Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

When he's banned we usually hear from his French pal.

It's even odds that he's run off with the hat lady.

I think the powers that be had at some point looked to close a certain loophole such that banned means banned. I don't think Owl's  special close friend  Voulez Vouz has been seen for a while but I could be wrong.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, faraday said:

Still here, been in hospital for a few days having a Microdisectomy. Pain free at the moment after bloody months of hobbling about, like a pensioner..

Oh...wait, I am one...????????????

good to hear that the pain seems to have alleviated.     I have had back pain......... so know how it can make life miserable.

good luck on the recovery !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, owl sees all said:

I'm absolutely devastated. So sudden. So fit too.

He was talking about coming to see me at my place once C-19 was done and dusted.

I've got some lovely pics to remind me of him.

This one is on my desktop. Lovely.

120081167_rowofeucas.jpg.7b556ae3876c428fc648ab775a5a75dc.jpg

RIP.

i was stunned too.   I just really wonder what could have caused such a sudden downfall.

Thanks for the poster that looked back and found the news on page 38.     ahhh    chickenslegs   

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Stop moaning Faraday, at least you can hobble about, better than being stuck in bed, or in a chair.????????????????

Get well soon mate, we are all rooting for you.????

Good to see you're still rooting Col!

Edit: gees that comment can be taken numerous way especially if you have a mate named Col!

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I’m especially glad you didn’t call him Colin…????

Ha Ha! Col is also short for Colleen!Of course I realised this after realising my gender bias and politically incorrectness.I suffer from PI.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

remember Bucks Fizz and the girls ripping off their skirts, but Lulu made an everlasting impression on 13-year-old me. She's still gorgeous at 70+.

Lulu turns 70 TODAY: Best pictures of singer as she celebrates her 70th  birthday | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

Yes, the skirt ripping moment....????

I think until then, I looked a girl's as interesting but a bit annoying, after that I kind of woke up. ????????

Didn't Sir Cliff have a hit with "The Khiddy & The Fiddler" or some such title?

Jokes aside, it was all 'good clean fun' then, & while change is inevitable, change for changes sake, isn't.

Although some of you may know different, there doesn't appear to have been the radical social changes here, that occurred - & continue thus, in farangistan. 

After all, women's lib never happened here...

Thoughts/experience anyone?

Edited by faraday
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 8:18 AM, bannork said:

Having recently spent a week in Ban Dung hospital due to crushing my left hand in a sugar cane cutting machine

No good telling us now you've been released. Could have popped along to see you with some grapes, and a bottle of my reishi wine. And of course some Essex girl jokes to cheer you up.

Hospitals give me the creeps. In fact there was a hospital in Romford named 'Oldchurch'. Generally known as the 'place of no return'. Spent ten weeks in there as a kid (one of the lucky ones to get out), before being sent to Dartmoor for the summer to recover.

Heathercombe Break School - Dartmoor

79616130_HBSchool-cropped.thumb.png.8faf442a738230f8e20328ed9ce8ec40.png

Mildred was born at Ban Dung Hospital, so I can't say bad stuff about that one.

Don't let the jabbers get ya Bannork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1