Is Jomtien being relaxed re number of months importing funds ?

I will soon be extending my visa based on retirement at Jomtien.

I will have 10 or 11 consecutive monthly imports of sufficient funds (all correctly marked as from overseas).

(10 if I renew this month .. 11 if I leave it till last 2 days of my visa needing renewing next month ...
... Id liked to get it sorted soonest as I worry like an old woman ???????????????????????? ... and I also I want plenty of time to allow to sort a plan B or get any forgotten paperwork.

The dust did not settle on the new rules till about March ... post embassy letter withdrawal and previously I did not move funds in monthly).

I know they were ordered to be lenient the first year regarding numbers of monthly transfers. 

But are ALL IO's being lenient ?? ... as they are supposed to be.  

I guess Im asking has anyone got personal experience of renewing with only 10 or less monthly fund imports at Jomtien ? 

Perhaps I could just go and try but Im dithering wether its easier to use 800k in bank method if there is any kickbacks of those with less than 12. 

I don't know about the Retirement extension but for the Marriage one this year I was refused with 11 months the big boss would not listen to my wife about the police order on the first year being lenient he just dismissed her.  I do hope that the Retirement desk is more knowledgeable on the police order to be lenient but he was in the office at the time we were refused so I would not get your hopes up.

Regards

Scotsman        

Many many thanks "scotsman" for taking the trouble to reply.

A bit worrying !! 

I once did have a copy of the original order (to be lenient) .. but I guess even if I find it .. showing them it wont do much good. They wont wanna lose face.

There must be lots of applications with less than 12 months this year and early next.

I got a less preferred plan B, thankfully ... but Id rather not tie money up I cant spend, if avoidable and it would be nice to know the <deleted> exact rules.

☻☻ ????????????

Ooops not posted in Pattaya / correct thread. Durrrrrr. Sorry Im new only been on here 7 years. 

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Like 1

You should be fine . I went last week. I had 10 monthly transfers - accepted no problem.

Copy of passport main page.

Copy TM6 

Copy of original visa.

Copy of last extension.

Bank letter stating the 10 transfers. Did a week before.

Bank letter - the usual one stating Mr Blogs has account no -----

and his balance is 10 Baht. Did the day before. Update the book.

Copy driving license to show address.

Copy of bank book showing transfers { don't forget the 1st page with name.{

Let us know how you get on.

Hopefully a passing mod will move this to the relevant forum.

32 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

Don't wait for another inward transfer. Do it now. In the unlikely event that you are refused you will have time for certain alternatives. 

Many thanks for the advice. Your right.

My cunning plan should be not to wait for 11th import. I will to go to my bank today .. now, even.

(Jeeez Im so decisive .. ????????  I think).

As soon as I get their 2 letters I will go to see them nice people at Jomtien immigration. 

Everyone is different and that includes the people at the Immigration!

Personally, I would go 30 days before your due date, at Window 8, there are two ladies one has braces the one who takes your picture when you pick everything up.  Whenever I have questions uncertain about anything I go down and ask first hand usually around 12:45 pm just before lunch is finished and no one seems to be bothering her. When she is free I get out the chair and ask my questions can I apply now without the full 12 months. Before I ask I you should have everything available if she says yes you can. Go to the desk get your number and wait if not you got a month to sort it out?

Thanks Thailand49 and others.

For your info of any other chronic old women worriers like me ???????????? ...

Ive seen examples, I think on this forum, of the required bank letter itemising each months incoming from abroad sums. Nothing else .. just incoming transactions. I thought I read you go back for the letter a few days later as head office does it.

Simple ...

My bank (Kbank, The Avenue, Pattaya) has just given me a print out of all my last 12 months transactions. ATM withdrawals, inter account moves, cash out/in. Pages and pages and errr yet more pages. Its just a copy of my book really on headed paper.

I cant see the IO going through it ... to check an import each and every month, of the right amount. 

She said they will  ... very sternly ???? .. she has provided in this format many times.  Being a wimp I did not arque much.

Durrrrrrrrrr ... 

Im planning on highlighting the 10 monthly imports .. (average baht 120k) in shocking pink and go see if she is right ... when I get the other bits and pieces sorted.

I met a friend on the way from the bank and he took the p. at my jumping these hoops. He pays an agent 12k. Sorted.  But they are only small hoops .... hopefully. ????.

Edited by PAWNEESE

Just now, pontious said:

I think they will require the letter. The example letter is on TV somewhere.. That is what they show you when you ask them for there requirements. I would show it to the bank. Good luck anyway.

I have only seen this example of one from Bangkok Bank. Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits(2).pdf

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have only seen this example of one from Bangkok Bank. Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits(2).pdf

Many many thanks. I did describe to the Kbank young lady today, that example letter format you repeated.

She was adamant she knew what is needed, done it many times .. I was talking rubbish and gave me 4 pages of all my account ins and outs !

For info .. I did also explain they wanted the letter to confirm it was from overseas. She briefly said they could not do that.

I whinged a bit ????. Then she said they will look at the transaction codes.  She done it like this many times.

Im thinking .. she is implying they will be happy to wade through 4 pages .. and will also study / know the transaction codes of all banks. (Maybe they are universal to all banks. Dunno).

Ive highlighted the 10 imports sums and codes and am gonna ask if its acceptable before I pay the 1,900 fee ????

I think im ready to go (but not a squillion percent confident). 

Well I can't understand why the big boss of immigration in Sep of this year along with the Lady of the Marriage extension desk would not pass on our application to bangkok when we had 11 transfers.  He and the boss of the retirement desk 8 was in the office at the time when the big boss did not give any leniency to us and dismissed my wife telling him about the police order.  He just told us to get a new visa outside Thailand and start again or put 400k in a thai bank for 2 months so if the big boss can do this to us how is there some people saying they will get a extension on Retirement or Marriage with less than 12 ?  I know that my friend who lives in Udon Thani got his marriage extension with only 9 transfers.  I do hope that you are one of the few who will get your extension for Retirement when you go but from our experience it is unlikely.

Regards 

Scotsman                 

Edited by scotsman

Och Aye Dunoooo ( or something ) Scotsman.

I think Id be in full panic mode if I had left it till last minute ... to squeeze another monthly import, to total 11. (My first plan).

Now I got a month and 800k seasoned so no dramas. There are pros and cons each method.  But Im gonna try for the monthly 65k income fm overseas method.

Maybe you were unlucky and went before they got their policy sorted. Maybe it was you who educated them about the leniency supposed to apply year 1.

Maybe if im kicked back at Jomtien tomorrow ..re the bank letter ...  I will want you go sort Kbank, The Avenue, Pattaya ????

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Like 1

This may be of interest to some Kasikorn Bank customers in Pattaya.

The document that my bank supplied to me,  for extending my 'visa' using the income method, was accepted by Jomtien. I was pleasantly surprised.

It was just a long print out of ALL my account transactions for the year. 3 and a bit pages. The bank had told me they cannot just list transactions from abroad.

I highlighted the relevent transactions  (10 in all) and their overseas transaction codes. They accepted the format with hardly a glance.  No drama at all.

I think it look very pretty. I might go for a different highlighter pen colour next year though.

I also needed to show documents showing the source of the income in the UK.