slim duct hvac noise question

mipa123

1 hour ago, mipa123 said:

Seems Saijo Denii only sells in bundles (indoor+outdoor)

The price of around 48,000 for both is unbeatable if it is an inverter cassette unit. You really don’t want anything but an inverter and it’s virtually certain that the outdoor unit you have would not be compatible, however if it is then you need to go to independent shops as they almost certainly can get the indoor unit separately since you can usually run two indoor units from one outdoor unit as long as the specifications match.

Having just checked I’m virtually certain that it is not an inverter so you really need to be certain that you are not getting one that is too big. If you do you will not be reducing the humidity much as it will be cutting off before it’s had a chance to extract much moisture. If your current one is bringing the temperature down to cold in 10 minutes and you get the same size in a conventional cassette it is definitely oversized, bad idea.

• 3 months later...

finally got my slim duct replaced with the cassette unit few days ago (ceiling still needs to be closed again) .. it's about 100 times more quiet .. can barely hear it

paid 29.000 for the unit incl shipping and 17.000 for replacement & installation 

and it's not an inverter, since the outside unit (which I kept) is non inverter.. but does a great job now

IMG_20200210_133849.jpg.0f6b94844097579102a8c135d68093c2.jpg