visa problem

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Most expats here are to frightened to use an agent as they think it is illegal. I still say the problems for a lot of retirees started around 2006. There is no point in carrying on with this debate as we are not going to agree.

I wouldn't be afraid to use an agent for ease of application (if I felt it onerous) but if you're talking about a conspiracy to falsify financials, I agree it won't go well if they ever decide to seriously investigate ie looking at banking history etc. Yes our opinions differ but that doesn't mean I don't wish you the best, hopefully going forward you're able to live here with reduced worry. I'm curious though, why 2006? 

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

I wouldn't be afraid to use an agent for ease of application (if I felt it onerous) but if you're talking about a conspiracy to falsify financials, I agree it won't go well if they ever decide to seriously investigate ie looking at banking history etc. Yes our opinions differ but that doesn't mean I don't wish you the best, hopefully going forward you're able to live here with reduced worry. I'm curious though, why 2006? 

"I'm curious though, why 2006?"  I said around 2006, how long did you say you have lived in Thailand?

The first mistake that the OP made was to complain when he was taken out of the line and put to one side with 20 others. So the question that the IO's would be asking themselves is "what is he complaining about and why?" and that got him off side with the IO's, so I believe that because of that the IO's decided to go by the book and to check everything and because the OP has already gotten himself worked up he did not listen to the questions properly and he misinterpreted what was said to him which made him more aggressive towards the IO's and complain even more. This type of thing does no only happen in Thailand, it happens in every country in the world.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"I'm curious though, why 2006?"  I said around 2006, how long did you say you have lived in Thailand?

late 2002 for starters, been back and forth abroad on contracts but mostly here. If you're talking about the coup, sorry, another point we'll have to disagree on. Thanks for responding and take care. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Most expats here are to frightened to use an agent as they think it is illegal. I still say the problems for a lot of retirees started around 2006. There is no point in carrying on with this debate as we are not going to agree.

What problems started around 2006?? 

On 11/5/2019 at 12:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

I think they were asking to see the 20k baht that is required for entry to the country. I am sure they were not asking for a bribe.

Many reports of the Sadao and Pedang Besar crossings wanting to see the 20k baht.

I agree " you have 20,000 ?" can get lost in translation

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

late 2002 for starters, been back and forth abroad on contracts but mostly here. If you're talking about the coup, sorry, another point we'll have to disagree on. Thanks for responding and take care. 

I would say that the changes this year outweigh everything put together for a long long time. No coups have never really changed anything in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The first mistake that the OP made was to complain when he was taken out of the line and put to one side with 20 others. So the question that the IO's would be asking themselves is "what is he complaining about and why?" and that got him off side with the IO's, so I believe that because of that the IO's decided to go by the book and to check everything and because the OP has already gotten himself worked up he did not listen to the questions properly and he misinterpreted what was said to him which made him more aggressive towards the IO's and complain even more. This type of thing does no only happen in Thailand, it happens in every country in the world.

He is 80 years old you spineless apologist. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Yes- I see the same thing- mostly people in ther 20s and 30s who have no patience; know nothing about Thailand; speak no Thai; speak broken English and are generally  arrogant.  

Most 20 to 30 year olds are not sex tourists. They have no need to learn to Thai to find a wife. 

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Train from Butterworth to Hat Yai.

The is no direct train anymore. You have to get off the train on the Malaysian side of the border and cross the border to get on a train to Hat Yai now. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The is no direct train anymore. You have to get off the train on the Malaysian side of the border and cross the border to get on a train to Hat Yai now. 

Wow. Ok thanks for that. I used to do that trip for decades.

Still I'd recommend this to the old guy if healthy and spry enough to do it. Gives him a fresh start.

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

imo the decisions of those embassies closed a lot of doors for many people..

Yes,and in my opinion the explanation why they stopped issuing income letters was just bs. 

But it's still possible to get the required documents from Thai banks. But some banks seem less helpful. 

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, for one person and wxwmpt entry the rules say 10k, but I always carry 20k with me all the time, and I live on Non-O. ???? 

thanks..20 K ALL the time or just for the visa hassles runs, etc.....not to mention I have started flying here with a knot of cash in pocket to avoid the crazy FTFees from ATMS...so I just dump it in my thai bank acct

Any words if mae sai-burma still takes the crispy $10 usd anymore or just throw 500 bt at em and bolt

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

thanks..20 K ALL the time or just for the visa hassles runs, etc.....not to mention I have started flying here with a knot of cash in pocket to avoid the crazy FTFees from ATMS...so I just dump it in my thai bank acct

Any words if mae sai-burma still takes the crispy $10 usd anymore or just throw 500 bt at em and bolt

Not all the time, only when you cross the border into Thailand. ???? 

• Thanks 1