Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

8 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What about freelance hat ladies?Any fears about them spreading stuff by bumping lumps?

Ah.."Bumping Lumps"(vernacular)...it's been with us for countless generations..I can't see it being eradicated soon.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Could be the recent injections about a week ago which I remember getting in trouble for not assisting and the pustules do erupt as is happening with the young red cow but she doesn't have so many. The 2 other cows are one with a calf and another is pregnant and I know the the pregnant cow didn't get the injection and doesn't seem to display any symptoms same with the cow with the calf although I'm not she if she got a jab but she also doesn't show any symptoms, so I'll check with misses FFF tonight and let her know and see what happens.

If it's widespread in Thailand I'd say the Gov jab is a possible cause. I've already denied misses FFF's offer to register for the Covid vax saying I've already had it and probably wouldn't get one anyway not for this and not with the coercion going on.I notice the Buri Ram threat of gaol story has disappeared without trace.Oooops I see HP has warned me not to get you started so I'll just leave it there.

Thanks for the reply FFF.

On the whole animals are subject to similar basic body functions as humans. And although all creature's physiology differ they are basically similar. A cow, just like us, has two maintenance systems working in parallel; chemical and electrical. Problems arise when either, or both, are out of sync.

Cows will jog along, and prosper on good food nutrients, clean water and being free from toxins. However, even a minuscule amount of toxin, say from an injection, can cause the cow's  maintenance chemical system to go crazy. The infected sites are then flooded with repair cells. They attack the damaged cells and dissipate the toxin. This mush of toxicity, cells and body tissue is then eliminated from the body. When the skin erupts into a 'rash' it is a good sign that the body's maintenance is doing as best it can.

You might have put your finger on the answer FFF. But! Look at the other aspects to the cow's well-being. Check on food. Check on water, and the other essentials for a happy cow life that we looked at in an earlier post.

If you could FFF. Find out what the injection the cow had was for. Also what dose was administered. I don't suppose the vial is laying about?

Just on the point of pustules. In themselves they are a positive sign; but must look out for infections setting in if they begin to weep. Clear away any decay matter and keep the area clean!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Made up a reishi brew. Ting (the hat girl) gave me so many reishi strips that I made a really strong elixir.

So it's Ting now is it?This is heading straight into "danger Will Robinson" territory!

Mr Owl I spoke with Mrs FFF and she said it's a brand new disease and they say it's spread by flies and mozzies.Flies I here you inquire?Yes they have what we call March flies in Oz don't ask why they call them March flies,we also have some nasty little blood sucking flies that look similar to your average common fly but they are definitely not your common fly and they hang around the cows.As for cleaning away the decaying matter,BS in other terms, I do this every so often, well maybe not often but every so anyway, and I could tell what an ordeal it is.I have cleared a 2m by 1m area and got 18 bags of manure and I'm not even into the thick stuff yet.

49 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I bought a pair of cutters (secateurs as my mother used to refer to them) a couple of years ago from Globalhouse.

The only ones they had for sale were Chinese. The price for some reason has stuck in my mind - 95 Baht. I bought a pair.

They lasted almost a couple of months. For 95 Baht you could tell they were manufactured by price, not quality.

Initially I noticed 'Japan' on the packet of your purchase, and thought it would make them a bargain at 104 Baht.

Then I saw it actually says 'Japan pattern', which I bet sadly means they must be from the same place as mine were.

Let us know how well they fare.

Might start to use them today. Rear view.

1744875499_sogocuttersinfo02.thumb.png.a0c7dad319e34fa3c55f2d0272def0ca.png

www.shintystargroup.com

They look robust enough. Let you all know after trials at the farm.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I remember as a kid the phrase "Siberian sh** shoveler" it's rather ironic that I have become an Isaanian sh** shoveler! Some may laugh who don't understand how to convert cow manure into money.

Indeed!

Mrs Owl buys buffalo poo from a near-by farm. I think cow poo is just as good; if not better, but it's not so available.

This disease that Mrs FFF mentioned. Can't say anything here; but PM me FFF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

www.shintystargroup.com

Sorry guys: www.shinystargroup.com

http://www.shinystargroup.com/en/products_detail.php?pid=3

277936584_cutters000.png.1832db5de2cf2a187acb8d8fe728d654.png

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

www.shintystargroup.com

Took me ages to see clearly when I zoomed in (second line of text at the bottom).

They're made in China.

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

...  My new cutters arrived. They were marked up at 185 baht. I got them on a special offer; 104 baht, and that included delivery. No wonder many shops are struggling. What with covid and now the rapid growth of internet shopping!  ...

I have several pair of that style I've accumulated over the years.  FELCO brand from Switzerland. Love 'em. I got my first pair around 1976 and still as good as new.  The model I have currently sells for about 1,700 Baht in the U.S. I have some #2s and maybe a #8. 

Compare Felco Pruners – Garden Tool Company

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Tallest tree in NSW just north of Bulahdelah just off the Princess Hwy they even have a nice picnic area, well worth a look if you're in the area.

Thanks for the info.....

Buladelah is well within my bailiwick being about an hours drive south of town.

• Like 1

I just missed you then, I lived in Brizzul from '92 until 2008.

Ahh yes, Clifton Downs... lovely.

Some great cafes on Gloucester Road for a decent fry-up!

Did you ever see 'The Line' in St Paul's?

The drug dealers used to line up either side of the road by the Black & White cafe, selling Class A's - not my cup o' tea though.

Loved living there in Westbury on Trym, but got divorced & then later, made a new life here.

@bannork

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, faraday said:

I just missed you then, I lived in Brizzul from '92 until 2008.

Ahh yes, Clifton Downs... lovely.

Some great cafes on Gloucester Road for a decent fry-up!

Did you ever see 'The Line' in St Paul's?

The drug dealers used to line up either side of the road by the Black & White cafe, selling Class A's - not my cup o' tea though.

Loved living there in Westbury on Trym, but got divorced & then later, made a new life here.

@bannork

From 1974- 78 I lived on Ashley Road at 127, almost opposite the Black and White cafe. Hungry one day, I walked into the cafe and ordered beans on toast. Funny, I thought, everyone's black, but I didn't think anything more of it, in Hull I had never seen a black face and as a kid I lived in Nigeria so I wasn't fazed being the only white. Time went by, 15 minutes, half an hour, fifty minutes and nothing came. I got the picture and walked out. My first lesson in racism.

• Like 2