Anyone buy a laptop with Lazada recently?

jko

Thinking of ordering a new laptop with Lazada as have had excellent service so far. Anybody have problems in this sector?

Also - comes with Windows 10 pre-installed - will it be the English version or would have to fiddle with it myself to switch it over?

Grateful any advice on this ...

Have bought laptop trough Lazada 2 times. One time I got my operating system in Thai and another in english.

However, today they always have a chat possibility, and you can ask the seller about the specifications regarding that.

Never had any problem, and the quality is as good as from the landbased shop.

Many sellers on Lazada are located in Bangkok. For larger purchases it is sometimes also possible to make an appointment, even if that option is not mentioned on the website.

My experiences with Lazada were good till now. But I heard also a lot of bad stories. 

A woman told me she ordered a notebook with the right to return it. It was not what she expected and she tried to return it but the seller wouldn't let her return it.

I don't know how often this happens but for me it would be one of the reasons why I wouldn't buy a notebook online. What do you do if it has problems? Send it back?

It's so much easier to go into an established shop and buy it there. And I am sure the price difference is little, if there is a difference at all.

• Like 2

Pay with credit/debit card to get easier refunds. Personally for this kind of purchase, I would check price in local store first. In my case there is no decent store in my area so I would not hesitate buying it from Lazada or wait for the next time I'm in Bangkok. 

I personally would not trust a Windows installation from an online seller, unless Invade or similar. You can download W10 and then get an activation key for a few quid on UK ebay. Then you know there is no malware or unwanted rubbish installed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Tesco, Big C ? Both sell PCs and laptops.

1.5h drive for the closest Big C. I would not say these are decent computer store but they are ok if you want middle to low quality at low price and don't expect any service. 

• Like 1

The last notebook I bought from a popular vendor on Lazada was loaded with dozens of pirated software titles, plus god knows what else - I wasn't interested to find out. I immediately returned it via 7-11 and got a full refund. So I bought a notebook from Amazon instead, which as it turned out was a far better deal. I got a newer and faster model (Thailand doesn't seem to ever have the latest notebooks, at least not with the higher spec models), despite that, the cost was LOWER than the lower spec model on Lazada. The shipping cost was under $30 (about 1 week - same as Lazada), and the import duty was paid in advance so no surprises on this end when it arrived. Actually there WAS a surprise later because I got a few bucks refunded as apparently the duty was lower than they had charged. And if I recall correctly, I think the Thai import duty was nearly the same as the state tax I would have paid if I had it shipped to my US address.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

People whining about a copy of Windows 10.

Just on eBay and buy a key for $5 - yes they work - and do a clean re-install, especially if you are saving a bit from going to a B&M store front.

I have bought several of these between 2016 - present, and not one issue so far.

Probably what these seller should have done, and no one would know the difference.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:00 AM, wgdanson said:

I personally would not trust a Windows installation from an online seller, unless Invade or similar. You can download W10 and then get an activation key for a few quid on UK ebay. Then you know there is no malware or unwanted rubbish installed.

I bought my Lenovo PC from Lazda with Win 10 installed, never had a problem.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 8:47 PM, Matzzon said:

Have bought laptop trough Lazada 2 times. One time I got my operating system in Thai and another in english.

However, today they always have a chat possibility, and you can ask the seller about the specifications regarding that.

Never had any problem, and the quality is as good as from the landbased shop.

Quality of staff is poor but that's normal. They irritate you to make you angy then blame you for being angry. Same as usual, TiT.

Keep it simple and they usually scramble over the line, though the live chat is peopled by Thais who adopt western names to fool the unwary and create the impression that they're smarter than normal Thais... say no more.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Quality of staff is poor but that's normal. They irritate you to make you angy then blame you for being angry. Same as usual, TiT.

Keep it simple and they usually scramble over the line, though the live chat is peopled by Thais who adopt western names to fool the unwary and create the impression that they're smarter than normal Thais... say no more.

Quality of staff is OK. They were quite polite and helpful, as I was to them, so nobody got irritated. The average Thai isn't stupid as farang here love to think, and the Lazada staff are a cut above average in that they can communicate in basic English and have had some training. 

Obviously if you're a poor communicator, impatient, and imagine yourself all superior from the get-go, then your experience will be at least as negative as it usually is.

Edited by BigStar