Express Mail US-Thai Tracking

Searched the forum for the latest info to no avail on subject.  

I downloaded the app for Thai Post on my phone to track an express mail from the United States Postal Service to Thailand.  I read on TV to look at ThaiPost for tracking after entering Thailand which was correct.  First thing I noticed about the TP app it was not updating after you entered your tracking number the first time then refreshing for status.   After deleting the entry to TP app and entering again it updated.  The TP app is all over the place with status, says 'unsuccessful delivery" for said date and we were here all day in a small village with one road in and out. USPS Tracking is about 8+ hours behind on tracking status with little details. We are a bit off the beaten path but my snail mail form the US gets here eventually and 100% sure the address is correct. 

First question is what is the most reliable way to get an express mail (letter size) without regard to expense to a small changwat from the US to to Thailand? Second question is how reliable is Thai Track & Trace status for most folks not living in major cities e.g. Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai etc?  

Actually DHL is not a good option in some rural areas. In the cities they are fine but they do not service where I live, for example. They end up palming it off on other carriers to deliver whose knowledge of the local area is zilch and ability to follow directions or use GPS pretty near zilch as well.

I have had the best luck with simple USPS EMS.

• Like 2
On 11/7/2019 at 12:50 AM, Saraburi121 said:

says 'unsuccessful delivery" for said date and we were here all day in a small village with one road in and out.

They use this as an excuse to cover a late delivery. It looks good on the official company computer and it makes the delivery agent look good. Where in reality ( it has happened to me on a few occasions ) Sheryl's post is exactly what happens. When the main agent palms it off , he officially declares it delivered or attempted delivery . then you have to wait 2 or 3 days for it to arrive.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

They end up palming it off on other carriers to deliver whose knowledge of the local area is zilch

Never seen a DHL courier in the villages around.

Track&Trace with Thai Post (EMS to Europe) always worked fine.

I would also recommend using postal service as EMS or registered airmail.

We are lucky with the postman as he always finds our house.

Easy, about a handful of foreigners in his area :smile:

If tracking indicates that the letter is at the local post office one can always go there with his ID and ask.

I do remember the DHL delivery woman ringing my wife up on a Saturday morning , she said that she was very busy and she had a party to go to that night , and cos' we lived out in the sticks would it be okay if she delivered it on Monday. The wife said no problem as she felt sorry for her.

On the tracking system for Saturday , it stated , " customer telephoned and requested package to be delivered Monday as not available to take delivery Saturday " That was the last time we helped her out.