My Kasikorn card suddenly stops working abroad

11 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

No different when it comes to PINs otherwise fraudsters could keep trying indefinitely.

Do you live in Thailand?  Interested to learn more about your "Credit Card" ... you got that from a Thai bank?  And no, I don't mean the "Enhanced Debit" card that allows you to use it LIKE a credit card to book flights, etc .. but still requires a current balance to cover any purchase IE: That is NOT a credit card.  It is a fee based Enhanced Debit card. So please, tell me more about your Thai Bank based "Credit Card" ... Always willing to learn something new .. so looking forward to your reply

1 minute ago, bangkokequity said:

Do you live in Thailand?  Interested to learn more about your "Credit Card" ... you got that from a Thai bank?  And no, I don't mean the "Enhanced Debit" card that allows you to use it LIKE a credit card to book flights, etc .. but still requires a current balance to cover any purchase IE: That is NOT a credit card.  It is a fee based Enhanced Debit card. So please, tell me more about your Thai Bank based "Credit Card" ... Always willing to learn something new .. so looking forward to your reply.

Conservation over.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

555 ! PERFECT ... I KNEW this would end it ... "You can always tell a Trumpster .. but you can't tell 'em much!"

Good Bye ... enjoy that Credit card issued to a foreigner from a Thai Bank.  NOT.

36 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Here's what I did yesterday when I picked up my new Bangkok Bank Be1st Mastercard.  I retained the original PIN and added '00'.  I won't forget that.

Bingo.  Got my new 6 digit last month ... saved the first 4 digits too. I love this card because of the PIN requirement on purchases.  By Krungsri cards? ... "no worries, just authorized." Not good!

So, Krugsri became the "Mother Ship" account, and I just keep 30 - 50K on the Bangkok bank card and carry that only.

4 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Do you live in Thailand?  Interested to learn more about your "Credit Card" ... you got that from a Thai bank?  And no, I don't mean the "Enhanced Debit" card that allows you to use it LIKE a credit card to book flights, etc .. but still requires a current balance to cover any purchase IE: That is NOT a credit card.  It is a fee based Enhanced Debit card. So please, tell me more about your Thai Bank based "Credit Card" ... Always willing to learn something new .. so looking forward to your reply

4 hours ago, torturedsole said:

before this thread gets locked,  interested parties may be interested in this post

There have been others here that have posted success getting secured credit cards.  The story is similar (get some kind of fixed deposit/CD type of product; and use that as collateral).   So many married/retirees and such that have 400k/800k in a fixed deposit acct and don't touch it could potentially re-purpose it as CC collateral.    

An UNsecured card for a foreigner takes a lot more work (you need a regular job with work permit).  And the limit was like 30-50k baht or something similar.   I will try to find that thread.

Edit:  found it.  They appeared to talk of credit cards and even lines of credit (unsecured) vs enhanced debit cards.  Interesting read.  The CC limit was pretty low, but it proves that a foreigner was able to get one:

Never had a problem with my Kasikorn debit card abroad. I have used it in Norway, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Just make sure to ask the bank to open it for withdrawals outside of Thailand. 

Archived