Gary Rhodes ‘slipped and hit his head in shower’ – after telling pal ‘life couldn’t be better’

snoop1130

Gary Rhodes ‘slipped and hit his head in shower’ – after telling pal ‘life couldn’t be better’

By Thomas Burrows

1245.PNG

TV chef Gary Rhodes, who was known for his spiky hair, has died aged 59 / Credit: Rex Features

CELEB chef Gary Rhodes tragically slipped and hit his head before he died, according to a close friend who was one of the last people to see him alive.

The spiky-haired chef, who was best know for shows such as Rhodes Around Britain, Masterchef and Hell's Kitchen, was surrounded by family when he died, aged 59, at his home in Dubai on Tuesday night.

The dad-of-two, who moved to the UAE in 2007, was working on the day he died and his death is said to have come as a complete shock.

Fellow chef Vineet Bhatia, who was filming with Gary Rhodes last week in Dubai, said Rhodes was fit and healthy and his last words to him were "life couldn't be better".

Full Story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10440993/gary-rhodes-death-cause-news/

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I know two guys who slipped in the shower and died in Chiang Mai.

Always thought it was like the 'Pattaya flying club' and involved dodgy persons in your room.

Didn't realise he was so old.

suprised there aren't more deaths in Thailand due to people slipping on wet tiles, like a skating rink. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I know two guys who slipped in the shower and died in Chiang Mai.

Always thought it was like the 'Pattaya flying club' and involved dodgy persons in your room.

Didn't realise he was so old.

I fell and broke my arm in 2006 (shattered elbow, broken shoulder) with nobody else in the room.

If I'd fallen slightly differently, it would have been the back of my head and I wouldn't be here now.

Polished stone floors look great, but wet feet coming out of a bath or shower can make them treacherous.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bkk_mike said:

I fell and broke my arm in 2006 (shattered elbow, broken shoulder) with nobody else in the room.

If I'd fallen slightly differently, it would have been the back of my head and I wouldn't be here now.

Polished stone floors look great, but wet feet coming out of a bath or shower can make them treacherous.

Which is why it is wise to either have a non slip coating applied ( does not ruin the look) or purchase non slip tiles. Have polished stone floors and have them treated every two years, Necessary especially in wet areas

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Can be helped by buying slip resistant stickers for tub or shower floor  or in my case I had slip resistant tiles installed in my bathroom after slipping and almost falling.  Outside the bathroom I have a square piece of rug to dry my feet before walking on the tiles in the bedroom.

Much the same with me , a black mat in the shower space that can only be peeted off the floor and a towel on the floof by the step out of the room as the bedroom are not no slip tiles. Sure most accidents in homes are caused by slippery floors. Or poor electrics .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

News channels like the BBC are always secretive about how someone dies, which is what we want to know. Nothing in the news yesterday, finally it comes out

The purpose of the BBC is not to inform the populace but to manage their perceptions. I have worked with the BBC and the contempt in which the execs hold their audience is astonishing.