Cigarettes. Best Place To Buy?

mikeinminburi

aint got a clue where to post this, so i guess here will do.

where's the best place to buy cigarette's in bangkok?

ive been looking around and the 7/11's seem to sell a large range of them but they are fairly high in price.

i know they are a lot cheaper in cambodia, but there cant be that much of a difference!

benson and hedges are 80 baht for a pack of 20.

but when in the airport last week i picked them up for 50 baht a pack of 20.

is there anywhere else you can get decent prices cigarette's?

any help for a broke falang!

aint got a clue where to post this, so i guess here will do.

where's the best place to buy cigarette's in bangkok?

ive been looking around and the 7/11's seem to sell a large range of them but they are fairly high in price.

i know they are a lot cheaper in cambodia, but there cant be that much of a difference!

benson and hedges are 80 baht for a pack of 20.

but when in the airport last week i picked them up for 50 baht a pack of 20.

is there anywhere else you can get decent prices cigarette's?

any help for a broke falang!

Ciggies are a lot cheaper in Cambodia and Laos they cost about 8 to 10 Baht a pack.

I dont know where you are situated in BKK but try and find a wholesaler they usually have alcohol and tabacco products failing that try one of the markets if you really want to save money buy some tabacco and roll your own you can get it in most markets. Hope this helps.

Cheers Tony

Not sure if this helps, but supermarkets tend to be a little cheaper when you buy by the carton. LM Lights (my brand): 42 baht cf 46 in Sewen. Only a saving of 40 baht on said carton, but that's enough to buy Maestro a bowl of noodles and a bike ride to the end of his soi.

Bad news is my Carrefour (Rama IV) has just stopped selling cartons. I have been assured, however, that Tesco Lotus is still doing them (Marlboro Lights 55 baht cf 60 baht in Sewen).

Not sure if this helps, but supermarkets tend to be a little cheaper when you buy by the carton. LM Lights (my brand): 42 baht cf 46 in Sewen. Only a saving of 40 baht on said carton, but that's enough to buy Maestro a bowl of noodles and a bike ride to the end of his soi.

Bad news is my Carrefour (Rama IV) has just stopped selling cartons. I have been assured, however, that Tesco Lotus is still doing them (Marlboro Lights 55 baht cf 60 baht in Sewen).

JR Texas: I think the best place to buy smokes is the local cancer ward. :o

Polecat: How so? Do you really think they'd sell cigarettes in there? Wow, that would be..oh hang on! You're joking, aren't you! I get it. You saw the word 'cigarettes' and 'cancer' popped into your head. You made a connection between the two and -- despite not being able to help the OP, or make an actual joke -- just put the words onto the thread.

Cheers JR. Keep it up.