of the NHS at every election I can remember , it has not happened .Time to change the script because that one has become Peter and the wolf on steroids.

Come 13th December, he no longer needs to rely upon the backing of the electorate. Of course he is going to tell them what they want to hear (fracking ban, anyone?) - that has been the mainstay of his armory for years. As for whether he can be trusted to keep his word, well as George Bush tried to say, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2019 at 8:27 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

We don't agree on what you refer to as scaremongering on the NHS and lies. 

When the US Ambassador to the Court of St James stated that he expected the NHS to be included in any US/UK trade deal and then this was repeated by Trump, it was not some coincidental double slip of the tongue.

The health services and pharma lobbies in the US are amongst the most powerful, Trump and his ambassador did not dream up the statements they made, they absolutely will have been expressing the policies that they are working towards on behalf of the US health services and pharma industries. The clue is in 'America First'.

That Trump retracted his comments after meeting with Johnson is not an example of Johnson having more sway over Trump than the US health services and pharma lobbyists, it is an example of Johnson telling Trump not to let the cat out of the bag.

I dont disagree with what you say but as you well know , Trump doesn't always get what he wants.

I dont like the company Boris is currently keeping , but it would be a huge error to underestimate his political nous , he knows full well how much the NHS is cherished.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

But we already have devastation of the NHS.

The Conservative legacy on the NHS in numbers

???? 78,981 cancelled operations in one year

???? 43,000 fewer nurses than we need

???? 10,000 doctors short

???? 34,000 people waiting more than TWO MONTHS for cancer treatment.

???? £6.5billion worth of overdue hospital repairs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I dont disagree with what you say but as you well know , Trump doesn't always get what he wants.

I dont like the company Boris is currently keeping , but it would be a huge error to underestimate his political nous , he knows full well how much the NHS is cherished.

As I have said many times, the only thing you need to know about Johnson is, he’s an inveterate liar.

The now exposed secret meetings being held between the UK and US government are evidence that what Johnson says and what Johnson is doing are not the same thing.

Also, you are naive if you believe opening the NHS to the US health services industry is a Trump

idea, it is being dictated by the US health services and pharmacy industries.

And they do get what they want.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

Now give me the figures for the Labour controlled Welsh health service.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As I have said many times, the only thing you need to know about Johnson is, he’s an inveterate liar.

The now exposed secret meetings being held between the UK and US government are evidence that what Johnson says and what Johnson is doing are not the same thing.

Also, you are naive if you believe opening the NHS to the US health services industry is a Trump

idea, it is being dictated by the US health services and pharmacy industries.

And they do get what they want.

Lol , you are starting to sound like a Trumpster in reverse. I dont do bias confirmation , it defies logic and forces one to prostitute oneself.

The fact is that the Labour line is as it always has been , and the majority of the electorate dont believe it any more , check the latest polls.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Lol , you are starting to sound like a Trumpster in reverse. I dont do bias confirmation , it defies logic and forces one to prostitute oneself.

The fact is that the Labour line is as it always has been , and the majority of the electorate dont believe it any more , check the latest polls.

You are ignoring the fact that the government has been conducting secret meetings with the US government on the matter:

Trump's Plan for the NHS
https://g.co/kgs/zv3muq

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, tebee said:

Do you play table tennis by any chance?

7 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Anybody with an ounce of sense knows the real problem with the INHS. In my town where approx 15% of the population are foreign, at any given time I visit my GPs or hospital, at least 70% patients are foreign....go figure

I’m not sure how you determine that these people you refer to as ‘foreign’ are indeed ‘foreign’.

Please explain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Secondly the Labour party has warned of Tory devastation of the NHS at every election I can remember , it has not happened

It has happened. Why do you think that GP services, staffing on the wards has sunk to such a low level in the last 10 years?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It has happened. Why do you think that GP services, staffing on the wards has sunk to such a low level in the last 10 years?

Supply and demand plus the financial crisis (that never really went away).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Supply and demand plus the financial crisis (that never really went away).

so is it the over supply of medical expertise or the under demand of sick people that you are blaming?

• Like 1