Married In Europe - Want To Legalise In Thailand

Jahil

Hello everybody.

Married in Europe since a few years with my thai wife, we want to legalise the wedding in Thailand.

When we asked thail Embassy what documents we need they gave a very clear answer: the same as the one you need to marry in Europe. Thank you, Very good answer....... :o

I adopted the daughter of my wife in the past and it tooks us 3 travels to get it finalised... it was alsways a document missing!

Does anyone has experience about this process? What is needed?

Thanks for your help.

If you are married in europe, then that marriage is recognised in Thailand. In otherwords, it is already legal.

We've used our overseas wedding certificates for all sorts of things, visa extensions, passport for my daughter, joint bank account opening etc.

You don't need to do a thing. The Thai embassy was right. :o

If you are married in europe, then that marriage is recognised in Thailand. In otherwords, it is already legal.

We've used our overseas wedding certificates for all sorts of things, visa extensions, passport for my daughter, joint bank account opening etc.

You don't need to do a thing. The Thai embassy was right. :o

Are you sure I do not have to do anything in the city in Thailand?

Very sure.

After three years of marriage, joint accounts, visa extensions, a birth of a child etc etc etc. I'm pretty sure.

If you want to be safe, probably best to organise a Thai translation of your wedding certificate especially if it isn't in English.

Won't OP need some sort of certification from the Belgium embassy? Can't imagine Thai authorities would accept any foreign documents without a certification stamp from the embassy...

No, samran is correct, but if the office you are dealing with are being difficult, a translation of the certificate will help