Intrusive ads on TV

Bangkok Barry

Use a Browser other than Chrome. 

Since they don't really like these kinds of discussion, I won't be too specific.

But I, without any need to install extensions etc, don't ever see any banner/intrusive ads.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings ????

Edited by Eindhoven

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

They are indeed very annoying, Sometimes I believe they are actively trying to destroy this forum, It used to be such a lively place . perhaps there also other reasons at play here but many of the people that I see here over the years are all disappearing. 

I send you a PM that might be of a little help , and will be monitoring this thread for better solutions. 

I certainly hope TVF does the right thing and removes them. I understand their business model and will like to support it but they need to understand their users needs also, or eventually they will lose them, and where will their business model be then?

Certainly they are very obtrusive on the mobile site, hopefully someone will message you how to resolve.

Adverts are required but the tricky thing is getting the right amount before it turns people off

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

as Barry points out,  we can live with all the ads on the side.   and in  between posts as well !

But when it covers what you are reading and CONSTANTLY keeps reappearing it is a real pain in the butt.     I have been wishing someone would address this issue.   Thanks Barry....

Now,  how do we get some results ?   I think EVERY member should be made aware of this thread and let the site know how we feel

Can't live with those either. Got rid of them all. Got rid of the banners and even the TV logo. Blocked a bunch of idiot avatars. Changed the font from Work Sans back to Arial, changed the color (by removing the partial opacity) to true black, increased the size for readability. Now all text, except for remaining avatars and images in posts, the forum's quite bearable for me. I mean, except for so many of the posts themselves. ???? Not that I would ever recommend anyone do such a thing, no, never. Or tell anyone how to do it: that would be against the rules. Just sayin' that where there's a will, there's a way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Ads? What Ads?

NCC  saw your username  and thought he was tripping.   I think he was going to ask for number 46 ,

sleep deprived,  working the campaign non-stop

• Confused 1

On 12/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

ately, I am receiving intrusive videos on ThaiVisa produced by vdo.ai that cover the bottom right of my screen and partly cover what I'm trying to read. Although I understand that TV needs to make money

MINE HAVE STOPPED !      ( uh, i think )    

anyone else find that they are not getting them anymore?

EDIT :   MINE HAVE NOT STOPPED !!   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by rumak

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Mine too today, but that might or might be due to 'steps' I have taken.

I spoke too soon.     easy steps?   always afraid I will screw something up when trying to "fix"

23 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Try Firefox in private window.  

Makes no difference but you need to alter certain settings in said browser and the problem magically dissappears.

Still can't get spellcheck to work in said browser.

Edited by DannyCarlton

Guys I have e mailed forum support and expressed my views on these intrusive annoying ads, I received a nice reply from Linda in Thaivisa Support Team who said " I'll pass your feed back onto management and our technical team for their consideration". If as many people as possible do this then maybe they will have a rethink.

I use Windows 10 on my laptop ( an old Samsung) but don't have the knowledge to prevent these annoying beggars so I am hoping that the high ups might reconsider this awful idea. Please e mail them, tell them how you feel (politely of course) ???? 

FWIW, when I use Firefox on my laptop I don't get ads on this site.....I think Firefox blocks them all. But if I look at ThaiVisa on my iPad, my God, it lights up like a Christmas tree....and makes the whole ThaiVisa experience <deleted>.

• Like 2

very few sites use this pop up method of advertising, in fact only one non-thai based site i visit uses this method, for a reason; while the site may get income they have to balance this with annoying their users, and it is questionable how effective advertising that annoys people actually is...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Guys I have e mailed forum support and expressed my views on these intrusive annoying ads, I received a nice reply from Linda in Thaivisa Support Team who said " I'll pass your feed back onto management and our technical team for their consideration". If as many people as possible do this then maybe they will have a rethink.

I use Windows 10 on my laptop ( an old Samsung) but don't have the knowledge to prevent these annoying beggars so I am hoping that the high ups might reconsider this awful idea. Please e mail them, tell them how you feel (politely of course) ???? 

i have never got a response back from support.   SO,  i would hope they might just read our thread here.   Those ads blocking what one is reading are really not nice to deal with

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Is there an email address for this? I've emailed forum support on a number of occasions for various reasons, via the link provided by TV but have never recieved a single reply. I just assumed that it was a dead link.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Is there an email address for this? I've emailed forum support on a number of occasions for various reasons, via the link provided by TV but have never recieved a single reply. I just assumed that it was a dead link.

I sent my message to, and received the reply from Linda on [email protected]

Edited by Golden Triangle

Past couple of days I've been getting this popping up at the top of my screen in chrome (Android). Attempts to disable autoplay in the settings have had no effect, and I don't wish to use a different browser. Banner ads within the site are one thing but taking over the phone like this is extremely intrusive. I've not had this happen before on the forum and I don't get it on other sites I frequent. What's going on?

IMG_20191205_054148.jpg

On 12/3/2019 at 11:56 PM, rumak said:

MINE HAVE STOPPED !      ( uh, i think )    

anyone else find that they are not getting them anymore?

EDIT :   MINE HAVE NOT STOPPED !!   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Stopped 55555555555555555555555

I've started a thread about that a while back but zero been done about it.

Obviously we, the posters, are of little importance to the people responsible for that atrocity.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Past couple of days I've been getting this popping up at the top of my screen in chrome (Android). Attempts to disable autoplay in the settings have had no effect, and I don't wish to use a different browser. Banner ads within the site are one thing but taking over the phone like this is extremely intrusive. I've not had this happen before on the forum and I don't get it on other sites I frequent. What's going on?

IMG_20191205_054148.jpg

The problems appear to be worse as the screen gets smaller.

Obviously the people that run the ads on TVF didn't trial them on anything but the big screens they use.

Are they reading this and my thread? No response so far.

17 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I sent my message to, and received the reply from Linda on [email protected]

Good to know there is someone there, but did she say if anything going to be done about it? The horrible intrusive pop ups are a new thing and they can be stopped, if support wants to do that. Will they though? Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1