Is anyone playing any sport- only with thai's?

ubonr1971

We have an old thai guy working part time for us and he mentioned he plays tennis every week. I asked if I could have a hit with him and now we are playing every week at his club. Ive met some of his old friends as well who play quite well. Its good to be meeting some of the local thai guys and getting our name out there for our business. Good for fitness as well. 

Is anyone else playing any sport with thai folk?

• Like 1

Kiteboarding.  In Rayong, our little club/group is almost exclusively Thai,... I'm one of only two falangs that regularly participate.  All the Thai's are very helpful despite the language barrier.  Since it's a water sport, it's a great way to exercise and still keep cool. 

• Like 1

Used to play full court basketball with Thais every week. Occasionally another farang would show up but usually was only me. Most of them are not big, but man are they quick. And you can see how their football skills impacted their basketball game. After a rebound there would always be two of them sprinting down each side of the floor like strikers looking for a long pass. I always played tough defense and some of them got a bit hot-headed about that from time to time, but mostly a good group of fellas. Wish I could still play but ankle injuries have kept me away.

6 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

how old can a child start learning? Im keen to get my rug rat into tennis

There are kids as young as three years old, some even younger, just look on youtube. If one succeeds at the top, tennis can now be rewarding. Australian Ash Barty just pocketed $4.75 million at the WTA Finals in Shenzhen, the highest ever paid out prize money in the entire tennis history. That's 140 million Baht for winning one tournament! Men get less for the Nitto ATP Finals in London today. But tennis for a kid or an adult should be fun in the first place. 

Edited by Dario