Cannot Post Pics On To Thaivisa

MiG16

for quite sometime now Im not able to post pics on to either the threads or PM. I know how to do it and have done it in the past...but now any time I try it just keeps showing the uploading file status forever.

no idea how this has happened .....and Id have settled to my text posts had it not been the topic of the chocolate thread :o

so any advice? tips on what I should do?

thanks :D if it works then I might bribe the mod with some nice chocs :D

for quite sometime now Im not able to post pics on to either the threads or PM. I know how to do it and have done it in the past...but now any time I try it just keeps showing the uploading file status forever.

no idea how this has happened .....and Id have settled to my text posts had it not been the topic of the chocolate thread :o

so any advice? tips on what I should do?

thanks :D if it works then I might bribe the mod with some nice chocs :D

Fist click on "My Controls" and then go down the left side of your page to "options" and click "manage attachments"

It will show you then how much of your attachment space you've used up. If it's all used up you can delete some from old posts or beg an admin to increase the space.

One way to get around the attachment quotas is to open a gallery and link the photos into the post from your gallery rather than attaching them, or getting a flickr or other free photo storage account.

CDN, thanks for the tip...I checked and Ive used less than 1% of my allowance... 213kb from 48MB

and tots the files arent any bigger than 2MB. I even tried copying a photo that had been uploaded by other member on to a thread and try to upload...still always the same result.

I dont think its my internet speed either, since I can upload photos on to other sites (although not done in a while but its been done). Plus I was able to upload photos into my gallery on thaivisa.

thanks for any further advice?

From SBK:

OK< Mig, I have just edited your post and added this smiley through the manage current attachments button:

post-4641-1175231035.gif

Any ideas guys? sbk

Edited by sbk
added smiley

Im using firefox.

SBK thanks for adding colour to my frustrated state :D

Im getting really desperate cos I need to post all my wonderful choc pics :D

the offer of some nice free choc is still open to the one that fix this problem for me :o

and yes I will stoop to bribery :D

Hi Mig,

I had the same problem as this, and I think it came after they upgraded the software??

Monty suggested it could be Fireox and to upgrade to 2.1, this worked for me.

If you are not on 2.1 there is a thread somewhere else I shall search and post when I have found it. I reckon this will solve your problem.

Moss Finn computer Expert :o:D:D

Good Luck

Moss

ok have cleared cache etc....

so lets see....one more go at this......

PS. what I dont understand is...if I can upload pics onto gallery on thaivisa, then why not on to the threads ......hmmmmm

ok have cleared cache etc....

so lets see....one more go at this......

PS. what I dont understand is...if I can upload pics onto gallery on thaivisa, then why not on to the threads ......hmmmmm

i adjusted your account, try it again now - upload within a post and if that doesn't work try within a new blog.

my gut feeling is it is a setting within your browser, if you have firefox then try with IE (to test, we know firefox is preferred)

Well done MiG16.

Now you can try adding it into a post... like this.

gallery_22734_603_188482.jpg

/Edit - I wonder why the pic is not getting re-sized to fit the screen. :o

Huski???

Edited by Jai Dee
Additional comment added.

jaidee :o thats what Ive been saying from the start :D can get them uploaded elsewhere, but NOT on the threads..... :D

ok one more try......

still nope

too complicated for my simple non-tech savvy head :D:o

my solution might be to post them on the gallery and provide links so people from my chocolate thread can see what Im talking about

oh well

but its still baffling though.....someone must have an answer to this?

oh wait...I still need to try IE..gee now where have I locked up my IE browser....

I must admit I never use the upload button except for the prem xl sheets.

www.photobucket.com , open an account, upload your pics there, underneath each one is a http address.

Copy and paste that into the [insert image] link above, takes no time at all.

ps I like......................................................

post-2570-1175487187_thumb.jpg

hmm it does work after all.... :o

Well done MiG16.

Now you can try adding it into a post... like this.

Huski???

Seems ok (Reduced: 40% of original size). Sometimes I see a large image will be full size until full loaded into the window then it reduces and the reduction bar shows up.

Huski???

It's resized for me JD

totster :D

Chonabot's image has been resized for me, but my link to MiG16's gallery photo displays full size, causing the horizontal scroll bar to appear at the bottom of my screen.

:D

Huski???

It's resized for me JD

totster :D

Chonabot's image has been resized for me, but my link to MiG16's gallery photo displays full size, causing the horizontal scroll bar to appear at the bottom of my screen.

:D

Try hitting CTRL F5 and see what happens. Shows ok for me, seems it is not fully loading for you or fragmented in the cache.

alright taking chonabot's suggestion...despite the spurs logo.... :o

now take a look at this pic...esp for Chonabot :D

ermm...it only shows as link though? not the pic is showing here.....which is what i can do with thaivisa album... wouldnt have needed to go open an account at that photobucket thing :D

Edited by MiG16

Try hitting CTRL F5 and see what happens. Shows ok for me, seems it is not fully loading for you or fragmented in the cache.

Ahhhh... thank you... all OK now.

:o

Now... back to MiG16's problem.

following Jaidee's suggestion I will try this now....

PS. alright i tried and this is what i got:

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

ok im willing to try all these fancy ways of posting a pic, but what I still DONT get is...why cant I do the simple upload? my question remains....if I can upload to the album...why not the thread? its obviously the same steps involved....so I am doing it right.........grrrrrrrrr and sighhhhhhhhh

one more go at it....

this place has historic relevance :o

PS. 1st Edit: so that didnt work either...now lets try once again:

bear with me people :D

AmsterdamArena014.jpg

2nd Edit: gee finally!!!

but mind you...this hasnt exactly solved the mystery of why I cant directly upload the image on here.

Edited by MiG16