Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

32 minutes ago, bannork said:

Andrew, do you remember the poster who won POTY a few years back, an American who spent part of his youth in Central or South America. He had his own writing style, Jack Kerouac meets Hunter Thompson meets Henry Miller. Lots of stories, mainly involving young women. He posted regularly on the 60s music thread, he was living in Suphanburi with some woman, I gathered he wasn't in the best of health. I just realized he hasn't posted for months. What was his name?

Tutsiwarrior ?

Just checked, he hasn’t visited since July 2020, hopefully all is well .

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sotonowl said:

Exercise during lockdown. What with the weather starting to brighten up slightly, and a feeling that spring will soon be in the air I thought I'd better get moving again. What with lockdown and winter it's easy to become static and seize up. I went the whole hog and bought myself a push bike which got delivered the middle of last week. I'd been trying to build myself up to taking it out for a run but I was just a little apprehensive. It's ages since I rode a bike, but as they say, you never forget how to. Then one evening during the weekend. After suddenly realising I'd ran out of wine and gin I decided to get it out and cycle along to the Co-Op, which was fine getting there. After buying a bottle of white wine and a half bottle of gin it was only when I went to get back on my bike that I realised this wasn't going to be easy, cycling and trying to keep hold of the bag with the bottles in. I could see myself having an accident on the way back home. After giving the problem a little thought, the obvious solution was to drink both the wine and the gin outside the shop. This took me the best part of a hour to do but I was so glad I did it as I fell off the bike 7 times whilst cycling home. I find that all problems can be resolved if you just take the time to think them through.

You silly man that could have been fatal you could have died of alcohol poisoning.How's the gravel rash?????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Pook (Mrs Owl's sister) 'borrowed' 100 metres of pipe for her farm. They were using 16mm and ours was 20mm. I told Mrs Owl that she would need to use different connectors. "Pook's husband clever. Good farmer." I'll have a little look later today to see how they overcame the difference.

My guess will be the tried and true rubber tube tied around the join technique would be my guess and b_gger the wasted water leaking out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

My guess will be the tried and true rubber tube tied around the join technique would be my guess and b_gger the wasted water leaking out.

Went and had a look tonight. 

No sign of the 20mm pipe. It looks as though they have finished installing. Should get my pipe returned soon. 

1562547143_Pookspipes03.png.f06fb8bd51d9c8a239a2163ed839b0a2.png

1277437720_Pookspipes04.png.b47902286b45b3a0c0420d13675633c9.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I finish applying shellac to the wood bits but one of them seems to have gone MIA!My part of the shed has be taken over to store hay bales so assembly is now processed in front of the ablution block!Notice how the angle of the sun provides some additional effects in the third photo.

DSC02134.thumb.JPG.ebce29b1f3dc7cd0432790ed29eaf24b.JPGDSC02135.thumb.JPG.3183f68b6ec0325c12d377ea2283f03a.JPGDSC02136.thumb.JPG.eb187ff1be543523b2723f3a7c3ba34d.JPG 

Grab rails ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Assuming there were no buyers for it.

I'm sure I will get it back. But I've no use for it really. It's cheap enough; about one baht a metre from DoHome.

Did a vid' today at the farm. I'm thinking that if I want to do more, I'll need a video editing programme. I'll look on the internet for an easy to use one.

Edited by owl sees all

When do you get your own chat show on TV - that's TV for television or Thai Visa.

Whichever it is, will you be telling fishing jokes too?

Will you do the one about the underwater motorbike - a motorsickle and a side-carp

Two goldfish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "You drive, I'll fire the guns."

Two parrots sitting on a perch. One says, “Can you smell fish?”

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

When do you get your own chat show on TV - that's TV for television or Thai Visa.

Whichever it is, will you be telling fishing jokes too?

Will you do the one about the underwater motorbike - a motorsickle and a side-carp

Two goldfish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "You drive, I'll fire the guns."

Two parrots sitting on a perch. One says, “Can you smell fish?”

I don't think I've got the voice for chatting on TV. 

Two snowmen in a Dagenham garden. One turns to the other and says; "Can you smell carrots?"

Another Dagenham joke; man says to his wife in the back of their Ford Cortina:

"Oooh Sharon. In that position you remind me of ya sister."

"Really; that's what all ya friends say."

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 2

In an effort to further understand this strange owl I’m going to watch this movie later tonight... Though their top buttons seem to work ok which might disappoint some... ????

It’s on Australia’s SBS online app, and is free to stream, at least in Australia it is. 

D796F3DD-2868-4501-97C4-79D962BF9AEA.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPriority said:

In an effort to further understand this strange owl I’m going to watch this movie later tonight... Though their top buttons seem to work ok which might disappoint some... ????

It’s on Australia’s SBS online app, and is free to stream, at least in Australia it is. 

D796F3DD-2868-4501-97C4-79D962BF9AEA.jpeg

Good and true.

I think the strike lasted years.

Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

DSCN0759.JPG

I was driving through the Scottish Highlands in 94 with my then wife and she mentioned something about “hairy cows”, “Never heard of em, ease up on the drugs” I said...

Go around the next corner and one of these bastards was looking at me ! ????????

Edited by HighPriority
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Yes! Thanks Ody.

Reasonably pleased with our plantation. Looking forward to the future with them. Will do a walk-through vid' next week, and try to keep it between 40 and 60 seconds. Don't want to bore the loyal readers and posters. I'll get Mildred to do a commentary.

Went into number two farm this evening to pick up rubbish that had blown in. The euca tree on the corner was planted in May 2019, so 20 months young.

2135708604_talleuca.png.3a7c738722924288f4b3389abacbe665.png

Make sure you collect the seeds Mr Owl as Dashy would have advised for breeding purposes.Looks like it could be a winning genetic stock although Dashy would have had to wait for 6 years for his native orchids to flower to see if he had a winning breed and because they produce so many seeds he reckoned he flushed most of the winning seeds down the sink.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

approaching catastrophic  accident and he would casually look at said approaching accident and casually take the necessary evasive actions whilst I casually shat my pants.

Ha..ha..ha...Australia used to be full of such eccentrics.My father called 'em Billy Borkers but I don't know why..

Time for a refreshing ale,I think..

DSCN0831.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't want to bore the loyal readers and posters

Having failed in my life long goal to achieve the elusive state of boredom I give you a medal if you're ever successful at boring my Mr Owl.Something wrong with people who get bored.

• Like 1