Democrats vow to insulate impeachment inquiry from 'sham investigations'

webfact

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Pakistan was asked to investigate which US politician in exchange?

Politicians belong to some protected immaculate class incapable of wrong doing? And here I always thought politicians represent original sin.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

An interesting article just came out that suggested one way that Trump could be convicted in the senate.  To put it simply, allow the senators to vote in secret.  Then we'll see if Republican senators really support Trump, or just do so out of fear. 

[By most everyone’s judgment, the Senate will not vote to remove President Donald Trump from office if the House impeaches him. But what if senators could vote on impeachment by secret ballot? If they didn’t have to face backlash from constituents or the media or the president himself, who knows how many Republican senators would vote to remove?

A secret impeachment ballot might sound crazy, but it’s actually quite possible. In fact, it would take only three senators to allow for that possibility.]

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/11/12/path-to-removing-donald-trump-from-office-229911

The vote should be in secret as the Senators that vote against Trump do not want to end up waking up with a horse's head in their bed.

Edited by Estrada
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Estrada said:

The vote should be in secret as the Senators that vote against Trump do not want to end up waking up with a horse's head in their bed.

Or God forbid be held accountable by their perspective constituencies. I guess I could see it being plausible as long as Shiff came out and did a parody re-enactment of the proceedings to clarify things.

Why not bring in a mime to testify for the blower while we are at it?

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

House Democrats consider the open hearings as crucial to building public support for a vote on articles of impeachment

How are they going to measure "public" support?  Another poll / statistic on who has their televisions on a certain channel during the hearings?  It is like saying, we aren't impeaching POTUS for breaking constitution laws/high crimes/ quid pro quo if the public does not support it (because we might not get re-elected)  Democracy at its lamest

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Good points.  I believe the Senate has a lot of options and could do any of the things you suggest.  I would like to see them move slowly, calling the Bidens, Adam Schiff, and the others involved in the coup.  That, timed with the indictments provided by Durham and Barr, would provide the leverage to destroy the communist Democratic party which would be a good thing for America.

The Senate will receive the result of the Confessional hearings within the election year.

You are kidding yourself if you believe they want to drag it out.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2