Who want to work in the 3 world country

1 hour ago, secondfusilier said:

Where are you referring to because Thailand is not a third world country ?

Please define a first and a third world country, what's the differences. Than we can make our own judgement.

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Please define a first and a third world country, what's the differences. Than we can make our own judgement.

Because Thailand did not initially join the Allies or the Communism Bloc, it is a Third World country. Thailand is considered to be a developing country or more accurately a New Industrialized Country. This means that Thailand has advanced farther relative to other countries, but has not yet reached the level of modern industrialized nations, such as the Western Nations. A large part of Thailand is still poor and rural.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Because Thailand did not initially join the Allies or the Communism Bloc, it is a Third World country. Thailand is considered to be a developing country or more accurately a New Industrialized Country. This means that Thailand has advanced farther relative to other countries, but has not yet reached the level of modern industrialized nations, such as the Western Nations. A large part of Thailand is still poor and rural.

Second and a half?

20 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Really?

4 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Then financially you wasted a few years of your working life.

I will not work for a pittance, we're not put on this earth to waste it working. I work in mostly s****y countries but for a lot of money, not interested in any of the culture of the places i work. Will use the money earn to visit where i want.

Horses for courses....

Definitely horses for courses...

I know guys with great jobs here, advertising, marketing, lawyers, Oil industry professionals etc... their tax here is less than the UK while the salaries are similar. 

But like you, would move if the work / pay was sh!##y. Unlike you they enjoy Thailand (Bangkok) and being here is a preference. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Trolleen said:

Have people from Europe work as 200.000 baht per months. They never gets problems with immigration because the company take care. It is not many but very few. The most Europeans gets problems in Thai costume because immigration thinks they work in Thailand . What people who have no big experiences can get in Thailand  200.000 baht per month.some can get  50.000 per months? Who want to work for it?'why stop the tourist of false accusations of working here?

48 hours per week. NoI vacation. No pension

Everybody has vacation, there is also a pension system where you can save and deduct from tax. So you are talking nonsense.

most do it to get a work permit and a longer stay in LOS.  

but, yes, if young then they are pretty stupid.  they could make much more back home and setup their future much better.  however, they want to avoid real responsibility until they must.  yea, most are horrible teachers but they are better than non-native speakers.

then you get the older guys who have cash back home and just want to wait until spending their money from back home.  

i'm sure a lot less would work if the visa situation was different.  

5 hours ago, Trolleen said:

Have people from Europe work as 200.000 baht per months. They never gets problems with immigration because the company take care. It is not many but very few. The most Europeans gets problems in Thai costume because immigration thinks they work in Thailand . What people who have no big experiences can get in Thailand  200.000 baht per month.some can get  50.000 per months? Who want to work for it?'why stop the tourist of false accusations of working here?

48 hours per week. NoI vacation. No pension

It could be a temporary job. Or if a NQT someone getting experience before moving on.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I was getting 140 pounds/day in 2009 working as a substitute high school teacher in the UK.

(7,000bht/day)

hat was about the least you could earn as a school-teacher.

The same salary  I had to pilot a postal sorting machine ;  2000 to 2006 ;

working two nights out of four from 8 pm to 6 am , working often Sundays and holidays ...

the other two nights rest or overtime if I wanted ; 

And to return to the original subject, I believe that some here are putting their finger deep in the eye believing that most foreign teachers of English earn at least 50,000 baht a month;
those are the exception;
the vast majority of foreign teachers of English earn much less than that and it is also a shame because often they do not have Work Permit while it is the direction of the schools to ask for this document for their foreign teachers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I was getting 140 pounds/day in 2009 working as a substitute high school teacher in the UK.

(7,000bht/day)

hat was about the least you could earn as a school-teacher.

Yes, I don't know what this guy is talking about. Being a teacher is one of the cushiest government jobs in the west. Unions, guaranteed raise every year, nice pension and huge vacation times.

• Like 1

I worked in technical consulting one or two weeks at a time in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. One of the most difficult aspects I found was the culture of the locals telling me what they thought I wanted to hear, not what was actually happening.

I don't know about other countries, but in Australia I noticed people who had very senior positions in Asia were treated as if they had contracted leprosy once they returned.

• Like 2

People on here always putting teachers down. If a teacher is smart and ambitious, it is possible to make 100,000 a month. Will you become a millionaire? Of course not. But neither are teachers in the west and many of their classrooms more resemble a monkey cage than a classroom. I taught for many years in BKK and often made over 100k a month. Saved a good portion of it too. You just need to have the desire to do it.

19 hours ago, gearbox said:
20 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

Where are you referring to because Thailand is not a third world country ?

Any country where a 60 years old foreign bricklayer or plumber can bag a cute 25 years old university graduate is a third world country in my books.

me thinks you got it reversed as some of those university graduates completed plumbing programs and are proficient at fitting and clearing pipes.

For my six pennorth. I am assuming that OP considers 40,000 to 50,000 baht salary per month is a small amount of money for a job for 48 hour working week for a foreigner?

This foreigner doesn't work and lives on 30,000 baht per month.  I consider this comfortable living, especially when I see rice farmers, cattle farmers, corn farmers, people that rent ponds fishing, eff scrabbling to make a !iving. I'm also very lucky, as over the years, I have had money to spend on 3 houses.

Please do not assume that all people are the same. They have different reasons for doing what they do and how they do it. And don't assume that 40,000 to 50,000 baht per month is insufficient reason for them to do what they do.

13 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Where do i say i do not enjoy Thailand?

It's only the majority of the people that annoy me...

Ah, so you are also here for the temples ??  :whistling:

The same people that would annoy me here annoy me in the UK or elsewhere... some people are just twits and can be readily avoided (in most cases), but for the most part, people of any culture and country are inherently good which makes being anywhere enjoyable, even in a 3rd world sh!thole which Thailand most definitely isn't.