Democrats vow to insulate impeachment inquiry from 'sham investigations'

webfact

4 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I disagree. It was an easy way to show the dems are just fine with the concept of "quid pro quo" as it pertains to foreign policy and aid so long as it themselves doing it. Others can not use that method. They will be impeached.

An apples and oranges out of context approach could be used to highlight the sheer hypocrisy (and sillyness)of the situation. For ex Trumps predecessor invaded Libya and Syria on suspicious premises and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and civil strife, slavery and violence that continues to this day. Nobody batted an eyelid and he got the nobel award. Trump has a phone call with another world leader and asks him to look into corruption and it's the end of the world, meltdown and temper tantrum the likes of which have never been seen before. Certainly makes you wonder.....

You are beyond help, man!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Okay then, perhaps you'd like to tell us which airports the Americans took over/guarded in 1776 during the Revolutionary War.......because they certainly did according to the Orange man.

The important point is the Kurds did not help.

:cheesy:

So DT says something and loyal followers support him.  And then he contradicts himself soon afterwards, and they support him on that.  How does that work? 

8 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:
13 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I disagree. It was an easy way to show the dems are just fine with the concept of "quid pro quo" as it pertains to foreign policy and aid so long as it themselves doing it. Others can not use that method. They will be impeached.

An apples and oranges out of context approach could be used to highlight the sheer hypocrisy (and sillyness)of the situation. For ex Trumps predecessor invaded Libya and Syria on suspicious premises and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and civil strife, slavery and violence that continues to this day. Nobody batted an eyelid and he got the nobel award. Trump has a phone call with another world leader and asks him to look into corruption and it's the end of the world, meltdown and temper tantrum the likes of which have never been seen before. Certainly makes you wonder.....

You are beyond help, man!

weak deflections are not helping your point of view

26 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

and there it is again; agree with your biased opinion=you are smart and the  "truth" shines

disagree=you are stupid and "falsehoods" are everywhere

and the pseudo intellectuals will all agree...on tvf

how about just wait for the success/failure of the current democratic

attempt to circumvent an election?

what will be the next attempt? will it ever be enough if you keep losing these ridiculous attempts?

I'm sorry you have a huge chip on your shoulder about people being smarter than you but all we are doing is debating differing points of view over passionate subjects. I try to argue my point with facts, eloquence and sincerity and if that comes across to you as 'smart' and/or 'pseudo intellectual' (this is the third time you've used that phrase) then perhaps you should look more inward at your own insecurities. 

47 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Obviously NO ONE read the transcript, because so far, it hasn't been released!

What we all have read by now, is an edited version of the transcript and even that one is damning beyond any doubt of a normal and sane person!

The real transcript, you and all the Trump- supporters want us to read, was so damning, it was put on a secure server and has not yet been released! 

Please try to follow reality!

.... but he (Trump) keeps speaking about releasing "another or a 2nd" script, has been speaking about it for almost 2 weeks and so far nothing, I guess the re-re-re-re-revised REDACTED version takes  longer than expected to prepare, cheating, preparing fake documents it's not an easy task

15 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm sorry you have a huge chip on your shoulder about people being smarter than you but all we are doing is debating differing points of view over passionate subjects. I try to argue my point with facts, eloquence and sincerity and if that comes across to you as 'smart' and/or 'pseudo intellectual' (this is the third time you've used that phrase) then perhaps you should look more inward at your own insecurities. 

You claim to be smarter than me and tell me I have a huge chip on MY shoulder?

I hope you can see the arrogance and irony in that blather.

You constantly berate those who disagree with you and claim to be "eloquent" and "sincere" and call it debate. While calling names of those who disagree with you.

yet another shining example of leftist self proclaimed intellectual superiority backed up by your own opinion.

the irony of you telling me to look inward is astounding.

but, as you have said, let us see how the biased media will spin the show and then just how feeble this attempt at unseating an elected president will work out for those who share your obviously self acclaimed superior opinion and intellect and firm righteous grip on the "facts".

the backlash will be painful.....for some. 

40 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

.... but he (Trump) keeps speaking about releasing "another or a 2nd" script, has been speaking about it for almost 2 weeks and so far nothing, I guess the re-re-re-re-revised REDACTED version takes  longer than expected to prepare, cheating, preparing fake documents it's not an easy task

Them Sharpie pens don't grow on trees man.

50 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

You may have heard him talk about a financial statement he will be releasing someday.  How's that for a bs document?  No, not tax returns, a statement prepared by people with impressive credentials etc.  The circus never stops.

48 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

You claim to be smarter than me and tell me I have a huge chip on MY shoulder?

I hope you can see the arrogance and irony in that blather.

You constantly berate those who disagree with you and claim to be "eloquent" and "sincere" and call it debate. While calling names of those who disagree with you.

yet another shining example of leftist self proclaimed intellectual superiority backed up by your own opinion.

the irony of you telling me to look inward is astounding.

but, as you have said, let us see how the biased media will spin the show and then just how feeble this attempt at unseating an elected president will work out for those who share your obviously self acclaimed superior opinion and intellect and firm righteous grip on the "facts".

the backlash will be painful.....for some. 

I didn't claim to be smarter than you, I talked about 'people' being smarter than you. Again I cannot be held responsible for your lack of understanding. 

I 'berate' those that don't use facts to back up their argument and only rely on whataboutisms, deflections and debunked conspiracy theories. It may look like I berate a lot of people but then they can always stop relying on whataboutisms, deflections and debunked conspiracy theories.

I never call anyone names other than Trumpers (not too derogatory I don't think but please provide proof of other name calling that is) whilst you have called people (including myself) 'irrational', 'emotional' and 'preening' on this thread alone.

And also if any of the facts I have presented are not facts you are again welcome to counter this with verified facts of your own. If I have misquoted any of the people who have sworn under oath regarding Trumps QPQ you can present your version of what was said and see if it differs. I have taken all of my quotes from their own sworn testimonies, which no one has contested as just my 'own opinion' other than yourself.

You jumped on a post I made in reply to Tippaprons assertion 'Funny how when you hit the lefties with facts, logic, and honesty things start to get real quite on these threads' like I was the person who bought up the 'facts, logic, and honesty' part but you will also note I added 'I look forward to debating you over the next few days/weeks as the live show hits town.' 

I'll extend the same offer to you but I do think you are making a mountain out of a molehill and looking for an argument that isn't there so I'm not holding my breath that you'll keep the personal attacks out of things.

It doesn't bother me but the moderators might think differently.

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You really got to provide better examples if you want to be taken seriously.

Libya military intervention was to implement UN Security Council Resolution to stop crimes against humanity. US intervention was part of NATO allies involvement. 

Syria intervention was again a coalition involvement against ISIL.

Meanwhile Trump’s phone call was a personal effort to get dirt on the Bidens. If corruption was what he after, he should asked for an investigation of Rick Perry and his shady deal with Zelensky to get his energy buddies the oil and gas project. Their bids were lower than others but they still clinched the project. 

30 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I didn't claim to be smarter than you, I talked about 'people' being smarter than you. Again I cannot be held responsible for your lack of understanding. 

I 'berate' those that don't use facts to back up their argument and only rely on whataboutisms, deflections and debunked conspiracy theories. It may look like I berate a lot of people but then they can always stop relying on whataboutisms, deflections and debunked conspiracy theories.

I never call anyone names other than Trumpers (not too derogatory I don't think but please provide proof of this if it is) whilst you have called people (including myself) 

'irrational', 'emotional' and 'preening' on this thread alone.

And also if any of the facts I have presented are not facts you are again welcome to counter this with verified facts of your own. If I have misquoted any of the people who have sworn under oath regarding Trumps QPQ you can present your version of what was said and see if it differs. I have taken all of my quotes from their own sworn testimonies, which no one has contested as just my 'own opinion' other than yourself.

You jumped on a post I made in reply to Tippaprons assertion 'Funny how when you hit the lefties with facts, logic, and honesty things start to get real quite on these threads' like I was the person who bought up the 'facts, logic, and honesty' part but you will also noted I added 'I look forward to debating you over the next few days/weeks as the live show hits town.' 

I'll extend the same offer to you but I do think you are making a mountain out of a molehill and looking for an argument that isn't there so I'm not holding my breath that you'll keep the personal attacks out of things.

It doesn't bother me but the moderators might think differently.

There it is again, another derogatory remark, but then you say you do not insult people on the forum except for "Trumpers" and you somehow think that is OK. So i guess irrational or leftist is an ok moniker, all things being equal, oui?

I will just wait to see the farce this will turn out to be and the way it will try to be twisted into a crime by those that just want their way regardless.

this will end just as the Mueller report did, with innuendos and a dull thud. 

but, OK Johnny. Let us just see where this all ends and keep all the personal attacks out of it, if you can do it, then so can I. We all know where the mods stand on things.

Then we will see where the IG report ends as well, with factual references from an actual legitimate investigation.

have a pleasant evening

43 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You really got to provide better examples if you want to be taken seriously.

Libya military intervention was to implement UN Security Council Resolution to stop crimes against humanity. US intervention was part of NATO allies involvement. 

Syria intervention was again a coalition involvement against ISIL.

Meanwhile Trump’s phone call was a personal effort to get dirt on the Bidens. If corruption was what he after, he should asked for an investigation of Rick Perry and his shady deal with Zelensky to get his energy buddies the oil and gas project. Their bids were lower than others but they still clinched the project. 

Point of order only:- The US was already involved in Syria before ISIS rose to power. They (Including UK and France etc) were supporting a ragbag group of Sunni terror groups - many believe at Saudi Arabia's request. Remember the pathetic attempts to establish the "Moderate opposition" at $1m per soldier.

If your friend/child/relation was killed in 9/11 (Or 7/7 UK) you might wonder why your government was supporting Al Qaeda in Syria (Later to become Al Nusrah). 

Otherwise I agree with your points.

10 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Point of order only:- The US was already involved in Syria before ISIS rose to power. They (Including UK and France etc) were supporting a ragbag group of Sunni terror groups - many believe at Saudi Arabia's request. Remember the pathetic attempts to establish the "Moderate opposition" at $1m per soldier.

If your friend/child/relation was killed in 9/11 (Or 7/7 UK) you might wonder why your government was supporting Al Qaeda in Syria (Later to become Al Nusrah). 

Otherwise I agree with your points.

Respectfully US designate Al Nusrah as a terrorist organization and State Department categorically denied arming them and Treasury sanctioned and targeted their financial structure. They cut ties with Al-Qaeda in ‘16. I am no expert and this is totally off topic. Have a good day.  

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

You may have heard him talk about a financial statement he will be releasing someday.  How's that for a bs document?  No, not tax returns, a statement prepared by people with impressive credentials etc.  The circus never stops.

No, the transcript he's talking about releasing, is of another, earlier telephone call with the Ukrainian president.

9 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

other than Sonderland, who specifically said there was no squid go pro, who else did he actually appoint?

HaHa-- "squid go pro".......and you accused ME of trying to look intelligent with my posts. Well at least I am, and you?

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

After one day of public testimony the preliminary verdict on the "impeachment inquiry" is:  Nothing burger.

It was a real car crash of a hearing. I loved it when Nunes asked the 2 neverTrump officials Kent and Taylor where is the impeachable bit. Stone cold silence. Mega cringe! I did not expect the democrat team to be so woefully unprepared and their testimony based on 2nd or even 3rd hand heresay. 

Had there been any punches landed we would have a half dozen new threads this morning. Instead it's gone as quiet as the Mueller hoax has. How telling.

17 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

It was a real car crash of a hearing. I loved it when Nunes asked the 2 neverTrump officials Kent and Taylor where is the impeachable bit. Stone cold silence. Mega cringe! I did not expect the democrat team to be so woefully unprepared and their testimony based on 2nd or even 3rd hand heresay. 

Had there been any punches landed we would have a half dozen new threads this morning. Instead it's gone as quiet as the Mueller hoax has. How telling.

The witnesses don’t decide what bit is impeachable.

Refer Roger Stone for the Mueller bit.

Meanwhile the hearings reveal more witnesses to Trump’s call.

This is the start of the hearings laying out the background and persons involved.

Nunes’ dumb question is equivalent to asking the prosecution to conclude their case while making opening statements and before all witnesses have been called.

It plays well to people who don’t understand a lot of stuff.

23 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

And these two witnesses supposedly are the best the Dem's have!

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The witnesses don’t decide what bit is impeachable.

Refer Roger Stone for the Mueller bit.

Meanwhile the hearings reveal more witnesses to Trump’s call.

This is the start of the hearings laying out the background and persons involved.

Nunes’ dumb question is equivalent to asking the prosecution to conclude their case while making opening statements and before all witnesses have been called.

It plays well to people who don’t understand a lot of stuff.

Nov 2016:  "Any day now we're going to get Trump."

Nov 2019:  "Any day now we're going to get Trump."

2 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Nov 2016:  "Any day now we're going to get Trump."

Nov 2019:  "Any day now we're going to get Trump."

Trump already got himself.  He has no defense for holding back the approved aid to an ally (Ukraine) fighting against Russia other than his own personal gain.  Only question is will the GOP in the senate trial convict

Dont know why but i'd like to slap that Schiff's blokes face.

Watching CNN at the moment, and they have 6 pro democrat experts commentating on the hearings, and nil from the other side.

Next three presenters are Anderson, Cuomo and Lemon, and we all know what side of the fence they are on.

A great channel of balanced reporting i think not.

2 minutes ago, johnmell said:

Watching CNN at the moment, and they have 6 pro democrat experts commentating on the hearings, and nil from the other side.

Next three presenters are Anderson, Cuomo and Lemon, and we all know what side of the fence they are on.

I have come to loathe CNN after being an avid viewer for decades. I can hardly even turn on the channel. They still have some great pieces but their political 'reporting' is immature, biased political opinion. Yuk.

11 minutes ago, johnmell said:

Both of those diplomats have served under democracy’s and republicans so your point is nada they witnessed criminal behavior and stood against it as they should cnn are reporting facts they don’t favor Donald go figure 

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Both of those diplomats have served under democracy’s and republicans so your point is nada they witnessed criminal behavior and stood against it as they should 

Both those diplomats are old school, swampies who don't like change and bit the hand that feeds them. How about some loyalty?  not their job to question the decisions of an ELECTED POTUS. 

Anyway pleased to confirm the Senate will squash this and things will 'come around' one day and GOP will give Dems hell over this partisan nonsense. Welcome to the new hate filed world of US politics. A great shame for divided America.

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Both those diplomats are old school, swampies who don't like change and bit the hand that feeds them. How about some loyalty?  not their job to question the decisions of an ELECTED POTUS. 

Anyway pleased to confirm the Senate will squash this and things will 'come around' one day and GOP will give Dems hell over this partisan nonsense. Welcome to the new hate filed world of US politics. A great shame for divided America.

Taylor was begged to take the appointment by pompeo.

I hope you guys never get called for jury duty. The jails would be empty.

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Been catching many fish on your trolling boat lol naa don’t see it I see trump beeing checked just like the founders set the system up to do donald is beeing exposed for what he is amoral unqualified and a disaster as potus 

Archived