Samui: Russian on huge overstay arrested while having his lunch!

webfact

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

What a nasty twisted person you are. Revelling in someone's ill fortune. Yes he overstayed, he has been caught and he will suffer and be treated worse than a dog for who knows how long before being deported and your cheering. Phew... 

There's an ignore function on TV for posters that p!$$ you off.  This one & a few more like him are on mine ????

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Well, you have to take a step back and look at yourself from a bit further away for a moment, to be able to see it.

You are cheering caught overstayers in every thread and you have this 'Visa denied' (it screams schadenfreude) avatar

.... put this together 1 +1 and how do you think yourself how you come across?

Plus you would report them yourself.

Whether you see it or disagree with it or not. It is a bit more than just posting an opinion.

Ok, thanks! I took a step back and now I understand better. Yes, it´s worng. I am actually cheering caught overstayers, and when I reached that conclusion, I felt happiness.

I guess that must make me evil in some peoples eyes. But, that´s okey! If that is what it takes to claim that the right way is to follow the law in the country you chose to visit or reside in, then so be it.

Regarding my avatar, that one has nothingdo do with overstaying, or can you please connect that part for me. Last but not least. In this part of the forum I have been tols we use english. So I will just translate for the rest of the readers. schdenfreude mean plainly "having a ball out of somebody elses misery.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Where did you read that?

I mean what's the guy going to do, deny it's him?

You really think they can't do anything just because your passport is somewhere else?

I looked at the picture.

And on the picture it seems he sits in a restaurant with a meal and the officer next to him looks into something which might be his passport.

In the theoretical case that I would have years of overstay and someone would ask me for my passport then I would probably tell him that I have it at home. And if he tells me to get it I would tell him it's such a long way, maybe tomorrow. And I would offer the officer a compensation for his work or ask him to come later to my home to start negotiations... After all, this is Thailand.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I guess that must make me evil in some peoples eyes. But, that´s okey!

You don't get it, but it's ok. 

Can you see the difference in posting something like: I don't like overstayers, they give us a bad rep and maybe are the reason for the tightening rules.

To your approach ... hang em high, scum of the earth, when I see them I report them etc. etc. 

Can you see the difference? 

You are overly obsessed with it ... in every thread. It's not just an opinion you post about, that's why you repeatedly have to explain over and over again in every thread "I'm just posting my opinion" and everyone is questioning this.

It goes a bit beyond my understanding that you can't see this? Or do you just enjoy that kind of attention?

It's very weird, to say the least.

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, thanks! I took a step back and now I understand better. Yes, it´s worng. I am actually cheering caught overstayers, and when I reached that conclusion, I felt happiness.

I guess that must make me evil in some peoples eyes. But, that´s okey! If that is what it takes to claim that the right way is to follow the law in the country you chose to visit or reside in, then so be it.

Regarding my avatar, that one has nothingdo do with overstaying, or can you please connect that part for me. Last but not least. In this part of the forum I have been tols we use english. So I will just translate for the rest of the readers. schdenfreude mean plainly "having a ball out of somebody elses misery.

I sure how you have NEVER broken any law in Thailand, right? Have you NEVER driven over the speed limit, even by 5 km/h? Or you have never driven after a few too may drinks? These people are also disgusting in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

When am I cheering? As usual I post my opinion, and I do not like overstayers. That he will be treated like a dog, and maybe not know when he can come home is not my fault. That he made all by himself. He probably like self-inflicted mental pain. There is no need to overstay, and there is no valid excuse for it.

How can you tell if a person is an overstayer, by looking at them? Or do you mean you can like someone for years but if they overstay by one day now you do not like them?

In a group of twenty people can you pick the overstayer simply because you don't like them.

Logically you cannot like anyone as you do not know their immigration status. And I'm sure the feeling is reciprocal.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

How can you tell if a person is an overstayer, by looking at them? Or do you mean you can like someone for years but if they overstay by one day now you do not like them?

In a group of twenty people can you pick the overstayer simply because you don't like them.

Logically you cannot like anyone as you do not know their immigration status. And I'm sure the feeling is reciprocal.

What a wierd comment. The only thing you managed to do here, is twist your own writing into a big confusing knot.

First, when have I ever stated that I can see and pick ut who is an overstayer or not by just looking at them? Answer: Never! Just something that your irrational fantasy is making up in the shadows of your poor enlightened mind.

When I am made aware of that somebody is or has been caught overstaying, then I do not like them and that. I do not have that kind of friends, but I have many friends that never would think of overstaying. And yes, I like them. 

However, if somebody of them would start to overstay, I would try to help them sort it out and be able to come back before it´s too late. If it is too late me and my other friends, would try to talk the person into the right path. Continue to overstay is only going to lead to bigger problems. And that I do not wish any of my friends.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I sure how you have NEVER broken any law in Thailand, right? Have you NEVER driven over the speed limit, even by 5 km/h? Or you have never driven after a few too may drinks? These people are also disgusting in my opinion. 

No never drive too fast, and never drink and drive, as well as I drive booth big and small motorcycle and always wear a helmet. The reason for that is not only because it is the law. In my world, that is a part of common sense and acting like a responsible human beeing. I do not think my wife and children as well as my relatives in my home country would like to get a message that I died for driving drunk, or that papa have to go to jail for crippling another human. How do you think around that? Am I thinking right or am I just too confused? The people that you are talking about is not only disgusting, they are moronic scum without any boundraries or thoughts for their fellow human beeings.

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

You don't get it, but it's ok. 

Can you see the difference in posting something like: I don't like overstayers, they give us a bad rep and maybe are the reason for the tightening rules.

To your approach ... hang em high, scum of the earth, when I see them I report them etc. etc. 

Can you see the difference? 

You are overly obsessed with it ... in every thread. It's not just an opinion you post about, that's why you repeatedly have to explain over and over again in every thread "I'm just posting my opinion" and everyone is questioning this.

It goes a bit beyond my understanding that you can't see this? Or do you just enjoy that kind of attention?

It's very weird, to say the least.

Wierd or not wierd. Still my opinion. I don´t need any attention, but rather be left alone with my comments. Unfortunately  it is you that is obsessed by caring about them and focusing on me instead of leaving your own opinion about the topic.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I think you mean schadenfreude? A sad condition for those that get a thrill from other people’s misfortunes. You read like a concentration camp guard?

So what? What has all this to do with a russian on huge overstay?

I’m disgusted by your spelling!

All he’s done is spend all his money in Thailand for almost 8 years, harming no one, least of all Thai people, who have been the main beneficiaries of his spending. 

Edited by Langkawee
M

I’m disgusted by your spelling!

Irrelevant and off topic.

All he’s done is spend all his money in Thailand for almost 8 years, harming no one, least of all Thai people, who have been the main beneficiaries of his spending.

Yes, right! No problem then, why do something so stupid and crazy like visas exist? Then we can just live in any country we wish, spend our mney and all will be fine and above board. :crazy: Not a little bit nutty, right?

He has been doing that on overstay. That´s what´s wrong. If he now had all that money, you are talking about. Why did he then not take care of, or cared about his visa? Even if thatwould make him only can stay in Thailand 6 month maximum per year if living on tourist visas. Just because he might have had money to spend, does not mean he is allowed to break Immigration rules.

Will be interesting who will be the overstayer of the year.

Can anybody explain to me why so many posters in this thread protect overstayers? And so they protect people hiding from the Thai authorities and perhaps also hiding from authorities of other countries. There were many cases like this already where criminals were hiding in Thailand. I would not protect such people and if you know such people I doubt that they will tell you the real reason why they are hiding. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

There are many who think overstayers should be caught .... but you take this complete thing to the extreme and complete new level in the way you post about it ... as per usual, it's not what you say .... it's how you say it! ????

I am very sad, but I guess I can´t satisfy yours and some others when it comes to the way I am expressing myself. Can´t please all, I guess. ????

3 hours ago, timendres said:

Putting aside an obvious valid excuse for overstay, such as being injured and in the hospital, let's just assume this guy's excuse was "I don't want to leave, and I cannot get a proper visa". It is not likely that he committed crimes, injured Thais, took away employment from needy Thai, or otherwise created a negative impact on society. He simply broke an immigration law on overstay, and he will pay the penalty for his choice. Not sure why this is "disgusting" to some people. Personally, I reserve my "disgust" for the really bad characters, such as those who prey on children or the weak.

I blocked Matzzon and never see his nonsense, but then someone thinks he's worth quoting and I see it anyway ????????. Oh well.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Can anybody explain to me why so many posters in this thread protect overstayers? And so they protect people hiding from the Thai authorities and perhaps also hiding from authorities of other countries. There were many cases like this already where criminals were hiding in Thailand. I would not protect such people and if you know such people I doubt that they will tell you the real reason why they are hiding. 

Can you point out for us where it says he is guilty of anything other than wanting to live in Thailand. Not particularly sensible of him, but if that's what floats his boat... And can you tell us why you think he might be a criminal. Any basis for that? Any at all?

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Can you point out for us where it says he is guilty of anything other than wanting to live in Thailand. Not particularly sensible of him, but if that's what floats his boat... And can you tell us why you think he might be a criminal. Any basis for that? Any at all?

He is hiding from the authorities. In many countries this is not a good idea. I don't know if he is a criminal. But because of his behavior he came in conflict with laws and perhaps the immigration and police will check what he has done all the years here and how he financed his stay and who are his friends and if other countries are looking for him and... I would avoid to have contact to such people. In the worst case this just can create problems.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks for posting total nonsense. What facts are you basing this post on?

I can tell you immediately, that it´s not written in Thailand 4.0.

What this is, is just a poor try to act like a doomsday prophet.

So you don't agree that there's a bigger picture viz who can qualify for a long term stay in Thailand? It's all about those pesky, overstaying, illegally working bad apples?

Good to know you've read the Thailand 4.0 guide book though. Makes you truly special... on this forum anyway. Is that the official one as published in the Royal Gazette

or is it the Thailand 4.0 for Dummies you can find on lazada?

I guess my admittedly ill-judged attempt to appear to join your legion of professional Thai bashers was doomed to fail. You guys are good. I just need to work out what for.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

However, if somebody of them would start to overstay, I would try to help them sort it out and be able to come back before it´s too late. If it is too late me and my other friends, would try to talk the person into the right path. Continue to overstay is only going to lead to bigger problems. And that I do not wish any of my friends.

So when push came to shove, would you use the Immigration Police snitch-line?

After you and your friends had unfriended him I mean?

46 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Then, ask why when it is an African or Indian overstayer in these stories there is a massive pile up of blame> I would guess it is more bigotry than glamourizing for the Outlaw. The guy might be guilty of more than overstay after 8 years maybe working illegally or other crimes, certainly not a victim of misfortune. There is always a way to stay legal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1