Working permit

Took me forever to get mine, tons of paperwork, doctor visit etc...I quit after 5 months but kept the Permit as a trophy as many said I would never be able to get one up north where I worked, same as my efforts getting a volunteer visa......it kind of says you need to have a special skills that a thai wouldnt have to apply....

But I'm sure it could have been the company I worked for..results may vary, but horrible in my exp with it

What are your skills?

Age?

Qualifications?

Native language?

Nationality?

Before you can get a Work Permit you have to get a job and for many this is going to be the hard part, a fair number of occupations are prohibited to non-Thais.

If you go to work for good businesses they should handle all the WP issues for you through there Attorneys. I needed 2 WP in my 15 years of working in the Pattaya entertainment business. The companys dealt with the whole matter and in both cases within 2 weeks had the WP no issues.

First of all, do you have an education or skills that would make an employer pay you four times more than they would pay for a Thai. 

All jobs open for foreigners (teachers exempt) requires a salary of minimum 50.000 baht for a Canadian. 

Said that, please feel free to search for a position in your field.

Here's a good site for starting. 

https://www.jobsdb.com/

Work permits are tied to an employment, so the HR department of the company hiring you will take care of that. 

There is no general work permit you can apply for before you get employment. 

• Like 1