UK tourist visa for my lady

Hi there, hoping someone can give me a little advice on submitting an application for a tourist visa/visiting family 

Have got most of the paperwork i think, regarding her assets over here, passport, etc, but confused on a couple of points

Have downloaded the visa online form, but have not started to fill it in till i get all the paperwork and things in order, but

Do i need , as the sponsor ( who has lived with her in Isaan for almost 4 years) 

need to produce my birth certificate ? ( do not have )

Need to show copies of both my UK and Thai bank accounts ?

My passport history ? does this mean copies of all pages with various immigration stamps from other countries, ?

Finally, do i have to scan and send these online, or do i just take them to Trendy House at the appointed time 

Seems to much more difficult to get a UK visa than it was to get and Australian one a couple of years ago. so don't want to fail if possible

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, cos my crazy lady want to see the UK and wants to see real snow too !

Birth certificate not required.

As the process might have changed since we last went I can only relate what I remember of our last application.

Did not need to copy every page of passport. Just the relevant info pages plus ones showing current Thai visa.

Can't see it would hurt to give an update of your current balance in both accounts. Such a mountain of paperwork anyway , one more page won't make much difference.

No you don’t need your birth certificate, just copies of the bio page of your passport, plus copies of the pages of your immigration history in Thailand and current status. Stamps of other travels will help if they coincide with her overseas travels, especially Australia.

If your living together in Thailand then provide details of your accommodation, copy of lease or proof of ownership.

If you’re funding the trip then you need to prove your ability to do so, either account would do, or both, a Thai account would indicate you’re probably settled here.

If you’re married provide evidence of that.

If your wife is in employment provide details, including confirmation that leave of absence has been approved and that she’s expected back after her trip.

If she’s a “housewife” and you support her, then say so.

The application needs to be submitted online, she can either scan and upload the supporting evidence herself, or VFS will do so for a fee.

I remember my wife wanting to see real snow, I did advise her that it rarely snowed in London in December, I was proved wrong and the novelty of snow wore off a couple of hours after arriving when we were caught in a blizzard in Covent Garden.

26 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

No you don’t need your birth certificate, just copies of the bio page of your passport, plus copies of the pages of your immigration history in Thailand and current status. Stamps of other travels will help if they coincide with her overseas travels, especially Australia.

If your living together in Thailand then provide details of your accommodation, copy of lease or proof of ownership.

If you’re funding the trip then you need to prove your ability to do so, either account would do, or both, a Thai account would indicate you’re probably settled here.

If you’re married provide evidence of that.

If your wife is in employment provide details, including confirmation that leave of absence has been approved and that she’s expected back after her trip.

If she’s a “housewife” and you support her, then say so.

The application needs to be submitted online, she can either scan and upload the supporting evidence herself, or VFS will do so for a fee.

I remember my wife wanting to see real snow, I did advise her that it rarely snowed in London in December, I was proved wrong and the novelty of snow wore off a couple of hours after arriving when we were caught in a blizzard in Covent Garden.

Thanks Denim and Oldgit, much appreciated

Just gunna sit for a long long time scanning the thick wad of papers  needed, then figure out the online application forms

Just hoping it works out.

Yup, warned her indoors, that in England, if its cold in the morning, then unlike here, its cold all day, and that snow is not just cold, its very cold and wet. If we manage to get her there, will cost me a fortune in winter clothes for her, and me too !

Thanks again

Archived