Foreigner arrested after racially abusing locals in Chiang Mai

rooster59

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Shame they didn't just lock the idiot up straight away. There are enough locals who have a dim view of foreigners already, without people like this making it worse. One can only hope when he goes to court that they will decide he is one of the "bad guys" who isn't wanted and kick his sorry butt out.

Should have by-passed the court and gone straight to Swampy !

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, The Cobra said:

find it sad that so many are so quick to jump to conclusions and only judge by face value. You dont know "why" you are just focusing on "what" has happened.

Maybe not, but whe know his name is Daniel Park/Franckowiak, and that he was arrested for drug use in 2017 back in the US.  
https://bismarck.mugshot.press/arrest/312103/daniel-franckowiak

That tells me something, not what I would call a good guy.

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What an @rsehole ,this does not promote good relations

between Thai's and Farangs that are just trying to live here

peacefully and quietly together,spitting at people,should

have been put on the first plane back to America,and never

allowed back into Thailand.

regards Worgeordie

Well, when I was in Thailand, I found some Thai people to be very disrespectful and rude. So I let some "yellow monkeys" out of my mouth. Nobody touch me and I survived my way back home. But I was ready for war. Their outside gyms  are like open prison yard. I don't disrespect anybody and I don't see any reason to be disrespected for people that don't even know me. But then the open gyms are a mix of anything under the hot Thai sun: Koreans, Chinese, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Indians, Brazilians, Mexicans and so....

23 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

And you wonder why the Thai govt is cracking down in so many ways to force even good ex-pats into a position where they will have to leave the country. It's due to idiots like this.

Well, I can appreciate your point but perhaps in a different light, so to speak. In the past few days there does seem to have an increase in the number of foreigners being reported but I feel sure if one compared this with similar Thai to Thai incidents (murders and attacks by ex husbands etc.) it wouldn't rank very high. But the American's behaviour would certainly give rise to an excuse for more rules, requirements etc. targeting expats in general.

He was obviously released because he has issues up top and someone vouched for him, a letter from his physiatrist etc etc that he is no threat, still, I would keep him in a cell until the hearing and then ship him straight back to the USA for his own safety, e.g. I wouldn't have tolerated those insults, especially in front of my kids, delusional or not, he needs to be taken off of the streets for his won safety as I said.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, zyphodb said:

It's quite normal to see Thai teachers walking around in boy scout uniform all day on scouts day at schools everywhere in Thailand. It's Wednesday at my school.

I do agree that they look ridiculous though lol

It's quite normal to see scout leaders in the rest of the world doing exactly the same thing and looking just as ridiculous.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And in other news, two Thai men break into a 72 year old German foreigners house, rob and stab him, and the police aren't all that bothered.

"...and the police aren't all that bothered".

What do you base that conclusion on? 

He wasn't stabbed.

This lunatic is obviously mentally retarded.

From what I understand he hate thai people and especially homosexuals, women and children.

I bet he has escaped from a mental institution in the US and is off his meds.

Get him on the first flight back and lock him up for good.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, NCC1701A said:

there was a complete nut case on the ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin on Thursday.

He kept asking to meet the captain and was walking around smiling and waving at everyone.

Then in a big voice he said "F***ing Thais! They make me crazy."

OK. I was about to tell him to shut up but then two of the female staff showed up with red radios and channeling their best Thai boxer body language. He got quite.

I am sure he is on this forum.:shock1:

and who i the grow man who walks around Pattaya in the boy scout uniform complete with knee socks, shorts, scarf and hat?

"and who i the grow man who walks around Pattaya in the boy scout uniform complete with knee socks, shorts, scarf and hat?"...

Why do you concern yourself with the way someone dresses? Is he harming you in any way? Let him be. He's probably more happy with his life than you are with yours. Next you'll be chiding people as to how they speak or how they think or their sexual persuasion. It's best to leave people be if they aren't harming anyone else.

4 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

"and who i the grow man who walks around Pattaya in the boy scout uniform complete with knee socks, shorts, scarf and hat?"...

Why do you concern yourself with the way someone dresses? Is he harming you in any way? Let him be. He's probably more happy with his life than you are with yours. Next you'll be chiding people as to how they speak or how they think or their sexual persuasion. It's best to leave people be if they aren't harming anyone else.

How could you possibly know that? What a ridiculous thing to say. 

4 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

On 11/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, Yinn said:

Here translation from the woman shop he smash.

I found the video of the American on Youtube. I couldn't hear where he spoke he hates Thai people.

Please watch below.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:54 AM, HuskerDo said:

Must have been a complete nutcase if heading to Hua Hin. 

The first thing that struck me was that his speech pattern was like that of a North American indigenous person (yeah, I know that's neither here nor there). He's from North Dakota, but has a Polish (probably) surname. So who knows. But it's clear that he has some sort of serious psychological impairment--perhaps drug use adding to that--given his talk of being part of a US government experiment, etc. Perhaps schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Not fully responsible for his actions....   

20 hours ago, EricTh said:

I found the video of the American on Youtube. I couldn't hear where he spoke he hates Thai people.

Why didn't you just watch the Facebook videos posted ?

3 videos and , yes he hates Thai people and he does not like the color of their skin. 

Archived