Thai gf not paid for work done

3 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Thailand Business 101, the down payment should always be 100% of your cost and effort.

Before starting any work, money in hand.

If not, don't take the job.

If they are honest, they will pay up front.

Personally, after a year later, I would let this go to lessons learned.

75,000 is not even worth it.

That's nonsense. It's not even just about the money now. She's done a lot of work and the guy must pay for it. 

And your last sentence that 75,000 baht isn't even worth it doesn't make sense.

Some farmers live on less for two years

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Treating somebody with cops ( what Thais usually NOT do), or a lawyer often changes people's' minds in a nanosecond.

But I've heard so many stories of women who had even better excuses "to ask for money". And the way i see it, it's somehow one. 

That question was actually for the person who posted this.  There are several factors at play here, and one is location.  In a big city like BKK, it is nearly impossible to figure out who is who ... in a village ... everybody knows everybody.  So, in Bangkok, yes ... there are solutions ... and I would say Dec 31 at midnight is a very handy deadline to give someone.  

Here is how it goes ... out in the street, not in his office:

Are you going top pay this bill it is a yes or no question.

Who are you?

The guy asking the questions ... yes or no ... will you pay this bill?
Since yes / no questions freak Thai People out, they can never answer one ... the answer will be "soon"

OK, you have until midnight December 31 2019.

And if I don't pay?

That will become painfully clear on January 1st.  Have a good day.
And the person just walks away ...

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Yinn, I love your "local Mafia" advice. Have you seen the godfather? If not, please watch it one day..

Does the guy have horses?

Tell him to do it Mafia.jpg

Maybe see a bit long time ago. Is Italian mafia. 

Thai mafia different. 

On 12/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, spidermike007 said:

shame him in front of his family. Believe me I have alot of experience with this

Curious, what type of work gives you a lot of experience shaming people in front of their family? ????

On 12/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, Isaanbiker said:

That's nonsense. It's not even just about the money now. She's done a lot of work and the guy must pay for it. 

And your last sentence that 75,000 baht isn't even worth it doesn't make sense.

Some farmers live on less for two years

It's already been a year.

He isn't paying.

Options? Lawyer, waste of money with no guarantee of a return.

Want to threaten him? Good way to invite some massive trouble.

File a police report? Who knows what side they will take.

75,000 baht isn't enough money to get your head bashed in that's for sure.

In Thailand people don't must anything they don't want to, right or wrong.

She did the work is the claim, is there a contract? Is there any evidence?

You are in Scamland. Throw away the logical thinking and realize people get scammed every single day and never recover.

5 hours ago, lkn said:

Curious, what type of work gives you a lot of experience shaming people in front of their family? ????

With my line of work, I have rarely had any issues with payment, though many have attempted to scam me, without success. But, in my personal life I have lent money to people I should not have. And only thought a massive degree of perseverance, annoyance, hassling, and literally nonstop communication with the party I lent money to, his family, his friends and his business associates, was I able to finally shame them into giving the money back.

I had one experience where I bought a business class ticket from a broker who was recommended to me. The ticket was phony. He was running a scam. It was over $2000. I kept on him like white on rice for 20 months. Calling, texting, and emailing non stop. I contacted his wife. I shamed him online. Finally after 20 months, he gave me all the money back. He told me nobody had ever come after him like that before, and he was scamming someone else, to get my money. Meant nothing to me. I got my money back. He said he needed to give me my money back, so he could get his life back! You cannot leave them alone. You have to be an incredible annoyance to them. They want to pretend they did not borrow the money! And some want to even create a narrative, where you are the bad guy! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 9:16 AM, BestB said:

Fairly safe to assume you have zero experience with any of it. 

Just the comment on ignoring libel laws is enough to ignore your entire post, but to put cherry on top you advising to harass family and co workers which is a criminal offence .

Forgive him, he voted for Hillary Clinton. ????

If she has a contract for the work tell her to go to the labor department. If she did the work on a hand shake and a wink then she'll get nothing.

Live and learn.  Next time request 30% upfront. Also if it is digital work she can put a watermark on it until the invoice is paid.

Make sure you make proper quotations and get them to sign them and company stamp and return to you before you start work. If you work with proper business procedures they are less likely to think they can take advantage of you. Submit proper invoices with Tax ID, and payment due dates. If they are late start calling their accounts department, make sure they received the invoice. If they didn't, send it directly to accounts, with a copy of the signed quotation and proof of completed work, and get them to confirm they received it.

If you don't have proper documentation people will ignore you.