Pattaya: No wonder tourists aren't coming - pack of ten attack "just arrived" Irishman

webfact

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

It's funny that these at tacks are quite rare ANYWHERE else in Asia, Cambodia, Laos Vietnam Myanmar Malaysia, even Thailand, udon Thani? Chang Mai? Hau hin, krabi, .samui. , and the same demographic involved, and pattaya.

Yes this problem seems to be concentrated in Pattaya but I wouldn't include Krabi and Samui in your above list. Anyway as @marqus12 stated this problem with the locals could be solved very easily: Fascism isn't all bad. 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, morrobay said:

Yes this problem seems to be concentrated in Pattaya but I wouldn't include Krabi and Samui in your above list. Anyway as @marqus12 stated this problem with the locals could be solved very easily: Fascism isn't all bad. 

No the problem is country wide. That in itself is a partial explanation, for those that want to see.

43 minutes ago, ukrules said:

"He said that he attempted to video the situation with his smartphone which led to the escalation of the matter."

Sounds like they beat the <deleted> out of him because he was filming the evidence.

signs are everywhere, no phone, no video, respect the girls privacy. expect a problem if you do. NO EXCUSE. if the guy has any phone video … no no no. bar owners no likey. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

No, The Irish guy attacked the female bar owner and the employees chased him out the bar

you actually believe that story from the female bar owner?. You were there?

apologies, I shouldn't have wrote story, more like a crock of ________

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Its not deflection at all .

It has been reported that he wouldnt pay his drink bill and he attacked people first

It is also reported he was trying to use his camera inside a GGB with a vigilante reasoning....do any of these 'reports' actually give security a right to beat him up?

Unless he did something way beyond the realms of unacceptable behaviour there's no way he deserves this type of beating and even then it's a job for the police. I understand we have to accept this is not our country but it's hard to see the logic of those who think this mob mentality is acceptable. 

16 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Ah "The its never happened to you" syndrome so it must be the tourist. What's with this nonsense about don't do this, don't do that? The bottom line is you do not go on holiday to be beaten half to death by 10 local men (attempted murder in the UK). It is pathetic trying to shift the blame on the tourist. So your advice is come to Thailand get a limo so you can avoid taxi mafia, go straight to your hotel room and dead bolt your door turn on TV, live off room service until your limo comes and picks you up to take you to the airport. I personally over the years have witnessed lots of bad stuff, I have also had a gun pulled on me from behind, I've seen shootings in the street, Thai men beating the hell out of their women in the street (kow tow and bkk). Thailand is very dangerous and never forget it is 3rd world. Violence will increase more and more as western tourist decrease. 

Quite a rosy picture you have conveyed. Sorry you have witnessed such craziness. Most of us have not. And most of us have not been subject to the kinds of violence and mayhem you have seen. Sure, it is out there. But I consider this to be one of the safest nations on earth, for the average foreigner who keeps his nose clean. I am not attempting to shift blame. I am just saying that with certain precautions, most incidents like this can be avoided.

And again, my point was not about Thai on Thai violence. The murder rate here is comparable to the US, as I stated. But 99% of that is Thai on Thai which means very little to me and most others. Name a few countries that are not afflicted with local violence. 

Sad situation it is, and regrettable, of course. 

However with tens of thousands visitors, it seems to be, to been considered as an uncommon incident. 

One course one can always pretend it happens daily, but never reach the media. 

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Quite a rosy picture you have conveyed. Sorry you have witnessed such craziness. Most of us have not. And most of us have not been subject to the kinds of violence and mayhem you have seen. Sure, it is out there. But I consider this to be one of the safest nations on earth, for the average foreigner who keeps his nose clean. I am not attempting to shift blame. I am just saying that with certain precautions, most incidents like this can be avoided.

And again, my point was not about Thai on Thai violence. The murder rate here is comparable to the US, as I stated. But 99% of that is Thai on Thai which means very little to me and most others. Name a few countries that are not afflicted with local violence. 

+1

Simply put, a large majority of western tourists (not expats) to Pattaya are sexpats, blue collar, uncouth, lower class and not really the most desired group of tourists socially. 
That’s why the majority of such altercations occur in Pattaya and not in other cities like Bangkok, CM etc. 

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

+1

Simply put, a large majority of western tourists (not expats) to Pattaya are sexpats, blue collar, uncouth, lower class and not really the most desired group of tourists socially. 
That’s why the majority of such altercations occur in Pattaya and not in other cities like Bangkok, CM etc. 

simply put they deserve it...guess he found out the hard way

so some 200+ similar establishment on main thoroughfare beat me 2 1 inch of my life (because i queried the bill or the given change) police tea money paid or owned are allowed to trade, raided as publicity stunts occasionally.

this happens with taxis and shops a farang good hiding hardly carries any jail time mayb a 500b fine and a wah.

Had a mb taxi threaten me when he overtook me RS i had slowed indicated started turn blew the horn at he came back but 1 on 1 he decided better got the "i thai mafia" these pricks are so volatile tourists should spend their money else where am packing in after 10y going 2 vietnam 

On 12/10/2019 at 9:20 AM, sanemax said:

Its really nothing to do with where people come from , whether they be thai or felang .

If you behave like the Irish guy in any bar in the World or act the way he did by hitting a woman in a bar, the outcome is likely to be the same and in most cases , worse . 

Just because you are a White guy in Thailand, that doesnt mean that you can behave how you like with no comeuppance .

Thailand is not dangerous at all , unless you mix with dodgy bar owners or frequent seedy bars owned by criminal elements 

Still trying to justify attempted murder. Still trying to live in your bubble of it could never happen to me. Then using a race card. You are definitely living in a fantasy world if you think Thailand is safe! The village I lived in out of 7 years a murder each year, shot and or stabbed and age from 14 to 70. Reasons from girl didn't like the attention she was getting from a boy her family liked and got two boys to assassinate him (shot in the back of the head. Old guy gave 2 baht tip at a party to a guy singing (stabbed to death by father and son walking home). Giving advice to a guy who's wife had left him (stabbed to death). Out of all the murders in the village only one was a kid dealing drugs. This is not to mention the shootings/murders in town (one night club where a guy opened up on another table over a girl). Several drive by shooting out of jealousy thinking they were taking business away. Yes Thailand is really safe! No, Thailand is really dangerous. My first experience was in 2002 arriving in kow tow to do a diving course and on the outhe pier a tour operator shot dead reason undercutting prices. I do not know how long you have lived in Thailand or if your spouse keeps you in a bubble but you seem to be deaf, dumb and blind. Not even talking about road safety. You really are deluded but maybe that is how you live your life. 

22 hours ago, BenBen23 said:

This sucks and should not happen but I have to say, if you conduct yourself with some common courtesy, common sense, and respect this doesn't happen. Arguments over the bill can be avoided by simply paying attention to the bill, which they put in paper slips right in front of you. If you do get into disagreement with Thia men, don't be rude and DON'T WALK AWAY. Stay until the matter is settled one way or the other. Making a $hity comment and turning your back to walk away is really bad idea. 

Tell that to the old retired couple walking down the street during the day a couple of years ago. Both serious in hospital and the old boy almost died. Set on by a group of drunk Thai men. Almost a daily occurrence now. What is it with all these don'ts and be a good little boy and just hand over your wallet. This is disgusting and under no circumstances is it justified. When you have a problem with a customer you get the police, you do not try and beat him to death. Maybe the reason the police are not called is because the bar were in the wrong from the start. As for the statement from the scum who just tried to beat a tourist to death wow and people are believing it... As for him not having a shirt on.! Have you ever had a fight before? Fighting for your life against 10 men = shirt ripped off. 

On 12/10/2019 at 9:20 AM, sanemax said:

Its really nothing to do with where people come from , whether they be thai or felang .

If you behave like the Irish guy in any bar in the World or act the way he did by hitting a woman in a bar, the outcome is likely to be the same and in most cases , worse . 

Just because you are a White guy in Thailand, that doesnt mean that you can behave how you like with no comeuppance .

Thailand is not dangerous at all , unless you mix with dodgy bar owners or frequent seedy bars owned by criminal elements 

the bar/ GGB has , to the best of my knowledge, been in business for 15 years, if not more, if they treated tourists like this then surely they wouldn't have survived this long. they rely on expat business also. I know where my trust is on this story. the bar/ GGB will still be there despite this BS story. it's not off my list for sure. 

16 hours ago, Scot123 said:

When you have a problem with a customer you get the police, you do not try and beat him to death. Maybe the reason the police are not called is because the bar were in the wrong from the start.

Customer says they have had 4 beers, and that's all. 

Bar owner says customer had 4 beers and bought 2 lady drinks. 

What would you have the police do in this case?

You would have to triple the size of the police department here, if they were called to every contested bar bill. 

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Silly thing to say, the bars are quite strict about letting girls in.

say that to the places raided. Windmill was raided and the under cover guy goes straight for the girl with her sisters ID, funny that and a massage shop where they planted a girl for the raid

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

say that to the places raided. Windmill was raided and the under cover guy goes straight for the girl with her sisters ID, funny that and a massage shop where they planted a girl for the raid

A MP isn't a bar and the police have usually scoped out these young employees, or have a tip off. It isn't like they send them in a few minutes ahead and mamasan says  'Yeah sure, get your kit off and dance there!'

So much for their beefed up security patrols, right? Perhaps the security patrols feel out numbered and stay away from certain areas? I travel down to Pattaya from Bangkok often but you need to be smart about where you choose to drink and never get drunk in that town. Stay out of the clubs and have a few beers at a small bar with very few people that doesn't need security staff and always pay for each drink individually to avoid bill padding.

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

So much for their beefed up security patrols, right? Perhaps the security patrols feel out numbered and stay away from certain areas? I travel down to Pattaya from Bangkok often but you need to be smart about where you choose to drink and never get drunk in that town. Stay out of the clubs and have a few beers at a small bar with very few people that doesn't need security staff and always pay for each drink individually to avoid bill padding.

I am sorry to contradict you but you must be a very timerous person. Pattaya is very safe. We do not need security patrols. Get drunk safely anywhere and relax.  Bill padding is very rare. Stupid customers unfortunately are not as is apparently the case with the newbie gobsh*te in this thread.  He badmouthed staff, refused to pay a bill when drunk then hit an old woman. He should have been arrested.

Archived