Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

On 2/13/2021 at 3:41 AM, bannork said:

Owl's post about the shop lady reminded me of a middle-aged crisis I went through some years back. It's a chapter from my second book' Thai Times' . It began on a train, 5555.

Mystery Train Chapter .docx 37.35 kB · 9 downloads

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting. Bit of a sad ending but that's life I suppose.

8 hours ago, sotonowl said:

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting. Bit of a sad ending but that's life I suppose.

Glad you liked it, snl. That euphoric feeling, the high that one conversation induced in me, makes me wonder if the drug ecstasy produces the same effect. Perhaps cocaine. I never had enough money to buy the latter in my youth and I had left the UK by the time ecstasy became popular.

Meeting her made me realise how stuff goes on in our subconscious that we have no control or perhaps awareness of. 

I hope she's found someone by now, that story happened 7 years ago.

• Like 2

Hi There Farangsters.

Mr Owl was pleased to email me to say that he received his Lazada delivery.

492296053_sweetner01.png.993f82ddc4c7d0f7ddd7725df0db7d2a.png

He is trying to reduce sugar as much as possible. So its Xylitol from now on for Mr Owl.

I may get a couple of my ladies to try this sweetener. Sabine and Yulliette could both do with slimming down a kilo or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Hi There Farangsters.

He is trying to reduce sugar as much as possible. So its Xylitol from now on for Mr Owl.

I may get a couple of my ladies to try this sweetener. Sabine and Yulliette could both do with slimming down a kilo or two.

I just stopped having sugar, my tea was always NATO standard, hot, strong & 2 large sugars, but 5 or 6 mugs a day took its sugary toll, I also swapped full fat milk to the stuff with the white top, tasted foul at first but you do get used to it ???? half a dozen large Archa more than compensate ????????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I just stopped having sugar, my tea was always NATO standard, hot, strong & 2 large sugars, but 5 or 6 mugs a day took its sugary toll, I also swapped full fat milk to the stuff with the white top, tasted foul at first but you do get used to it ???? half a dozen large Archa more than compensate ????????

I think a good move there Mr Golden Triangle.

If one is convinced that cov19 is going to engulf civilization there is good news.

https://www.abc4.com/news/the-virus-that-causes-covid-19-blocked-by-xylitol-dr-mark-l-cannon-says-its-a-decoy-target/

Mr Owl will be interested also.

26 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So I'm not the only one to use this sort of bargaining chip.He does get straight to the point.Presumably he doesn't wear any pants so there is no confusion in the fine print of such contracts.

Did you mean 'pants' in British English or American English?

If it was British English, then it's still illegal to leave the house without wearing any underwear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Hi There Farangsters.

This is great news, I was considering contacting Inspector Lestrade, I can see this will not now be necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1