Trump is sued for defamation by woman who claims he raped her in 1990s

webfact

3 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I now realize almost 25 years later that I was traumatized from that experience so I think I will sue

Not sure that by suing you will get something. 

But at least you know, finally after 25 years, what the cause  of your trauma is. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

"I'll say it with great respect: Number one, she's not my type. Number two, it never happened.

What kind of logic is that?
If she had been his type, would he have raped her then?
Instead of basically speaking out against rape in general, does Trump make it dependent on the victim's appearance?
And that from the mouth of the President of the United States?
Unbelievable that he receives applause from so many people in the USA.

Unbelievable that he receives applause from so many people in the USA.

Perhaps because so many are so sick and tired of MeToo and all the similar anti male hoo ha going on.

Perhaps they have had enough and aren't going to take it anymore.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

tired of MeToo

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they have had enough and aren't going to take it anymore.

An opposite effect of what MeToo expected. 

A deeper wound for the real victims, an hindrance to report the evil deed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Accusing him of rape now? Regarding something that happened in the 1990s?

Why didn´t she report it then? Did it take over 23 years for the woman to understand what had happened to her?

what is worse is, many men have been convicted based solely on "repressed memory" testimony, pure one on one testimony after 30 years or more.  The plaintiff and associated attorneys plead their case to the jurors and things happen. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

what is worse is, many men have been convicted based solely on "repressed memory" testimony, pure one on one testimony after 30 years or more.  The plaintiff and associated attorneys plead their case to the jurors and things happen. 

I once had a dispute with a female manager that claimed to my face that "all men are rapists" ( no doubt which way she'd vote on a jury ).

No wonder men have had enough of the nonsense.

However, more and more women are becoming lawyers and politicians and some of them are clearly biased to the female side, instead of being impartial. I hold no hope that things will get better.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thaitot said:

I would say this is plan b but we are way beyond that one.

Get ready for Bloomberg or Michelle to throw their hat in.

I had to think about what you meant. I doubt either would sway Middle America, though I'd hazard a guess that the Dem's leadership are doing their best to persuade Michelle to join the cause. Hopefully she will refuse, knowing the destruction it will bring on her family.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Accusing him of rape now? Regarding something that happened in the 1990s?

Why didn´t she report it then? Did it take over 23 years for the woman to understand what had happened to her?

She is not taking him to court for the rape. Its for defamation.

• Like 2

Donald claims he is the greatest President and one of the worlds greatest leaders.He models himself on dictators from over the centuries.With some luck he may model himself on Julius Caesar and the Senate will take the necessary action to sort out another despot.(ET AH TO Maconnell)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sujo said:

She is not taking him to court for the rape. Its for defamation.

Sure, and what has any kind of existing or non-existing rape over 23 years ago have to do with that? Is she just using that to strengthen her case? I belive it strengthen her stupidity more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Those remarks were made 16 years ago .

Maybe we should discuss the OP topic ?

This does directly relate to the OP topic.

Your highly argumentative stance today is duly noted.

16 years ago!!! Gee, I could have swore that it was much more recent that the Access Hollywood tape was exposed.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

If she hasn't got a judgement against Trump for rape, isn't she defaming him?

Since MeToo everything is changed. Now a woman can accuse a man of raping her ( in three minutes ) decades ago, and when he defends himself by calling her a liar she can sue him for defamation.

What is wrong with this picture? No need to reply to that.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Is that what you believe ?

The POTUS should resign if anyone makes an accusation against them .

I said STAND ASIDE, not resign, until investigations clear him or find there is a case to answer. I was specifically referring to accusations of sexual nature in this particular case, but possibly the same for large scale electoral fraud.

Big difference between standing aside and resigning. Please read and comprehend accurately what was written.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, claynlr said:

Agree! Any of you guys scared some chick says you grabbed her boob or anything else 23 years ago??? Didn’t think so. Because you’re a nobody that the world could care less if you did or didn’t.

When you are somebody and you get accused on a daily basis, report back in. Jeeeez

...oooooor...no "chick" will say that about me, because I never did it, without consent!

I know, you might find that hard to believe, but....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do hope that you visit Pattaya bars and tell all the guys to keep their hands too themselves , also go to discos and clubs , make sure theres no touching going on, cant be having that kind of behvaviour in this world, disgusting .

So...you don't see a difference between what is going on in a Pattaya Bar and Mr. Trump, walking into the dressing room of a Miss America (or even "better": Miss Teen America...) contest and grabbing one of the girls/ ladies!?

The mind boggles!

And "pussy" is the word for "bottom"!?

Yeah...right!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

In 1995 I was in Palm Beach Florida on the water with my Dad in his little 15 footer.  The Trump Princes big yacht motored on by and the wake rocked our boat.  I now realize almost 25 years later that I was traumatized from that experience so I think I will sue.

Hahahahaha...you just made a rape- joke!

That is so...disgusting!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Since MeToo everything is changed. Now a woman can accuse a man of raping her ( in three minutes ) decades ago, and when he defends himself by calling her a liar she can sue him for defamation.

What is wrong with this picture? No need to reply to that.

Yeah, because that is how "courts" work!

14 hours ago, neeray said:
On 11/5/2019 at 4:17 PM, atyclb said:

her and her lawyer can get tons of publicity on cnn if not appearances also. not sure if cnn pays guests.  stormy daniels lawyer did not do so well once arrested for alleged extortion against nike.

I follow news pretty closely but I thought it was lawyer Michael Avanatti who was involved in the alleged extortion against Nike, not Stormy herself.

I leave room here to be corrected.

yes, separate unrelated to stormy

11 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Hahahahaha...you just made a rape- joke!

That is so...disgusting!

yeah well.  no rape was alleged.  an attack was alleged.  The article title said Rape, but her words in the post really don't explicitly say rape but say attacks between autumn and spring.