Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Usually when you put concrete everywhere you can stop pruning cutting and removing weeds.  Does not look really green afterwards but its a permanent fix ????

The greeks in Oz say "I came I saw I concreted" Then I painted it green!

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Usually when you put concrete everywhere you can stop pruning cutting and removing weeds.  Does not look really green afterwards but its a permanent fix ????

Sorry, meant how high up the tree, silly me forgot the important bit 555

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The greeks in Oz say "I came I saw I concreted" Then I painted it green!

Veni et vidi concreta et viridis picto eam!

From memory, of course..????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Unlikely friends..

Raven and magpie.

DSCN1068.JPG

Go the Pies!Did you know there are Black magpies and there are White magpies and the the border between them is the Hawkesbury river?Can't remember which side of the river they live on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Go the Pies!Did you know there are Black magpies and there are White magpies and the the border between them is the Hawkesbury river?Can't remember which side of the river they live on.

I didn't know that!

I must admit that I have not seen a white magpie-most of them come in their standard outfit of top hat,white tie and tails and perform Busby Berkeley numbers on my side fence.

7 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I didn't know that!

ome in their standard outfit of top hat,white tie and tails and perform Busby Berkeley numbers on my side fence.

Wasn't sure if I was being had a lend of but even wikipedia says there are!

The Australian magpie was subdivided into three species in the literature for much of the twentieth century—the black-backed magpie (G. tibicen), the white-backed magpie (G. hypoleuca), and the western magpie (G. dorsalis).[26] They were later noted to hybridise readily where their territories crossed, with hybrid grey or striped-backed magpies being quite common. This resulted in them being reclassified as one species by Julian Ford in 1969,[27] with most recent authors following suit.[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_magpie

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

"Not a drum was heard nor a bugle note

As the topic's corpse to the rampart we carried..

Not a poster typed his farewell post

o'er the thread where our hero was buried....

...we raised not a stone we carved not a line

but we left it alone in it's glory...."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Hope all is well

Going okay..

I hope that I will get a photo of the 'Grandis Ode' tomorrow-tho' the weather has been rather cold and rainy..still, hopefully the vertically enhanced gum tree will stay on it's best behaviour for the occasion..

How are things going over there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Going okay..

I hope that I will get a photo of the 'Grandis Ode' tomorrow-tho' the weather has been rather cold and rainy..still, hopefully the vertically enhanced gum tree will stay on it's best behaviour for the occasion..

How are things going over there?

We are back in lockdown here so it's a bit strange. Cold here too. I love working from home though. Nice to go to Thailand .. maybe 2022 now

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

We are back in lockdown here so it's a bit strange. Cold here too. I love working from home though. Nice to go to Thailand .. maybe 2022 now

Best of luck down there!Yes,I guess you are now entering the inclement season with a vengeance.

Stay well,stay safe...my friend.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

who was it that knew Assourance (spelling wrong i'm sure)............... the bicycle rider.

i messaged with him a few time.     He told me he was feeling VERY tired.   Then he passed away.       Anyone can tell me what happenned ,  what illness ?

• Like 2