Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

On 6/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, owl sees all said:

Thanks for that grin.

I just want a simple prog' that will let me cut out bits I don't want.

What do you suggest?

VidCutter should be fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Considering your frequent absences from this most popular thread in the past months I'm not sure if I should respond my friend, ???? anyway, suffice to say that even after our visit to the local private hospital I'm still none the wiser as to whether myself and Mrs GT are still on any list anymore, there is a thread going that I have replied to explaining my adventures this afternoon, and as an end note I would just like to point out that we move in different spheres, you live in a small village where most people aren't overly familiar or concerned about the virus, and although I live well out of the city of Pattaya I or my Mrs  has to run the gauntlet when it comes to shopping etc, which is not a good feeling for either of us, but at nearly 68, overweight a bit & suffering from hypertension it's a lot easier for the Mrs to do the shopping than me.

Anyway mate have a good evening, enjoy the Reishi wine ???? I'm having a large G & T ????

It's certainly a different world where you are GT. Big C, Tescos and 7/11, all require mask wearing. Not a big deal for me that. Fortunately not in the 20 Baht shop. Bought a nice 5 metre rule there yesterday. Once out of the towns into the villages, few to  be seen.

I'll be making a Reishi brew later this morning; after catching up on Monday's Richie Allen show. Mrs Owl makes a chlorophyll drink that is quite refreshing also. A squeeze of lemon gives it a bit extra tang. Only drink cola very occasionally (and always with a meal) and I think my last beer was in 2020.

Each to his own. Whatever jab you do go with; good luck to you and Mrs GT.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Did you manage to check out if the Hat Lady had any leaking pipes?

TBH Kadilo, I was more concerned with getting some nice pics for the thread. Thirty extra minutes just whizzed by. After all a nice lady is nice; but a good story is invaluable.

But! I might call in this afternoon to see if she has put aside the orange trilby for me. If I can get away early that is. It's a bit pricey at 129 baht. I'll try to get her down a bit. Maybe do a deal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

. I'll try to get her down a bit.

I’m sure you will. ????

Great pics/video btw. Nice to see some real Thailand whilst stuck over here. Much appreciated as always. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I agree about buffaloes being more placid than cows. I've been knocked off my bicycle by a cow because they were jostling for position in the road while approaching me. I'm quite comfortable riding alongside/weaving my way through 20-30 buffaloes,  with their dangerous looking horns and all. Also, buffaloes don't seem to be spooked by dogs but cows are IMHO.

Man was trampled to death by some cows in Sussex, England, this week.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, owl sees all said:

Man was trampled to death by some cows in Sussex, England, this week.

It wasn't me!Although I did get in trouble for the cows escaping our yard today,bloody things jumped the gate! 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Sitting in a nice park in Aberdeen.  Looks like they are goi g to start a game of cricket soon. Lovely setting. Shame it’s only about 10 degrees C. Don’t stop the Scots having picnics all over the place.

10C is ideal for a picnic in Scotland. Any warmer and you'll get bitten to death by the midgies.

58 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

10C is ideal for a picnic in Scotland. Any warmer and you'll get bitten to death by the midgies.

Nah not in these parts. I think it’s during certain months, September springs to mind. 

11 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah on the scale of reasons to  not return that was probably number 3,000

I think 2997.

You just rounded it up Kadilo. Must strive for accuracy. Don't want to give misinformation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Another reason never to go back to the UK again. Although I lived in a city and never encountered cows on a daily basis.

The guy that got trampled to death was walking a pathway across some field.

I once saw a cow pick a lock, using her tongue, to escape the yard. It's on YT; I'll dig it out.

Clever animals; cows. Of course I'm referring to English cows. Not sure about the Thai cows. They seem quite docile to me. Compared to my wife that is.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth this time. If we lose to the Germans he will be under the same amount of same pressure Matt Handjob is.

Mattie has resigned.

Didn't get the full SP, but he got caught not social distancing I hear. Don't know why he didn't just pay the fine, and carry on protecting the UK people.

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Mattie has resigned.

Didn't get the full SP, but he got caught not social distancing I hear. Don't know why he didn't just pay the fine, and carry on protecting the UK people.

Apparently there is a big investigation going on into why there was a camera in his office & who leaked it to The Sun newspaper, a former health secretary and holder of 5 cabinet posts says there were never ever cameras in ministers officers, could there be the smell of skullduggery ??

On a separate point, I agree that he should have stayed but people ( mainly the opposition ) are saying that you can't tell the great British public to do something then totally ignore those rules / regulations, I think that is fair comment. ????

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Apparently there is a big investigation going on into why there was a camera in his office & who leaked it to The Sun newspaper, a former health secretary and holder of 5 cabinet posts says there were never ever cameras in ministers officers, could there be the smell of skullduggery ??

On a separate point, I agree that he should have stayed but people ( mainly the opposition ) are saying that you can't tell the great British public to do something then totally ignore those rules / regulations, I think that is fair comment. ????

I've just updated my knowledge base.

The powers-that-be couldn't get rid of him due to bad decisions. They had to get him on something else.

I think you are probably correct GT. Skullduggery is still alive and kicking in the house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

He didn’t have a lot of choice. Even his own MPs were turning against him. 
He is a disgrace. Telling others they could not hug another, could not attend funerals, calling out the likes of. Neil Ferguson to resign and all the time he was s.hagging  his bit on the side who he made a paid director (more to come for sure)

Aside from being a cheating tosser to a wife of 15 years and lying about protecting vulnerable people in care homes and awarding contracts to friends and family. 

Who cares how they got the cctv footage. Good luck to them. These a holes think  they are above the laws that they themselves make. 

Yeah he should have stayed on…….

He was only following orders.

Interesting to hear what his replacement says.

Huge demo' in London yesterday.

22 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

He was only following orders.

Interesting to hear what his replacement says.

Huge demo' in London yesterday.

They have given it to Javid. Massive job to walk into. 
Handjob has left the department on a mess after his misdemeanours. 
Luckily we are nearing the end as far as vaccines and lockdowns go as evidently the only jab Handjob was really interested in was the pork injection he was giving his bit on the side. 

Not a bad gig for  her. £20,000 a year for 20 hours work courtesy of the British tax payer. 

3 kids each and a husband/wife 

to pick up the pieces. Lovely people. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

They have given it to Javid. Massive job to walk into. 
Handjob has left the department on a mess after his misdemeanours. 
Luckily we are nearing the end as far as vaccines and lockdowns go as evidently the only jab Handjob was really interested in was the pork injection he was giving his not on the side. 

Just seen a pic of his (Handcock) wife. She doesn't appear unduly flustered. Just very serious.

Divorce on the cards!?

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Just seen a pic of his (Handcock) wife. She doesn't appear unduly flustered. Just very serious.

Divorce on the cards!?

Yeah he’s left her already and apparently he’s “in love” with his new floosie. 
Obviously the footage obtained from May 6th was the first time they had got up close ????

Im sure the Sun will have some follow up pics/video which

Is prob he’s jumped ship before the rest becomes public. Let’s hope it’s not of him banging her over the office table. 

Now he’s gone hopefully  the press will leave his wife and kids in peace  and hound him for all he’s worth instead. 

Then the truth out about how she miraculously become the best choice for her new role. The pad Director i mean not the paid mistress. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1