Lazada at its finest

garrya

Lots of buyers are complaining about Lazada calling it a “terrible” company. But how about being a seller and dealing with Lazada on a daily basis? Now that’s what I call a dreadful or terrible service.

A bit of a background: My missus has a business and she has also registered on Lazada to open more doors to sell. I actively help her with uploading products, checking metrics et cetera.

The number of problems we have encountered is countless, and even though these issues were duly reported, Lazada does nothing but simply closes our cases as “solved”.

Let's see:

1. There have been issues with uploading large-sized items since the beginning. Issues were with modifying and updating details, photos, prices et cetera. Various error messages appear. After 15 attempts to report these issues, nothing has been resolved. Whenever we contact them they ask for more details, snapshots, which we always send, and the story goes on and on. Every week they reopen a case, then a week later it appears “solved” and “closed”. However, the truth is that these issues have not been solved for months. Just today, an agent was assigned to our case, and 2 hours later, the case was marked as "solved".

2. There have been issues with the pick-up service. They simply don't turn up. We have to contact Lazada, and then Lazada needs days to find out why nobody had come to pick up the item. Then they send the Lazada delivery service to the wrong place….

3. Campaign issues. Time after time Lazada offers campaigns and they invite sellers to take part. So the one has to submit “eligible” items and wait for the campaign to kick in. Then you check the progress of registration and notice a message that some of the items were rejected due to not being eligible.  Of course this happens without explanation given. That’s fine we reckon. Then when we check what was rejected, we find a massive surprise. So the one sells an item in various sizes. Same “brand”, model, material etc. But the item is sold in three different sizes, let’s say sizes “S”, “M”, “L”. For some funny reason, they decide to approve the size “S”, but reject the other sizes as they are not eligible. When you ask them why, there is no answer. No reply has ever come back after cases like this. When you call them, they need a snapshot, and again, no one comes back to you to say what happened and your case gets marked as "solved".

4. Whenever Lazada decides to approve, reject, close, suspend items or cases, they NEVER contact the seller. They never explain why, nor do they ever reply in cases like these. You can only see under the "my cases" section whether the case has been assigned, in progress or solved. But never an explanation what is happening.

After more than 20 logged and unsolved complaints regarding the same issues, we wanted them to forward our enquiry to a senior or superior member of staff, such as a team leader, manager or whatever, and the answer came as “no surprise”: they haven’t got a procedure that allows the enquiry or complaint to go higher up becasue that procedure doesn’t exist. If you happen to decide to make a complaint about the actual staff member you are talking to or chatting with, you have to get the same person to log this complaint, but they don’t know where it is gonna end. In case of asking them where the head office is, or how to contact the head office, the answer is simply, they don’t know. Upon asking which country Lazada originates from, the answer is Thailand. LOL. Incompetent, ignorant and useless are three perfect words to describe the attitude and behaviour of Lazada staff.

As a buyer I have only had minor issues with the delivery companies, particularly Kerry, but apart from that, the service is usually satisfactory. But being a seller on Lazada is the worst thing you can ever imagine in life. 

20 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I am only offering an opinion, its probably because they are HUGE there are thousands of sellers and the one with a problem is of no real consequence. They have people who can nly follow a flow chart of responses and actions, anything outside of that and it falls apart, and frankly, based on my experience, they couldnt careless as you are too insignificant. But that of course is just my observation and opinion.

Unless you throw big money at jumping the huge list of sellers its a waste of time, far too many at it, and the support etc is abysmal. Why they allow people to list the same item in some cases 50 times by the same seller is beyond my reasoning.

It's just the usual behaviour of the local employees, such as being "scared of" the boss or the ostrich policy. Keep silent, and the problem disappear. Or the usual incompetence.

Not saying the lack of real customer service. 

A few days ago, I asked a member of Lazada staff if they ever sent the issue to the IT department as it is clearly a glitch in the system, she thought they hadn't yet. So we begged her to forward it to them and she promised to do it.

They are simply unintelligent and incompetent. If you ever had to deal with young employees, probably you know what I am talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well I just had a miserable experience with Lazada

They will no longer accept payment via your on file ATM card.  They now insist that in order to pay you MUST download and use the Lazada app in order to pay for you purchases.  Had I known this in advance I would have opted for COD, Pay upon delivery, but once you commit to paying online you are locked into it.  They no longer list an email contact and you must use "chat".  Unfortunately "chat" is useless since the chat representatives can do nothing about you order.  I only obtained an email address when I got cut off from chat

In addition to all the times something was supposed to be delivered but then cancelled on the day of delivery, and now having to use an app,  there is no real reason for me to continue to use Lazada.  Amazon may be more expensive, but at least once they accept your order you are pretty much guaranteed you will get your items, not so for Lazada 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

I have just placed an order. Payment with my Kasikorn debit card, as always.
Maybe the problem comes from you?

Placed quite a few orders recently, with the last a couple of days ago. Absolutely no problem paying with my Bangkok Bank ATM/Debit card. I do not use the app. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victornoir said:
2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Well I just had a miserable experience with Lazada

They will no longer accept payment via your on file ATM card.  They now insist that in order to pay you MUST download and use the Lazada app in order to pay for you purchases.  Had I known this in advance I would have opted for COD, Pay upon delivery, but once you commit to paying online you are locked into it.  They no longer list an email contact and you must use "chat".  Unfortunately "chat" is useless since the chat representatives can do nothing about you order.  I only obtained an email address when I got cut off from chat

In addition to all the times something was supposed to be delivered but then cancelled on the day of delivery, and now having to use an app,  there is no real reason for me to continue to use Lazada.  Amazon may be more expensive, but at least once they accept your order you are pretty much guaranteed you will get your items, not so for Lazada 

I have just placed an order. Payment with my Kasikorn debit card, as always.
Maybe the problem comes from you?

I'm just asking, with no dog in the fight...  

Did you guys order using a computer and web browser, or using a smartphone and the Lazada app?

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

Did you guys order using a computer and web browser, or using a smartphone and the Lazada app?

Laptop and web browser.

3 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Amazon may be more expensive, but at least once they accept your order you are pretty much guaranteed you will get your items, not so for Lazada 

I've had more problems with Amazon orders being delivered than Lazada, though I don't really think that has anything to do with either company, as they contract out the delivery service; Kerry, etc.

OP: Serious bummer! Is it worth the trouble?

11 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

They will no longer accept payment via your on file ATM card.  They now insist that in order to pay you MUST download and use the Lazada app in order to pay for you purchases. 

That's not correct, I've just ordered and paid for something with my on-file debit card five minutes ago using a laptop.  No mention of their own app at all or refusal to accept my card.

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

6 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

They no longer list an email contact and you must use "chat".  Unfortunately "chat" is useless since the chat representatives can do nothing about you order.  I only obtained an email address when I got cut off from chat

02 018 0000 is the contact number.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:
3 hours ago, impulse said:

Laptop and web browser.

Just bought a new frying pan using my phone on their website also.  Card accepted with no issues.

• Like 1

My wife has many issues with them, frequently. They also always benefit the consumer during disputes, even she was 100% right. 
Many problems are not being resolved or take weeks. Sometimes have orders stuck that are delivered 1-2 weeks already, causing cashflow to be stuck too.

Also quite annoying to not being allowed doing cross border selling, while Chinese can do so. Not a surprise as its owned by Alibaba too.

From my consumer perspective, I like it but a bit <deleted> of not being allowed to have the wallet and discounts anymore.
Makes me to let my wife purchase in her account or throwing free money away.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"I actively help her with uploading products, checking metrics et cetera."

You are not allowed to do that without a work permit anyhow. 

You are right.

I am deeply deeply sorry. Been to the temple already to drop off some leftover food. Should be ok.