Keep the calls coming - Swiss "Alien" arrested on 1,539 day overstay

webfact

1 hour ago, Dap said:

"Actually, I am so tired of them," 

I gotta' ask, do you actually know any overstayers?

Hmmm... why would you have to ask? Having problem understanding? Try to comprehend what you read instead. I wrote "Actually, I am so tired of them, that I would report if I knew any." I would say that is a big hint for you as a reader, that I at present time do not know any.

However, why is that a problem? I am not allowed to be tired of overstayers that I read about almost on a daily basis? Is that something that you made forbidden for me?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

But what do I care whether a guy is on overstay or not? That's his problem.

To report him ... well, that would be a real low class act! How does that make you a better & happier person?

It doesn´t make me better and happier in my own eyes. However, If I would report the ones I find out about, It might make a difference on the way they are looking at us.

Now they only see the overstayers and the ones that is breaking the law, and that leads to a negative view of the foreigners. If they see and hear from the ones that dislike the negativity same much they do, maybe that would change the views many Thais have got today.

38 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Shall the general Thai population call the police everytime they see a foreigner?  How would anyone know another person has no legal right to be in the country?  Only my family know my legal status.  My neighbor doesn't,  Do your neighbors know  your visa status and why would they care as long as you are not doing anything illegal.

All Immigration has to do is check their entry databases and run/view it year by year to have a list of every overstayer.  Enforcement of Immigration law is NOT the job of the general public and in any civilized country would  be considered racicist to even suggest it.

No, they should not. Only the ones they know of or strongly suspect. Let´s say that a foreigner lives with girl friend or wife, and she do not know much about visa just because the foreigner does not talk about it or go on trips with or without her. She might have good connection to the neighbour, and the neigbour asks, talk to other people and somebody understand that things are not right. 

That´s just one example. There are millions of ways to finds out. It´s not racist. All that does not abuse the visa system or overstay have no problem. This regards breaking the law and not the color of your skin or religion as well as not the country you are coming from.

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

Note the disgustingly racist act of putting an 'alien' mask on the foreigner.

How low can the media Authorities stoop in their insults?!

And all this encouragement - incitement - to snitch on people. It's right out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Abhorrent.

Yes, the new Thai ministry created by Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang "Minipax" and using the new security system "telescreen" is certainly doing its job at rounding up over-stayers. ????????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I don't agree with that.

The law is the law, regardless?

So if someone is violating the law by parking his car incorrectly, breaking the law, the law is the law, as you say! You are going to report them?

That's not my job! It shouldn't be yours either.

If someone is overstaying and supporting himself with some jobs here and there, what do I care?

It's immigrations job, not mine, not yours!

If it's with criminal activities, being abusive etc. ... it's still not my job, not my personal problem .. but yes, then it really is a topic which can be debated and could require some action from our side.

Overall, it's not my job in Thailand to report other Farangs.

The difference is that it become my problem, your problem and all foreigners problem. That by harder rules, more stringent controls and amendments to existing rules that make the hoops all people constantly talks about in this forum. 

That is not what happens if someone park their cars incorrectly ,as long as they no park where you have rented. Or maybe you are going to accept that too.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I highly doubt that the root of negativity came from a few overstayers ... I doubt that the average person in a village cares about how the Farang got his visa, legal or illegal, as long as the money is there and he makes no problem, no Thai in the world would really care.

You know exactly yourself that through history, every person in Thailand is fully aware of the corrupt gov and knows how the system works and people always have to pay their way through to get something accomplished ... and definitely not always by law! 

Catching criminals who are hiding on overstay, yes sure ... 

Sue, that might be. Although, I chose to believe it´s a negative factor of many other combined.

2 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I really would love to know what exactly that Swiss guy did over the past 4 years to support himself.

It would give the discussion some direction.

That would be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BestB said:

For as long as our respective countries ignore it and do not apply same treatment to Thai nationals , mainly in Germany 

Sometimes I am also jealous on Thais in Germany, but then I think: Germany is one of the richest countries in the world, because the country allows foreigners to live there, work, share their knowledge and bring new experiences to the country - and Thailand is since decades a 2nd world country. 

Edited by CNXexpat
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

Note the disgustingly racist act of putting an 'alien' mask on the foreigner.

How low can the media Authorities stoop in their insults?!

And all this encouragement - incitement - to snitch on people. It's right out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Abhorrent.

If you have a work permit, you even have an ALIEN NUMBER. ????????????

• Like 1

The racism in Thailand really makes my blood boil and makes me so angry when other non thais flippantly defend or joke about it. This act by Thai media is sickening and so disrespectful OMG top gear had such a frenzied attack from thais when they said a rickety bridge had a slant on it. Imagine if they had went round thailand wearing Chinese hats and stupid masks dropping their "R" and replacing it with "L" the out cry but this refer to us as a white fleshed fruit "Falang" and now covering our face with a stupid cartoon alien head. OMFG! TANTRUM OVER. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1