Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

Owl, did you wake up to a morning of fog on Wednesday? I've never seen it so thick here, almost like Blighty in the winter. Of course it had dissipated by 7.00 so you may have missed it!

Yes! There was some fog. It was very dark outside until well after seven.

Seems like it's all back to normal now; though still on the cool side until 10ish.

Not a great deal of rain all told. But very welcome.

By the bye Bannork. Have you ever seen the giant solar plant near you? And are there any more near you I don't know about?

40 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

A pic from Saturday afternoon, Mrs HP has finally got her Australian driving licence, can’t remove the smile from her face... ????

4F3C590F-E822-434E-B863-3618EE31A0FD.jpeg

Good for her. Well done Mrs HP.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes! There was some fog. It was very dark outside until well after seven.

Seems like it's all back to normal now; though still on the cool side until 10ish.

Not a great deal of rain all told. But very welcome.

By the bye Bannork. Have you ever seen the giant solar plant near you? And are there any more near you I don't know about?

You mean the enomous VOA base with its 4 lanes so planes can land on the Ban Dung- Phen road?  I can see the lights flashing as I am writing this now. Think I may have seen a couple of its US employees running around Ban Dung in an open top souped up jeep but if they're CIA shouldn't they keep a low profile?

Probably Pattaya good time boys fleeing Covid and visiting their teeraks.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bannork said:

You mean the enormous VOA base with its 4 lanes so planes can land on the Ban Dung- Phen road?  I can see the lights flashing as I am writing this now. Think I may have seen a couple of its US employees running around Ban Dung in an open top souped up jeep but if they're CIA shouldn't they keep a low profile?

No! Not the VoA.

Page 168. You must have skipped over it.

2004159007_Bannorksolarfarmcropped01.png.2ee3769df9f91f3f2b3557c17082d488.png

This is the ginormous farm in Bannork's area. Measures up at 80,000 m2.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No! Not the VoA.

Page 168. You must have skipped over it.

2004159007_Bannorksolarfarmcropped01.png.2ee3769df9f91f3f2b3557c17082d488.png

This is the ginormous farm in Bannork's area. Measures up at 80,000 m2.

Okay, so how can I get to page168 without  going back page by page? Cue -Dylan or rather The Byrds 'My Back Oages'.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bannork said:

Okay, so how can I get to page168 without  going back page by page? Cue -Dylan or rather The Byrds 'My Back Oages'.

Click on the small "down" arrow at the very end of the page numbers (top or bottom of the page). That will give you a field to type the page number you want.

1781323216_Diary_of_a_farang_in_Isaan_-_Page_197_-_Farang_Pub_-_fun_entertainment_and_Expat_life_-_Thailand_Visa_Forum_by_Thai_Visa_-_2021-02-11_22_25_08.png.bef0a204ba0373a17bea78b38c312a2f.png

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Click on the small "down" arrow at the very end of the page numbers (top or bottom of the page). That will give you a field to type the page number you want.

1781323216_Diary_of_a_farang_in_Isaan_-_Page_197_-_Farang_Pub_-_fun_entertainment_and_Expat_life_-_Thailand_Visa_Forum_by_Thai_Visa_-_2021-02-11_22_25_08.png.bef0a204ba0373a17bea78b38c312a2f.png

Or on an iPhone/mobile version, with no down arrow click on the number to open the field.

83A6C848-EE7E-4AB7-BC4B-FC03CE63A313.thumb.png.03bbbc2a3d790ccae246bb027794cc38.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I passed the hat lady shop and there she was; talking to a farang. I watched for a minute and decided action was needed. There was a motorcycle outside. Obviously belonged to the farang. So I let the front tyre down.

Went and sat in the pick-up to watch the soon-to-be chaos. The farang (ugly young sod) came out of the shop, turned right and went off to the main road. Whose m/c was it?

The policeman's wife.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bannork said:

More details please Owl, i.e. which road is it next to?

Just off the 2329 (south side) near Sang Khom.

Hard to establish when it was constructed. At a guess, I'd say about 2010.

Can do a drone pic if you would like Bannork.

39 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha ha! - 'about 29'    perhaps '29 and three-quarters' - shades of Adrian Mole.

How did you reach that conclusion, you didn't cut her head off and count the rings, did you?

Quite droll that Bluesofa. 

Of course I wouldn't dream of counting her rings. I'm only interested in one ring. And as far as I know she has not had a ring on her finger; that's the main thing.

I'll pop into her shop on Monday. Should not really ask a ladies age, but I might. I'm sure she will confirm she's 29. When you have the experiences I've had with the ladies, it is not difficult to guess their ages.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Quite droll that Bluesofa. 

Of course I wouldn't dream of counting her rings. I'm only interested in one ring. And as far as I know she has not had a ring on her finger; that's the main thing.

I'll pop into her shop on Monday. Should not really ask a ladies age, but I might. I'm sure she will confirm she's 29. When you have the experiences I've had with the ladies, it is not difficult to guess their ages.

It's a very old joke I dug up specially.

Surely a woman confirming they're 29 puts them at 35+?

If you were to chat her up more deviously, perhaps you could get to look at her ID card and hence DOB?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's a very old joke I dug up specially.

Surely a woman confirming they're 29 puts them at 35+?

If you were to chat her up more deviously, perhaps you could get to look at her ID card and hence DOB?

Not my Lady Bluesofa. Not an untruthful thought in her head. Anyway, I'm not that interested in finding out her exact age. Just want a nice lady to pillow-talk (so to speak) about footy, fishing and trees. She could be what I'm after.

Her name is Ting. Don't know why she has not be snuffled up. I think she is a little shy around mature men.

Mrs Owl has taken to looking at my pics I take for the thread. So I have to be careful.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Not my Lady Bluesofa. Not an untruthful thought in her head. Anyway, I'm not that interested in finding out her exact age. Just want a nice lady to pillow-talk (so to speak) about footy, fishing and trees. She could be what I'm after.

Her name is Ting. Don't know why she has not be snuffled up. I think she is a little shy around mature men.

Mrs Owl has taken to looking at my pics I take for the thread. So I have to be careful.

It's a small step from looking at the pictures to reading the text. I expect Mrs Owl is contemplating joining Thai Visa right now. What do you think will be her name and avatar Owl. By the way, I would appreciate a drone pic of that solar cell place 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

It's a small step from looking at the pictures to reading the text. I expect Mrs Owl is contemplating joining Thai Visa right now. What do you think will be her name and avatar Owl. By the way, I would appreciate a drone pic of that solar cell place 

I think the user name 'Hoots Mon' would be appropriate.

As for the avatar, judging from Owl's posts -  what kind of creature could give a withering look and strike terror at 200 metres?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If you add these to your collection I think you'll be safe:

ugly woman funny ugly people pictures (12) - TopBestPics.com   Funny Ugly People - YouTube

Funny Mug Shots: 20 of Worst, Bad & Crazy! - Team Jimmy Joe   funny while girl pretty ugly - YouTube

Thanks Bluesofa.

The one with the big teeth could be Ok for me. But, I look more closely, and I see she has her eyebrows  tattooed. I like a natural lady.

• Haha 2