Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

9 minutes ago, champers said:

I remember when he was World Champ it came out there was some Indian ancestry. Goggle will know.

“Johnson owns a snooker club called Cue Gardens in Bradford and runs a coaching academy. When Johnson is away commentating for Eurosport, Richard Harrison runs the snooker academy.[3]Adopted at birth - his biological father was Malik Farook, of Pakistani descent - [1] Johnson is married with five sons and two daughters.[18]

according to Wiki 

beat to to it champers 

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
slow off the mark

13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yeah, he even has a slight Pakistani look about him ????

I think more like Turkish. Just like Boris. Don't think related though.

Edited by owl sees all

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I think more like Turkish. Just like Boris. Don't think related though.

I rather fancy that Boris sees himself as a latter day 

Roman Republican,  after his "return to my plough" comment a few years ago:

"If, like Cincinnatus, I were to be called from my plough"

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/charlottehigginsblog/2009/apr/27/classics-boris

NB. Surprisingly, this was more than a "few years ago", it was 2009. Doesn't time fly, when one is being worried about Covid...

:laugh:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Owl Log - 18-12-2020 - Friday morning

{snipped}

Then I wired them up. Perfect! I started the pump. Double the flow at the same pump revolutions. Mrs Owl was pleased with my efforts. I could be in luck later. The way to an Isaan lady's heart is more flow.

More flow - I thought that was down to Tamosolin? Those not in the know can google it.

34 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

More flow - I thought that was down to Tamosolin? Those not in the know can google it.

The thing is this.

The pump will do more work if the engine side is working harder. However, it is not a good idea to stop the pressure of water within the pump. So a little bit of squirting out here and there is OK. The flow, with this set up, is about 40 liters a minute. The same pump at the same speed will pump 240 liters a minute through a two inch diameter pipe. 

So even now it is terribly wasteful. Really, it the wrong type of pump for a garden hose. But this is Thailand after all.

I'm looking at a solar pump. One that floats on the water.

Well Yippee, seldom does my little footy team win and seldom do I post, well we won today so I thought I'd go for the double.

In line with recent discussions with reference to snooker and wood I have recently found myself in the market for a new snooker cue. Whilst surfing around the internet looking for a bargain I came across a few mentions of Thai manufacturers. A company called Maximus apparently makes really good cues. Not sure what part of the country the factory is but was wondering if anyone else had heard of them? I could potentially get one bought in LOS and get it sent over maybe if the price is right or should I just stop being a perisher and buy one in the UK. The problem is of course, I'm a Yorkshire man (again recently mentioned) and I just can't help myself.

Anyway, happy 3 points, I can feel the alcohol calling.????

UTO, FTb, WAWAW & WTID. 

• Like 1

All farmers love rain-within limits...

We have had between 350-400 ml in my rural area in OZ over the last 7 days-the earth is so thirsty that it is just lapping it up-NO bushfires this year and the next thank God....

I note that the rain has spread right across the country-up to the "Top End" where HP resides..

Regards to all and wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

DSCN0508.JPG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I see you've put some red and white lights around the vent pipe for your septic tank. Very festive!

Repeat after me...boring...but monstrously.Englishy boring.

Have you ever taken a photo in your life or ever contributed to anything??

Nevertheless, all the very best for Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Repeat after me...boring...but monstrously.Englishy boring.

Have you ever taken a photo in your life or ever contributed to anything??

Nevertheless, all the very best for Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thanks!

Didn't you see my photo a couple of posts before yours, of the solar hot water experiment in the garden? It wasn't taken at night though and  I didn't have 100 metres of lights to put on the LDPE pipe!

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks!

Didn't you see my photo a couple of posts before yours, of the solar hot water experiment in the garden? It wasn't taken at night though and  I didn't have 100 metres of lights to put on the LDPE pipe!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

You will get  it in the end.

Best of luck with your water pipe...sigh...

14 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Nice post as always Owl! How much do you think it cost to have those houses built (exclusive of the land)? 

House building in these parts is very cheap. The houses presented would average out at about 600k baht. The second one down was not a complete new build.

It depends if a builder is engaged or the family muck in.

Bluesofa would be the guy the ask.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2