Former Labour MP urges voters to back Johnson instead

snoop1130

On 11/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Antisemitism is bad because no other religion/race in history has been mass exterminated as an industrial process and this within the lifetime of our parents , and in Europe - in theory a cradle of civilisation. 

What a pantload.

There have been ethnic cleansing of dozens of groups in modern history. Perhaps hundreds going back into recorded history.

Europe is hardly the cradle of civilization. China, Iran, Egypt and Greece of course. Rome was huge but to call it Europe I think a stretch. Europe wasn't really shaped until after Rome fell.

1936 was nearly 100 years ago. I for one have no need to remember any of it. Everyone forgets Mao and Saloth Sar. The Mau Maus...

On 11/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

They've broken up for the election. Your gunpowder who just get the low paid cleaners and security guards now !

Low paid cleaners and security guards , are agency fodder . 

Sad but true , workers rights are long gone, never to return ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 5:04 PM, Thingamabob said:

Sad to say anyone voting for today's Labour party under Corbyn must have lost their marbles.

That said , why is there no active oppostion to Corbyn,  from within the Labour party ?.

Edited by elliss

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

For those asking plenty of evidence has been on the TV over the last couple of years about the rise of anti semitism in the labour party. The Panorama expose is good if you can find the whole programe.

So many questions.

- is labour anti semitic?

- is Corbyn (who admires Marx and Trotsky), part of the jewish world conspiracy?

- is Boris even more egotistical than Trump?

Good thing that we have this forum to learn all the answers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:
  On 11/7/2019 at 3:31 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Antisemitism is bad because no other religion/race in history has been mass exterminated as an industrial process and this within the lifetime of our parents , and in Europe - in theory a cradle of civilisation. 

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

What a pantload.

There have been ethnic cleansing of dozens of groups in modern history. Perhaps hundreds going back into recorded history.

Europe is hardly the cradle of civilization. China, Iran, Egypt and Greece of course. Rome was huge but to call it Europe I think a stretch. Europe wasn't really shaped until after Rome fell.

1936 was nearly 100 years ago. I for one have no need to remember any of it. Everyone forgets Mao and Saloth Sar. The Mau Maus...

A little more nuance maybe?

Antisemitism is bad because .. racism is bad. full stop.

No other race (Personally I'm not interested in the religion sh#t)  in history has been mass exterminated as an industrial process................This particular aspect is probably true, however there have been many acts of genocide, the original instructions for genocide are to be found in the Judaic book of Numbers. However it is not the reason that Anti semitism is bad - see above.

I for one have no need to remember any of it. Everyone forgets Mao........etc. ..............no we must always remember acts of genocide, the Turks, Rwanda, Spain in Mexico (15 million died) etc. How will we learn if we conveniently forget unpleasant aspects of world history.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, kingdong said:

So?Perhaps lib dems should honour its promise to abolish student debt and tuition fees if they got in,when they got in via coalition with the Tories they did sweet fa.

Wrong. In coalition with the Tories they voted to treble the fees charged, not to abolish them.