Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

33 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No good telling us now you've been released. Could have popped along to see you with some grapes, and a bottle of my reishi wine. And of course some Essex girl jokes to cheer you up.

Hospitals give me the creeps. In fact there was a hospital in Romford named 'Oldchurch'. Generally known as the 'place of no return'. Spent ten weeks in there as a kid (one of the lucky ones to get out), before being sent to Dartmoor for the summer to recover.

Heathercombe Break School - Dartmoor

79616130_HBSchool-cropped.thumb.png.8faf442a738230f8e20328ed9ce8ec40.png

Mildred was born at Ban Dung Hospital, so I can't say bad stuff about that one.

Don't let the jabbers get ya Bannork.

I registered for the vaccine but how long is a piece of string? Over a year I reckon. I received good treatment as both an in and out patient, I love the way relatives are encouraged to stay with the patient. Can't do that in Udon.

Where is that temple you recently posted?

School starts on Monday, got to deliver and collect 6 kids. That bridge is not got to be finished on time;

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

No good telling us now you've been released. Could have popped along to see you with some grapes, and a bottle of my reishi wine. And of course some Essex girl jokes to cheer you up.

Hospitals give me the creeps. In fact there was a hospital in Romford named 'Oldchurch'. Generally known as the 'place of no return'. Spent ten weeks in there as a kid (one of the lucky ones to get out), before being sent to Dartmoor for the summer to recover.

Heathercombe Break School - Dartmoor

79616130_HBSchool-cropped.thumb.png.8faf442a738230f8e20328ed9ce8ec40.png

Mildred was born at Ban Dung Hospital, so I can't say bad stuff about that one.

Don't let the jabbers get ya Bannork.

I remember Oldchurch hospital, what a grim place that was, I always thought it ironic that just over the road was the local abattoir ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Where is that temple you recently posted?

The temple is 800 metres east of the T-junction going into Sum Sao on the 2022.

1135624633_ScreenshotofSumSaobuddha.jpg.9c23c785e6c42ec71e59a253635283b2.jpg

1185988944_Buddhaon2022.png.bbe396e4ff6fbbf637aa6043c59ad264.png

The co-ords are:

17,34,50 N ---------- 102,59,43 E

Have to cut me a bit of slack on this sort of thing. This Linux is doing me brain in.

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes! Squeezed in between the brewery, the gas works, the railway line and the abattoir.

I think it's got better in recent years. My sister went in five years ago, with a broken leg, and came out complaining of belly ache. Lovely lad he is. Leg's much improved too.

My now brother in law used to live just off Crow lane, his road was a dead end due to the huge railway embankment, the Ahern's ( skip business ) was further down Crow lane, if I remember right the cemetery was on crow lane as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

The Ballad of Yinn

There once was a contest, 

in the not so distant past

that started out nice and easy

but gradually got going real fast

As Proud Mary would say

it got rollin,  rollin ...

Till many got into the fray

( and i ain't trollin

Words were flying like arrows

a real lively free for all

The meek flew away like sparrows

but there were two who refused to fall

Yes, the 2019 Poty

(poster of the year, for those in the dark)

brought out Poets and Punsters,

guys who made love in dumpsters,

but now has been erased from our history

So Superman was slain by a Lady 

or was it really a she ?

I could tell you for sure

cause i stood at their door

But really,  why kill the mystery ??

I think you missed your vocation, am I allowed to say that I also heard that it was a bloke but for me origin unknown, I think the idea was to kill the POTY competition, it seems to have worked ???? please tell me if I need to delete this post ????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

I am certainly NOT the one deleting posts about this subject.   There are a few very sensitive folks who may have had "unpleasant interactions"  with this young lady  person.

*this post will self destruct in 20 seconds *

I was more concerned about broaching a taboo subject, I wish mine would self destruct sometimes ????????????

Let's change the subject, eh? We all know what'll happen after all. 

This is on topic - sort of, coz there are monkeys here.

Matty Hancock says there's an outbreak of Monkeypox in the UK.

Vaccines at the ready boys....????????????

• Like 1

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

I was more concerned about broaching a taboo subject, I wish mine would self destruct sometimes ????????????

haha    only once or twice i could not get to "edit"  in time.     I clicked on report and asked for it to be deleted.

11 minutes ago, faraday said:

Let's change the subject, eh? We all know what'll happen after all. 

This is on topic - sort of, coz there are monkeys here.

Matty Hancock says there's an outbreak of Monkeypox in the UK.

Vaccines at the ready boys....????????????

I thought you were joking so I looked it up. Bloody hell, I think I'd prefer covid ...

The arms and legs of a 4-year-old girl with monkeypox in Liberia

Looks similar to the cattle disease that's going around just now.

Edited by chickenslegs

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

I think that the photos are improving OWL...which is good to see as they are essential to your narrative.

The format is quite revolutionary in its own way and a very enjoyable read.Many thanks for your time and effort....

I guess these eucalypts have contrived a Darwinian response to the threat of your secateurs????

DSCN1198.JPG

OK then Ody. That pic (above) is a stunner. It weighs in at 2.3meg. I copied it and put it through 'pix'. Reduced down to 800x600, with the highest quality. This 800x600 size I have used for thousands of pic's with 'paint' and achieved very good results.

988388472_eucatreeOdy800.JPG.a06e86a39cc3a55ba12768888a4573db.JPG

Just not good enough to post. I don't want to doubt myself. I think the Linux app 'pix' is simply not good enough. I'll try 'shutter'; which is also in the Linux bank.

If anyone can give me an insight into 'pix' I'll be more than pleased.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Well I think 'The old Dinasaurs' did a wrong un.

Yinn was a good read. Made things interesting. Some of the more 'unique' posters have gone walkies; Even Stevens, Ray2702, Zerchnov and Scottie John spring to mind.

I thought that the poster who compered that election did a very good job-but I have forgotten his name-certainly the whole thing was quite ferocious and POTY seems to have disappeared.

The World News has also gone and I miss "Morch" and "Simple1" as they were excellent posters.

The photo of the eucalypts was taken from a car at speed..but these two are static.(the usual slight drop to the right)

DSCN1257.JPG

DSCN1259.JPG

• Like 2

Perhaps we could have a WOTY?

There are many candidates.

Or TOTY....best trolling story?

On another forum, many years ago there was a thread from a guy who alleged he'd bought a new Audi.

It was all bolleuax, but made for interesting reading.

Back on topic....????????

Still raining, but it's nice & cool.

Allegedly, the builder is coming round tomorrow to sort out the drains, which don't do their job properly.. i.e, drain. ????

Doubt he'll come though....????️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

So you are saying the popular democraticly elected leader was stripped of her title, silenced and sent into exile by a small but powerful minority that we are not allowed to name?

And they are now refusing a new election using the reason the yellow side and the red side bicker too much and they just want to bring peace to the people? 

That is really funny.

Not sure if you are using some high level strength sarcasm to gain a laugh or you truly do not know who is being discussed here ??

24 minutes ago, faraday said:

Perhaps we could have a WOTY?

There are many candidates.

Or TOTY....best trolling story?

On another forum, many years ago there was a thread from a guy who alleged he'd bought a new Audi.

It was all bolleuax, but made for interesting reading.

Back on topic....????????

Still raining, but it's nice & cool.

Allegedly, the builder is coming round tomorrow to sort out the drains, which don't do their job properly.. i.e, drain. ????

Doubt he'll come though....????️

You have my vote for MOTY.

After you finish your traineeship that is. 

Ask you builder to show you his spirit level. They are too lazy to use them, always do the drains by eye, and the result is, the drains don't drain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1