Pattaya: No wonder tourists aren't coming - pack of ten attack "just arrived" Irishman

webfact

On 12/11/2019 at 2:55 AM, Gweiloman said:

+1

Simply put, a large majority of western tourists (not expats) to Pattaya are sexpats, blue collar, uncouth, lower class and not really the most desired group of tourists socially. 
That’s why the majority of such altercations occur in Pattaya and not in other cities like Bangkok, CM etc. 

'Lower class?!' Who are you? Marie Antoinette? CM..there is no nightlife...so concomitantly there are less incidents.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, Scot123 said:

Still trying to justify attempted murder. Still trying to live in your bubble of it could never happen to me. Then using a race card. You are definitely living in a fantasy world if you think Thailand is safe! The village I lived in out of 7 years a murder each year, shot and or stabbed and age from 14 to 70. Reasons from girl didn't like the attention she was getting from a boy her family liked and got two boys to assassinate him (shot in the back of the head. Old guy gave 2 baht tip at a party to a guy singing (stabbed to death by father and son walking home). Giving advice to a guy who's wife had left him (stabbed to death). Out of all the murders in the village only one was a kid dealing drugs. This is not to mention the shootings/murders in town (one night club where a guy opened up on another table over a girl). Several drive by shooting out of jealousy thinking they were taking business away. Yes Thailand is really safe! No, Thailand is really dangerous. My first experience was in 2002 arriving in kow tow to do a diving course and on the outhe pier a tour operator shot dead reason undercutting prices. I do not know how long you have lived in Thailand or if your spouse keeps you in a bubble but you seem to be deaf, dumb and blind. Not even talking about road safety. You really are deluded but maybe that is how you live your life. 

I live in Pattaya.  You live in a febrile state induced by sensationalist headlines or some dark underbelly of Thai life.  I have been around Thailand for about 30 years, live in Pattaya, travelled all round Thailand, live in no bubble, been drop dead drunk.in all kinds of places, all times of day and night..Thailand, and Pattaya are exceptionally safe for us foreigners. You have heard plenty but NOTHING has ever happened to you or your friends.

Apparently the guy was video taping the dancers, and when caught, he was thrown out. In his opinion, the dancers were too young and he was gathering evidence to file a complaint. Wow!

Video taping in a go-go bar - you got to be on drugs or an idiot.

So many foreigners come to Thailand and try impose their own standards and values and that is just plain stupid.

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I am sorry to contradict you but you must be a very timerous person. Pattaya is very safe. We do not need security patrols. Get drunk safely anywhere and relax.  Bill padding is very rare. Stupid customers unfortunately are not as is apparently the case with the newbie gobsh*te in this thread.  He badmouthed staff, refused to pay a bill when drunk then hit an old woman. He should have been arrested.

How the <deleted> do u know what happened? Were u there? 

I wouldn't believe a <deleted> word that mamasan said. 

Do you actually think she would admit to padding his bill?

no one knows, but to beat the guy senseless is not the solution. Period! 

On 12/9/2019 at 1:31 PM, Pilotman said:

nobody 'brings on' a cowardly attack by 10 others. 

Any time I've been in or witnessed an altercation, I, or the attacked, have always taken a moment, with the agreement of the attackers of course, to count the assailants.

Well, you just have to. Makes much more sense than swinging a chair and running like the wind, doesn't it?

Archived