Foreigners allowed to change visa status while in Vietnam: NA

webfact

5 hours ago, yellowboat said:

How many oil workers stay in one place for 183 days?  An just don't rent a house.

Me for one. Married and domiciled in the non-rental family home in Thailand between international work gigs.

I just KNEW someone would think I was special. Thanks!

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

So sad! Vietnam makes Communism look good. Especially compared to the mess we have in the USA. Imagine trying to change a law in the severely divided Congress of the United States. When democracy stops working because of extreme division, then the benefits of democracy vanish as well. 

12 hours ago, yellowboat said:

"A foreign person’s liability to Vietnamese tax is determined by tax residence status. If a foreigner is present in Vietnam for more than 182 days in a tax year, or the individual has a rented house or similar residence in Vietnam with a term of 183 days or more in a tax year, and cannot prove that the individual is a tax resident under another jurisdiction during the same period, then the individual is treated as a tax resident of Vietnam and is taxed on the individual’s worldwide income. A tax non-resident of Vietnam is an individual who does not meet the above criteria for a tax resident and is subject to tax on Vietnam-sourced income only."  https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2014/01/vietnam-thinking-beyond-borders.html

I hear it is hardly ever enforced as too difficult for the authorities to check on all the foreigners.

Anyone on this forum had personal first hand experience of this?

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, justin case said:

does it make any sense you have to fly out every x days to get stamped out and stamped in to be able to stay here ? never did to me ... 

It does if you are either working or have have a second home elsewhere or are just not inclined to leave all ones eggs in the Thai basket.

17 hours ago, justin case said:

get a proper visa, tell that to my crazy ex wife that is preventing me from applying (not signing papers)

What visa application needs a Thai ex-wife's signature, crazy or otherwise?

On 11/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, Ron jeremy said:

They are in no hurry to copy the mistakes Thailand has made.

We see that you do not know anything about Vietnam.
In the early 90's I used to frequent little light houses in Saigon.
In Hanoi it was harder but never impossible because the government is there;
and do you know why this phrase must never be used in the evening at Hue: đi đo  ...

In the day, it means using a boat to cross the river of perfumes, but in the evening ... it has a very different meaning and why?

Edited by Assurancetourix