American and Thai wife on the run after police officer ‘shot and stabbed’ in Pattaya

webfact

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Ouch!

I would not want to be them when they are caught.

Being arrested and jailed in Thailand is already something that I would not wish on my worst enemies, but these ones, should they live, are likely to have it even worse than most.

In their shoes, I wouldn't allow myself to be captured...

They were caught. 

Once already. And escaped...

Speaking to someone who has shared the monkey house in Pattaya and also the court, anything is possible for the right price. 

Crack pipes were being smoked in the monkey house and sex was happening with a consenting female one night.

Food and smokes can be ordered and delivered. 

The court has payable access and prisoners get to use ac offices and make phone calls. 

His three days (picked up Friday night in pattaya and had to front the court Monday morning) certainly opened his eyes.

His passport was not even taken. 

Just paid one of the teams in Pattaya Central and 50k later he was out, suspended sentence. 

So, if you are high enough up the money chain, anything is possible. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well didn't they get the guys who did the killing in the Porche Cayenne out by the lake a few years back, and they did a dash to the Cambodian border. These 3 are probably stuck in the road works on Hwy 36.  

No, I don't believe the suspects, a South African & a Brit, were ever caught. 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I also find it totally repulsive as it means they can commit whatever crime they want (in other countries) and get away with it once they are home.

Some countries will prosecute their own nationals for certain crimes committed in other countries, they don't always get away with anything.

Edited by Just Weird

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

oh great, now a dozen checkpoints I have to pass thought to get to Koh Chang.

Pattaya becoming like Vegas.

Easy. Pick out a 4' 6" Thai lady as your latest teerak, and they'll just wave you through.

24 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Sir when ever a police officer gets almost killed by a criminal ANY WHERE in the world the police will spend unlimited man hours and unlimited money and unlimited time tracking down the criminal....Unless he has red bull kind of connections he will be caught and probably sooner than later... 

They will and can spend unlimited hours, but the reason why ports are often used for mass smuggling is because you can smuggle in bulk, and the dirty little secret is that given resources -- they have to use algorithms to select a small subset of containers for inspection.  It is just impossible given the volume to inspect all containers.  For smaller items you can have a fishing or small charter boat meet beyond the limit and transfer to larger boats who have been infiltrated by organized criminal organizations.  Personally, I doubt the individual (even with the organized escape) likely has the connections to escape SE Asia easily, and if he cannot escape that region he will likely be picked up in a matter of weeks at most.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ttrd said:

* Maybe an idea to focus on catching them first as the answers are out there somewhere

Maybe an idea to focus on why you think they would not be doing that and why they would need your suggestion.

Edited by Just Weird

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Ouch!

I would not want to be them when they are caught.

Being arrested and jailed in Thailand is already something that I would not wish on my worst enemies, but these ones, should they live, are likely to have it even worse than most.

In their shoes, I wouldn't allow myself to be captured...

Not true at all. At all. It all depends on their net worth. Their predicament can made to "disappear" with approx. 3 million baht. If they have those sort of funds, they will be released asap. Crystal meth dealers can make that sort of money per day so it's not a far stretch to think that they might be able to pay the "fee" for freedom.

Edited by Duck J Butters

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Mr Noi was indicted on charges of possessing 229,800 methamphetamine pills and 100 ecstasy tablets. Mr Helmus and Ms Sirinapa faced trial for possessing a kilo of crystal meth.

When you finally get serious about that diet you've been planning. 

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

a young man of 39 in thailand should be with a better looking and younger girlfriend, is all i see.:crazy:

recreational drug use is a victimless crime, same with prostitution (also illegal in LOS)

3394834.jpg

Should have gone to Specsavers!

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

The story in the Bangkok Post shows a picture of the American who will obviously stand out in a Thai crowd but none of the Thai accomplices who did the actual shooting.  Thus the blame game continues; Thai Good; Farang Bad.

I read the Bangkok post and it had photos of all three. Nothing in that article suggested thais good farang bad. Think about why you are jaded against thais and Thailand. I hope you can leave this place and be happy somewhere before it is too late. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LetsCleanUpTHAILAND said:

This doesn't make any sense... it's perfectly okay for a Nonthaburi business owner to drink, drive and commit vehicular manslaughter to a Royal Police Commander and his Wife, but it's not okay for non-rich people to kill a low ranking police officer? Twisted system of Justice.

You're right, your comment doesn't make any sense.

"...it's perfectly okay for a Nonthaburi business owner to drink, drive and commit vehicular manslaughter..." 

Who said that's "ok"?

"...but it's not okay for non-rich people to kill a low ranking police officer?"

Who has been killed in this case?

59 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Speaking to someone who has shared the monkey house in Pattaya and also the court, anything is possible for the right price. 

Crack pipes were being smoked in the monkey house and sex was happening with a consenting female one night.

Hearsay's a wonderful thing.

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Food and smokes can be ordered and delivered. 

That's an official facility in every Thai prison.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Get a passage to Europe and he would be extradited back to Thailand so it would have to be a passage to America, how would he find that ship even if he got into a port and tried to smuggle himself on bord. 

With the given charges, he will either be extradited under the condition not to apply the death penalty or if he makes it back into the US, he will be trialed there but not extradited. 
He can be smuggled on bord of a boat or a ship, get a private flight and all of that can be organized if he has the right connections and funding. He would then have to keep a low profile in a new country. Usually, people who can achieve the first few steps fail to meet the last condition. It is looking good.

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

The next time you have a complaint about Thai Immigration focus your attention on all the foreign criminals wandering freely around Thailand. Many are easy to spot a mile away.

I'm sorry, what does a criminal look like, how do you spot them so easily?

IMO, assumption is a big problem with many. Never ever judge a book by it's cover is my mantra when it comes to things like this.

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Most police officers I know actually take 'To protect and to serve' seriously.  If they have notice there is a dangerous criminal on the run in the area they actually will be on the lookout for that individual.  It is actually quite satisfying getting someone who is a danger to society off the streets before they actually cause more casualties.

I guess you are not referring to Thai police officers

10 minutes ago, lensta said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Nonsense.

I think you will find that some countries will not extradite their citizens if there

is the possibility of the death penalty

I'm aware of that.  I think you will find that the comment I responded to was, "No country extradites its own nationals".

7 hours ago, robblok said:

If i were Thailand or any other country I would never ever let people from that list get bail in my country. I also find it totally repulsive as it means they can commit whatever crime they want (in other countries) and get away with it once they are home.

Repulsive countries each one of them, I can understand you don't hand over your own easily but if the case is strong and there is evidence why not. 

"Repulsive countries each one of them, I can understand you don't hand over your own easily but if the case is strong and there is evidence why not." 

Most of the time they are arrested and are subject to prosecution and sentenced in those respective countries, in no way they get away with it once they are home, it would be too easy! 

7 hours ago, mogandave said:

recreational drug use is a victimless crime,

seems you never lost a close friend to what you are calling recreational drugs, or do not know someone who got stabbed while users of "recreational" drugs went berserk.

Read up if you don't know,
or wake up if you believe yourself what you are writing.

Crystal meth is the common name for crystal methamphetamine, a strong and highly addictive drug that affects the central nervous system. There is no legal use for it.
if you should choose to not believe me, the above opinion is from WebMD : 
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/crystal-meth-what-you-should_know#1 

• Haha 1

I'm afraid that all the police around the world are looking with a lot more attention at the offenders having committed a violent act on a policeman, in this case wounding with a knife and shooting a policeman will not leave any police indifferent anywhere, so they will have to worry about avoiding the net.

• Haha 1

I'm by no means a criminal but I read a lot of thrillers. :)

How hard would it be for him? Assume he has access to 10k USD. Possibly more but I wonder if he could do it for 10?

--Ditch the car

--Disguise (wig, hat, fake a limp to distract, possibly crutches?)

--Bus to Laos border

--Swim/boat across Mekong

--Spend a few months in Vientiane low profile, or to Luang with lots of tourists to blend in with

--Buy a fake passport: not American, maybe Canadian? 5k USD max?

--Fly out with Canadian passport to Hawaii or Guam?