Marine Police Division 8 Says Ecstasy May Stage A Comeback

Jai Dee

Marine Police Division 8 says Ecstasy may stage a comeback

The Marine Police Division 8 says Ecstasy pills have a tendency to spread heavily. Nevertheless, the marine police are continually preventing drug dealers from smuggling Ecstasy into the country by sea.

Pol. Col. Anan Huangsaithong, the Superintendent of the Marine Police Division 8, says his division is coordinating with relevant agencies to stop fishing trawlers from smuggling narcotics into Thailand. He says no fishing trawlers have been found to smuggle illicit drugs into the country yet, but officials will continue to inspect them.

In Phuket, most of the smuggled narcotics are dried marijuana, inhalants, and Ecstasy. As for Ecstasy, the pills are delivered from other provinces such as Krabi, Phang Nga, the southern and central provinces of Thailand, as well as the neighboring countries.

The drugs are usually hidden in tour buses, public buses, private cars, and letters. Moreover, officials have found narcotics in ships that are docking along the coast of Andaman Sea.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 27 March 2007

Saving that they could let all the insurgents and soldiers have the pills and that would solve everything provided they could find a decent enough soundsystem and a decent DJ... I surmise the latter could cause the biggest problem.

Saving that they could let all the insurgents and soldiers have the pills and that would solve everything provided they could find a decent enough soundsystem and a decent DJ... I surmise the latter could cause the biggest problem.

:o:D :D

They want to stop worrying about a few people enjoying themselves and getting high , and concentrate on stopping the terible killing in the South

That could be a good solution : drops of Ecstasy pills from military airplanes ! It could "ease" the tensions, right ? :o

I mean 2 years ago, the gvt launched a big campaign to drop... paper origami birds on the south, as a sign of peace and reconciliation !

I even remember : I saw some birds in paper inside a Thai Airways airplane (sticked to the ceiling)... And I saw many staff in offices who where making.... birds in paper for this campaign.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4069471.stm

And because our Ex Great Leader Thaksin had always has a high sense of marketing... he created like a lottery... Some of the paper birds droped contained a message to win... cash !

Edited by cclub75

i was at the police station 2days ago with my friend reporting an unprovoked attack(3 fleshwounds) on her by a male who clearly had taken to much ecstasy which he was a known dealer and user of. the police seemed really lazy(we woke them up) and a bit scared to take action. the guy told the police he could pay 1000baht, not more for the injuries "otherwise ###### off". the police told the girl that she should accept that, and that how the story ended. ops, he also said he was gonna kill her if he saw her again. always nice when the police lets the dealers decide their own punnishment.

i was at the police station 2days ago with my friend reporting an unprovoked attack(3 fleshwounds) on her by a male who clearly had taken to much ecstasy which he was a known dealer and user of. the police seemed really lazy(we woke them up) and a bit scared to take action. the guy told the police he could pay 1000baht, not more for the injuries "otherwise ###### off". the police told the girl that she should accept that, and that how the story ended. ops, he also said he was gonna kill her if he saw her again. always nice when the police lets the dealers decide their own punnishment.

I would be interested to know what prompted the poster to say the attacker, "had CLEARLY taken too much E".

I have been working in the field of substance misuse for 15 years (12 of those directly with drug users) and would be hard pushed to do this. Different people react differently and many of the symptoms of drug use are very similar to alcohol use. Also mixing drugs and alcohol create different effects.

However, having been around thousands of drug users, people taking E's are rarely capable of, or intetrested in violence.

In the Uk we are waiting for the explosion in Methamphetamine use (Ice rather than Yabaa) and there is evidence that dealers are selling E with a percentage of Meth in to get occasional users into it.

I have rambled but the crux is; every person who takes an E in LOS is one person not doing Meth. And, given the fact that drugs will be taken whatever, that is something to be grateful for!!!

I am not advocating drug use but just because something is illegal does not mean it is worse than something legal.

Last year in the UK 130,000 people died as a direct result of smoking, 30,000 from Alcohol, 750 from ALL illegal drugs and 26 from E.

2 months ago i was driving on a double lane road, the women in front of me clearly was taking"lessons" from her ???? whatever....beside her a tuk -tuk....i was in a hurry....oeps!!!!!!! dangerous in Thailand........OK !!!! i was passing her aggresively....but what happend next stunned me as never before.

The Guy...who was driving behind me at first, with, as it turned out to be 3 of his associates, cut me of the road........forcing me to stop........verbally abused me (o yes i speak Thai too) then identified himself with a thai driverslicence posing he was a policemen....when i told him bluntly to ^#% off...he called(mobile) atraffic policeman and when I produced my Thai driverslicence the man treatend to kill me on the spot.....when i tryed to file a official complaint at the local)big) police station......I was laught at at told to watch out or 1 of these days somebody would find me in a ditch.

O yeah..........I was drunk.........just like the other times when i tryed to file a complaint for totally diverent reasons.....complaint? farang? drunk!!!!!

Ok fair enough.........1 small detail......I was driving my car...and didnt have 1 glass of alcohol(i dont drink alcohol you see)

welcome to Thailand

you better get used to it

post-28792-1175120887_thumb.jpg

Nevertheless, the marine police are continually preventing drug dealers from smuggling Ecstasy into the country by sea.

He says no fishing trawlers have been found to smuggle illicit drugs into the country yet, but officials will continue to inspect them.

The drugs are usually hidden in tour buses, public buses, private cars, and letters.

:o

E, AFAIK, is a drug easily made in anybody's garage. Is there much international smuggling of it going on?

Nevertheless, the marine police are continually preventing drug dealers from smuggling Ecstasy into the country by sea.

He says no fishing trawlers have been found to smuggle illicit drugs into the country yet, but officials will continue to inspect them.

The drugs are usually hidden in tour buses, public buses, private cars, and letters.

:o

E, AFAIK, is a drug easily made in anybody's garage. Is there much international smuggling of it going on?

Actually there are more than one ways to manufacture MDMA, neither of which are straight forward to the layman, also certain precursor chemicals are restricted making access more difficult. As an aside I was looking for Sal Alluminac (used in the glass industry as a soldering iron tip cleaner) only to learn it was prohibited in Thailand as it was used somewhere in the process of preparing heroin.

2 months ago i was driving on a double lane road, the women in front of me clearly was taking"lessons" from her ???? whatever....beside her a tuk -tuk....i was in a hurry....oeps!!!!!!! dangerous in Thailand........OK !!!! i was passing her aggresively....but what happend next stunned me as never before.

<SNIP>

I will have 2 of whatever hes had..

Having been around 1000's of ecstasy users that sounds like a very wierd profile and one I doubt highly..

Yaba or other speeds / meth then sure..

I agree with that 100% LivinLOS,

You would be extremely hard pressed to find someone being violent on ecstasy. I don't say it couldn't happen but it would be extremely unusual. As LivininLOS has said meth etc would certainly be more likely or a combination but on it's own would be hard to imagine.

Cheers

Jimmy

Having been around 1000's of ecstasy users that sounds like a very wierd profile and one I doubt highly..

Yaba or other speeds / meth then sure..

I agree with that 100% LivinLOS,

You would be extremely hard pressed to find someone being violent on ecstasy. I don't say it couldn't happen but it would be extremely unusual. As LivininLOS has said meth etc would certainly be more likely or a combination but on it's own would be hard to imagine.

Cheers

Jimmy

Despite a panel of experts concluding a two year study into drugs in the UK this week , which showed that ecstasy is LESS damaging than either alcohol or tobacco , the British Government (no doubt because they are not getting any money out of it) still maintain its class A classification and naturally , because they are getting money from it , decline to do anything about drinking or smoking. They also refused to re-classify "E". Can't see why it can't be sold in Boots along with the paracetamol. Both kill you if you take too many ... oh i forgot , the answer is because one is legal.