Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

18 hours ago, faraday said:

Unable to upload video

Now Faraday,musing as I often do about your Murakami quote....I came across another on a modellers forum that I also like..

"I know that I am lost in my own little world but they like me there.."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Now Faraday,musing as I often do about your Murakami quote....I came across another on a modellers forum that I also like..

"I know that I am lost in my own little world but they like me there.."

From Norwegian Wood:

" I wonder what ants do on rainy days"

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there.."

L.P Hartley.

Absolutely love that book. Marian & Ted ruined poor Leo's life.

"To bleed from many wounds may be more serious than to bleed from one, but the pain, being less localized, is also easier for the mind to bear."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voulez vous said:

In Owl's village every evening people bring their animals home.

You truly are a Johnny Foreigner aren't you? I had my doubts but only people not from the UK (mainly Yanks) would use "bring" when they should be using "take".

Just for clarity, we bring things here, and take things there.????

• Like 1

Hi Farangsters - Monsieur Vous here.

Just one pic, taken by Mr Owl last evening, of the bridge under repair.

Looks like they are getting on with it. Are they going to take the rubble away, before the rain starts?

1304170510_aaroadrepairs01.png.784c4da9ad18ea100bb9b53dde754ca2.png

Mr Owl is well, and is looking forward to joining you all soon. He tells me he has learnt his lesson, and will not, in future, be goaded into posting anything that might lead to a debate; and another hol'.

Still with Kitten. I had to take the second chip out of my phone, to stop any calls, and make her jealous. As I stroke her ankles, I can feel that subtle stubble. I do like a natural.

Later

Edited by voulez vous
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, are you sure?
This is still a spotted leopard:.

Amur Leopard (Panthera pardus orientalis) | Incredible ...

Indeed.

I prefer my pussies obedient and willing.

636788594_catznicemarkings.jpg.c3f6d51220abd6f423c7ffda916ed949.jpg

A tad mysterious.

1522875199_catz-goldandblack.jpg.b0e5ea54d0487776af5a90cad92b5d17.jpg

A little exciting.

1759957192_catz-gingerandblack.png.12809637de5c65679ea756d7360cfb8f.png

And colourful.

catz - little tiger.jpg

Edited by voulez vous
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

You would be surprised at the amount of replies I have typed out, thought about it & then deleting before hitting the send button, I have learnt my lesson as well.

There are a lot of self opinionated people who inhabit the forum ( as there are in real life ) you have 2 options, use the ignore button or just try to ignore them full stop, unfortunately real life doesn't have an ignore button so I just bite my tongue when I encounter the obnoxious fools of life. 

Why wouldn't you / shouldn't you voice your own opinion, either on this forum, or face to face?  

Clicking the ignore button says more about you than it does the member you chose to ignore.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Because unfortunately, as much as I would like to it is currently against forum rules to tell some obnoxious loud mouthed ignorant posters to F off I am not allowed to, you should be aware of that with the muppets that almost hourly try to humiliate you in various threads.

There's a difference between voicing one's opinion and abusing someone.  

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Best you do it your way and let others do it theirs 

if it was a perfect world then you would be correct, but it’s not and with the best will on the world there will always be inconsistencies and a very thin line between the two. 

Im with the other guys and if o have an opinion i say it then move on and dont even both to read the responses on most cases. It’s called click and go. 

Saves me keep getting holidays like dear old Owl and at the same time saves me reading the replies of many old sad bastards who thrive on, out of boredom, just winding people up whilst trying to convince everyone they are living the dream. 

I hope Owl manages to do the same. It would be a shame if he fell into the trap. 

Good post.

Simply saying, in my opinion, and I don't care if you like my opinion or not, ????  the ignore button is not the answer.  

What's the next stage, the ignore button for anyone who disagrees with you?  

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Good post.

Simply saying, in my opinion, and I don't care if you like my opinion or not, ????  the ignore button is not the answer.  

What's the next stage, the ignore button for anyone who disagrees with you?  

Personally I’ve never used it. I would rather do as I do. Works for me. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Best you do it your way and let others do it theirs 

if it was a perfect world then you would be correct, but it’s not and with the best will on the world there will always be inconsistencies and a very thin line between the two. 

Im with the other guys and if o have an opinion i say it then move on and dont even both to read the responses on most cases. It’s called click and go. 

Saves me keep getting holidays like dear old Owl and at the same time saves me reading the replies of many old sad bastards who thrive on, out of boredom, just winding people up whilst trying to convince everyone they are living the dream. 

I hope Owl manages to do the same. It would be a shame if he fell into the trap. 

If I'm not mistaken there was a topic about covid. Mr Owl wanted to put his point ocross.

He got his latest two weeker for posting a link to a UK radio station.

A TV member complained (24 hours after the post) and that was that; holiday.

Edited by voulez vous
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1