Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

12 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not keen on sa nakes either ???? but via a Facebook page I am trying to educate myself, albeit slowly, spiders on the other hand are a big no no for me ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️ 

I think you have to stand back and consider these creatures.

Take the humble fly. It eats by being sick on our food and then slurping it up. Not a nice thought. But if we scare a fly away and it has not finished its meal then we are eating its 'sick'.

And then we have the mosquito. It's best not to give it a slap when it's been on our leg. Don't want to break that little drinking straw and have a skin irritation.

Here is Isaan, snakes are everywhere. But like most creatures, they are always considering where their next meal is coming from. What I have found at the farm, is that a strict no litter approach mostly  sorts out the problem. Especially food containers and drink cans. These attract vermin; and they attract snakes.

I burn the rubbish about once a week. This seems to work in keeping the farm snake free. Of course, sometimes a stupid one comes near, and has to be dealt with.

The heavens opened here on the Darkside of Pattaya today, coming down in stair rods it was, the road works have screwed everything up, I walked down to the shop where I have a beer or three with like minded guys who are 10 to 14 years older than me, I truly hope I age as well and for as long as those guys ????

I'll see if I can find some pics of the work, my slip on deck shoes are about a kilo heavier ???? 

Night all, GT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

That's at the bottom of my soi????????

I will try and add more to give a clearer picture, I can't understand why the pics aren't on my tablet, that would've been easier than my phone ????

Edited by Golden Triangle

On 11/19/2019 at 8:06 AM, EVENKEEL said:

My first time in Isaan I thought it was great, did the farang dance with land and house. I was still working so only stayed for 2 mos at a time. As time went by realized I wouldn't make this my retirement home, my reasoning was that I've worked too hard all my life to settle for this.....this being living in a rice paddie. Don't get me wrong, a lot of good hard working people. I didn't have to move to Thailand to live in the country, I grew up in the country, I have property in the country in the US. I would like to be nearer things that interest me, going to see a movie in English if I choose plus I love living near the sea.

Anyway, school for our daughter was becoming a topic of concern. Long story short we moved south to a little fishing village close to a nice beach, good schools, the move was for me as much as it was for our daughter. Plus, I'm a good 11 hrs by car away from THE family.

NST ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Tried to get out the bottom of the Soi tonight on foot to go for a couple of wets with the lads, 78 & 82 respectively ???? 2 Hope's, Bob Hope & no hope, so went the long way around the back way, mind you the rain hasn't helped, no work done yesterday or today, not to worry, one day it'll all be done ????????????

Couldn't you have just jumped across the ditch GT?

Is that your motor?

2139659294_buggysmall.png.dc947bd4d4b4f9537c3a38ea1136cade.png

334681734_redbug01.png.4680285167354e0ee9b71784fbbcac71.png